You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

Comolli and Hodgson at the Wigan/Newcastle game.

Looking at Rodallega I'm sure, gutted, I don't want him anywhere near us. (shame N'Zogbia isn't playing)

There is NO ONE playing in that Wigan-Newcastle game that we should be looking at.

Unless they're there to have a look at Enrique or was McCarthy playing for Wigan today,he could fit into the criteria FSG have outlined,just my opinion.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they're there to have a look at Enrique or was McCarthy playing for Wigan today,he could fit into the criteria FSG have outlined,just my opinion.

McCarthy didn't play. Of those on show today, Diame and Enrique have been the better players for their respective teams over the past couple of seasons, in my opinion.

isnt he extremely slow?

would definitely suit Hodgsons "sit in your own box" style of defending, worrying indeed

He is quite slow from what i've seen(on espn mainly) but he dominates the air and for a big fella is good with the ball at his feet composed aswell not just get in there and whack it anywhere like Agger in that aspect brings it out and plays it away,at 6.6" he's an asset at set pieces both for and against.him + Agger would be a great pairing thats why i wouldn't lose Agger to buy him.

McCarthy didn't play. Of those on show today, Diame and Enrique have been the better players for their respective teams over the past couple of seasons, in my opinion.

I agree,I actually think Enrique would be a good signing,definitely an improvement on what we've got in PK and a lot less injury prone the Aurelio

Dzeko's not all that in my opinion.

Has he scored much since him and Grafite got all them goals a few years back?

City still need an out and out quality striker.

He got 29 last year and 11 this year in all competitions.

It's more the option he'll give them. He's the focal point Adebayor should have been. Like has been mentioned though playing two upfront will require some tweaking from Mancini

He got 29 last year and 11 this year in all competitions.

It's more the option he'll give them. He's the focal point Adebayor should have been. Like has been mentioned though playing two upfront will require some tweaking from Mancini

I see, i was purely guessing about his record.

It's one thing getting all them goals in Germany but d'you think he could reproduce it over here?

Adebayor is a fucking mess so it won't be that hard a task to live up to his standards.

Isn't he a replacement for Tevez?

Most probably, that fella is fucking bipolar, he'll be wanting to leave again next week.

I see, i was purely guessing about his record.

It's one thing getting all them goals in Germany but d'you think he could reproduce it over here?

Adebayor is a fucking mess so it won't be that hard a task to live up to his standards.

Most probably, that fella is fucking bipolar, he'll be wanting to leave again next week.

Not sure to be honest. Germany is a decent standard, not as far off as it used to be. Certainly not compared to the shite we're seeing this year. I know a Bosnian lad who rates Dzeko very highly

When I've seen him on ESPN he's looked like he's got the lot. Good touch, good skill, big presence and not too slow. Seems to find space in the box and get on the end of things as well.

City will be a step up though so I'll be interested to see if he can do that

Here's hoping he's a massive fucking flop!

Liverpool are ready to buy Preston’s Northern Ireland international midfield starlet Adam Barton as they build a squad for the future.

The Anfield club have been plotting raids on several youngsters in a bid to return to their old philosophy of grooming top young talent.

North End have been asking for £5million for the 19-year-old, but Liverpool hope to lower the price with add-ons.

Read more: Transfer news: Liverpool primed for £5m Adam Barton bid - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Ahem... stolen from RAWK. Use the drop down menu to see who is coming available at season's end (although many are expiring loans) from the various leagues.

Still, Ziegler or Taiwo would sort us out at Left back.

Statistiken - Alle Fußballspieler mit auslaufenden Verträgen - transfermarkt.de

The youngest chap on the Premiership list is also very intriguing.

Also Clement Grenier is a very highly rated kid.

Edited by Pidge