You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

Cassano has signed for Milan apparantly.

If that's the case then I reckon Pirlo will be available.

They don't get on, I was reading an old copy of FourFourTwo whilst having a shit this morning.

Milan's team is just epic, albeit minus some quality in defence and a world class enforcer.

I was watching a youtube clip yesterday of the Milan team training, there was a group of Ronaldinho, Robinho, Pato and Thiago Silva doing keepy uppies and fucking around, and Flamini was part of the group as well. Needless to say, spot the non-Brazilian, he looked embarassed to be part of it.

Honestly, watch them fucking around with the ball, even their fuck-arounds are a lesson in ability and technique. Flamini enters at about 50 seconds and then things fuck up. Cringey, but then again, you can't blame him. He even turns up and looks for another group at first, he knows that he's going to get owned in that group.

I'd love some Brazilian flair in our front line, I'd even settle for fat Ronaldo right now, probably still amazing.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case then I reckon Pirlo will be available.

They don't get on, I was reading an old copy of FourFourTwo whilst having a shit this morning.

Milan's team is just epic, albeit minus some quality in defence and a world class enforcer.

I was watching a youtube clip yesterday of the Milan team training, there was a group of Ronaldinho, Robinho, Pato and Thiago Silva doing keepy uppies and fucking around, and Flamini was part of the group as well. Needless to say, spot the non-Brazilian, he looked embarassed to be part of it.

Honestly, watch them fucking around with the ball, even their fuck-arounds are a lesson in ability and technique. Flamini enters at about 50 seconds and then things fuck up. Cringey, but then again, you can't blame him. He even turns up and looks for another group at first, he knows that he's going to get owned in that group.

I'd love some Brazilian flair in our front line, I'd even settle for fat Ronaldo right now, probably still amazing.

Eh? Cassano and Pirlo are not even vaguely similar players. Cassano's arrival is more likely to spell the end of Ronaldinho's career there.

I think he was saying that they don't get on.

Indeed, it was an interview before the World Cup and he was asked about the omission of Balotelli and Cassano from the Italian squad, and I can't remember the exact wording of his answer but it was along the lines of 'glad they are not going, they do not understand how to play as part of a team of players'.

If Ancelotti is given more time at Chelsea, then I can easily see him or De Rossi being targeted as a replacement for Lampard, and I think he'd get one of them.

Liverpool are ready to join the battle for Borussia Dortmund star Nuri Sahin.

The German-born Turkey international has earned rave reviews for his displays for Bundesliga table-toppers Dortmund so far this season.

And his form has reportedly caught the eye of Serie A sides Juventus and Inter Milan, who are said to be preparing summer bids,

But reports in Germany have revealed that Liverpool are now ready to rival any offer from Italy for the 22-year-old.

It is understood that Dortmund will refuse to sell in January, but could be ready to do business in the summer for a figure of around £13m.

Liverpool set to move for Dortmund starlet | talkSPORT

Don't know about him either. Checking out some videos now.

Charles N'Zogbia 'interesting Liverpool' as cut-price alternative to Ashley Young | Metro.co.uk

Charles N'Zogbia 'interesting Liverpool' ahead of transfer window

Charles N'Zogbia has emerged as a transfer target for Liverpool, after Reds officials concluded they are likely to be priced out of the race to sign Ashley Young.

( 0 )

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is keen to add some creativity to his team in the form of a new winger and had been linked with a January move for Aston Villa's Young.

800299857_14001130-596x362-1292615238851_304x185_inline.jpg Charles N'Zogbia is a transfer target for Liverpool (PA)

However, with Spurs and Manchester United both said to be ready to bid for the England international, Villa are likely to demand a fee of around £20 million, putting him beyond Liverpool's reach.

According to the Times, the Reds have now turned their attention to N'Zogbia and are monitoring his situation at Wigan Athletic.

The France international has indicated he is keen to leave the DW Stadium, even though his proposed move to Birmingham City in August collapsed at the last minute.

It is believed the fee agreed for that deal was £9 million - a figure that would put N'Zogbia well within Liverpool's price range.

The pacy 24-year-old, who made 18 appearances in Europe during his spell with Newcastle United, would also come with the benefit of not being cup-tied for the Europa League.

Hodgson's desire to add a winger to his squad has also seen the Reds linked with January moves for Villarreal's Santi Cazorla and Spurs misfit David Bentley.

Read more: Charles N'Zogbia 'interesting Liverpool' as cut-price alternative to Ashley Young | Metro.co.uk

are man u, citeh or chelsea after N'Zogbia despite many years playing in this country.

Dude we cannot compete with their spending power. Scum have big revenues, Citeh and Chelsea have sugar daddies. Even Arsenal have better revenues than us. We cannot spend money that we don't have ya know.

Agree on the twat part but a big club may calm him down.

are man u, citeh or chelsea after N'Zogbia despite many years playing in this country. plus he's a bit of a twat. wouldn't go near him

People would have said the same about Valencia before he signed for the Mancs. The fact is the Mancs are unlikely to be looking at him because they have about 4 quality players who can play there, Chelsea have Malouda, and City have just spent a fortune on the likes of Milner, Johnson and Silva. If we have a shit ton of money to spend then we could likely go after someone better than N'Zogbia, but we will need two players for that position anyway so he is a legitimate target.

Liverpool set to move for Dortmund starlet | talkSPORT

Don't know about him either. Checking out some videos now.

Watched Dortmund a few times, and Sahin is a good central midfielder. Deep lying playmaker type who takes all their set pieces.

Mind you, Dortmund have a few players I wouldn't mind us signing. The Japanese lad Kagawa, the young German lad Gotze and Nevan Subotic are all very talented and are destined to play for bigger clubs in the not too distant future. I also like the look of Lucas Barrios up top for them, though he's a couple of years older than the others mentioned above.

I rate N'Zogbia and think £9m would represent good value for money. It would be nice to have a quality natural left footed player on the left flank.

Could he be the player though that Comolli revealed that Roy didn't want?

£9m for n'zogbia fucking hell the world has gone nuts. If inflations gone that high recently i expect to pay £50 for my next pick'n mix. He's Evberton level first team, ok squad player for us.

At present we need players who are currently much better than what we have, no fucking way does N'Zogbia meet that criteria.

Fuck average stop gaps, buy for the long term future. Build/create a team that can compete with the very best in 2/3 years time.

I'd rather give our younger players a sustained run than waste money like this in January

£9m for n'zogbia fucking hell the world has gone nuts. If inflations gone that high recently i expect to pay £50 for my next pick'n mix. He's Evberton level first team, ok squad player for us.

At present we need players who are currently much better than what we have, no fucking way does N'Zogbia meet that criteria.

Fuck average stop gaps, buy for the long term future. Build/create a team that can compete with the very best in 2/3 years time.

I'd rather give our younger players a sustained run than waste money like this in January

He absolutely does. If not how about a name or two?