You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle must be insane to turn down an offer like that, its almost half the value of what the club is worth.

Sums it up for me. it's crazy money.

I know the owners are prob just putting the money where their mouths are, but this is fucking crazy. It's what we didn't want when they took over. We're just as bad as Citeh and the Chavs if we start this crap. not happy.

Newcastle must be insane to turn down an offer like that, its almost half the value of what the club is worth.

LOL, and this is why Mike Ashley is a complete twat for turning the offer down.

From a business point of view, and this is Ashley's downfall, the offer was way, way too good to turn down.

I'd have sold Gerrard for £35m, nevermind Carroll.

Not if they maintain this stance due to not being able to sign a replacement in time mate. Without Carroll, and even though it looks unlikely looking at the table now, if they have a bad run of results, they could get pulled into the relegation scrap. This would be far more costly to them.

Not if they maintain this stance due to not being able to sign a replacement in time mate. Without Carroll, and even though it looks unlikely looking at the table now, if they have a bad run of results, they could get pulled into the relegation scrap. This would be far more costly to them.

You'd think that NGog on loan might have been beneficial to them in that case?

As I said before, someone always ends up losing out, one club ends up at the end of the line, selling a top player to help another club replace their top player, and it's highly unlikely that anyone in the Prem is going to part with a top striker at this point of the season, with things being so tight.

Tell you what, I know he's a cunt of the highest degree, but Lee Hughes at Notts County can still find the goal and would be a handy stop-gap for the Toon for a minimal outlay.

Jay Bothroyd? Marlon King? Big gambles, admittedly, but it's the only way the Toon are going to find someone quickly with the ability to score in the Premiership.

You'd think that NGog on loan might have been beneficial to them in that case?

As I said before, someone always ends up losing out, one club ends up at the end of the line, selling a top player to help another club replace their top player, and it's highly unlikely that anyone in the Prem is going to part with a top striker at this point of the season, with things being so tight.

Tell you what, I know he's a cunt of the highest degree, but Lee Hughes at Notts County can still find the goal and would be a handy stop-gap for the Toon for a minimal outlay.

Jay Bothroyd? Marlon King? Big gambles, admittedly, but it's the only way the Toon are going to find someone quickly with the ability to score in the Premiership.

Marlon King, Lee Hughes and Joey Barton all in the same side? They may as well sign Ian Huntley as physio.

Sums it up for me. it's crazy money.

I know the owners are prob just putting the money where their mouths are, but this is fucking crazy. It's what we didn't want when they took over. We're just as bad as Citeh and the Chavs if we start this crap. not happy.

Yeah, we better get used to it it seems. Thought we were reasonable about the Suarez deal leaving them to hang out to dry for a bit even if we doubled our bid we still got value for money to get him for that price. This is just silly though and will cost us more than just this transfer I fear.

Carrol is a beast of a player but when the mind has gone, it has gone there's no getting it back. It will catch up and punish you in the end. More like Collymore than Toshack.

from the official, but is this an lfc or nufc record?

Liverpool FC confirmed this afternoon that Newcastle United had accepted a Club record offer for the transfer of Andy Carroll.

The Club have been given permission by Newcastle to discuss personal terms with the player, who will now travel to Liverpool for a medical.

Author: Liverpool Football Club

from nufc.com

Record Transfer Fee Received:

Jonathan Woodgate 13.4 million pounds from Real Madrid, 20th August 2004.

Record Transfer Fee Paid:

Michael Owen 16 million pounds to Real Madrid, August 2005.