You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

from bbc transfer deadline section - also talking about konchesky and forest interest

Not perhaps the signing that will light up Anfield or have us wanting more during the rest of the day, but Liverpool will announce the signing of exciting 21-year-old Korean midfielder Koo Ja-Cheol from Jeju United on a 3.5 yr contract. The transfer fee is believed to be £2.4m rising up to £4m. Jeju might also get a friendly when Liverpool travel to Asia for their pre-season tour this summer or the next."

Unless UEFA give special dispensation, Konchecsky cannot play for a club other than ourselves or Fulham for the remainder of this season.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in England that rule is PL only.

As stupid a rule as it is, no player can play for 3 clubs in 1 season without special dispensation from the continents governing body, unless the player moves from 1 continental body to another, whose transfer windows are governed differently to the one the player is leaving, much like the Mascherano affair a couple of years back.

from bbc transfer deadline section - also talking about konchesky and forest interest

Not perhaps the signing that will light up Anfield or have us wanting more during the rest of the day, but Liverpool will announce the signing of exciting 21-year-old Korean midfielder Koo Ja-Cheol from Jeju United on a 3.5 yr contract. The transfer fee is believed to be £2.4m rising up to £4m. Jeju might also get a friendly when Liverpool travel to Asia for their pre-season tour this summer or the next."

Shame he's not called Koo Koo Ka-Chu. I had the perfect nickname lined up!

walrus2.jpg

I think in England that rule is PL only.

As stupid a rule as it is, no player can play for 3 clubs in 1 season without special dispensation from the continents governing body, unless the player moves from 1 continental body to another, whose transfer windows are governed differently to the one the player is leaving, much like the Mascherano affair a couple of years back.

Just been doing some more reading, and it would appear that a short term "emergency loan" is also an exception to the rule.

Just been doing some more reading, and it would appear that a short term "emergency loan" is also an exception to the rule.

If i remember correctly when this rule came into affect, the PL signed the agreement, not the football league. So the rule is PL only.

But if you have done your research, im sure you`re right. I would`nt trust my memory alone.

Good, that's his level. A player who should never, ever have been allowed to wear the red shirt, bought by a manager who should never have been given the opportunity to bring him here.

Correct and 4 million we will never see again, fuckin disgraceful buy.

Guest davelfc
Correct and 4 million we will never see again, fuckin disgraceful buy.

It's the players we included in the deal that annoys me.

Liverpool threw in two promising youngsters, Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic, to help clinch the £4million capture of Fulham left back Paul Konchesky.

I'd punch that prick hodgson in the face if I ever met him, cunt.

If i remember correctly when this rule came into affect, the PL signed the agreement, not the football league. So the rule is PL only.

But if you have done your research, im sure you`re right. I would`nt trust my memory alone.

Yep, you're right, the emergency loan system came to be in 2005 when the Premier League signed the agreement with UEFA.