You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This blows me away --- Why the fuck would the scout be watching Bremen's backline and picking Mertesacker over Naldo? Naldo is twice the defender, IMO.

He's just as tall, just as dominant in the air, faster, stronger, better on the ball, smashes a freekick like Roberto Carlos, etc.

It doesn't sound like he'd be able to get a work permit.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned by someone on RAWK saying that we had scouts checking out Connor Wickham.

He's a red apparently and Nando is his idol. Also played for all levels for England and only 17.

Would be a cracking piece of business.

[YOUTUBE]ooKVux9KIGI[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by 1892-LFCWasBorn

I don't know if this has already been mentioned by someone on RAWK saying that we had scouts checking out Connor Wickham.

He's a red apparently and Nando is his idol. Also played for all levels for England and only 17.

Would be a cracking piece of business.

[YOUTUBE]ooKVux9KIGI[/YOUTUBE]

i think Roy Keane will block any move for Wickham, Great player but can you honestly see Keane wanting to do any deals with us? He will be offered to united or nobody at all. I think he is a no, once Keane leaves he will be rather pricey (if hes not already) so i cant see this one happening.

He's better than Babel. Hence him playing ahead of him at the WC. He looks like a dangerous winger... and strong too. I'd love this to be true, but I am basing that mainly on the world cup.

I know what you're trying to say. However, we once did the same with a central midfielder from French club Sedan.

I know what you're trying to say. However, we once did the same with a central midfielder from French club Sedan.

I know, we also signed Diouf off the back of the world cup. Elia has been tested in a decent league though. Judging by youtube he's scored some good goals for HSV and it just shows that he's winger without the concerns I have over Griezmann and Marveaux in that I think he won't be bundled off the ball easily.