You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a year ago someone had said that we'd swap torres for adam and carroll they would have been safely locked away in an asylum but that nightmare scenario looks ever more likely

torres (around 45 million)

carroll(35 million) true value about 8-10 million (plus british tax plus last day of transfer deadline day tax plus we are fucking depserate as Torres is on his way tax)

adam (11 million) true value about 3-5 million (plus british tax plus last day of transfer deadline day tax plus Holloway has convinced the world he is the fat scottish version of xabi alonso tax)

the most shocking piece of transfer dealing i've seen in my life, comolli is making souness look like a football genius in the transfer market with these deals

this kind of focus on overpriced flavour of the day britihs players will set us back decade and firmly establish us as a midtable side

I am flabbergasted by who we are being linked with in the transfer market, much better value available elsewhere (i.e. outside England) and if true quality isn't available now then just wait instead of spunking it on average overrated players

If a year ago someone had said that we'd swap torres for adam and carroll they would have been safely locked away in an asylum but that nightmare scenario looks ever more likely

torres (around 45 million)

carroll(35 million)

adam (11 million)

the most shocking piece of transfer dealing i've seen in my life, comolli is making souness look like a football genius in the transfer market with these deals

this kind of focus on overpriced flavour of the day britihs players will set us back decade and firmly establish us as a midtable side

I am flabbergasted by who we are being linked with in the transfer market, much better value available elsewhere (i.e. outside England) and if true quality isn't available now then just wait instead of spunking it on average overrated players

We just spent £23m on Suarez. Not British. Didn't play in Britain. What are your thoughts on his value?

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Scenario unfolding is once Torres signs for Chelsea, Liverpool will close in on Carroll asking price. £35m will be gamble by Liverpool owners."

PLEASE not £35M for Carroll! PLEASE! It smacks of desperation when a deal is rushed through, especially on a recently injured player.

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Scenario unfolding is once Torres signs for Chelsea' date=' Liverpool will close in on Carroll asking price. £35m will be gamble by Liverpool owners."

PLEASE not £35M for Carroll! PLEASE! It [b']smacks[/b] of desperation when a deal is rushed through, especially on a recently injured player.

Operative word.

BBC Sport's chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Scenario unfolding is once Torres signs for Chelsea' date=' Liverpool will close in on Carroll asking price. £35m will be gamble by Liverpool owners."

PLEASE not £35M for Carroll! PLEASE! It smacks of desperation when a deal is rushed through, especially on a recently injured player.[/quote']

I wouldn't believe Phil McNumty on football matter. We'd be mad to pay more than £15M for Carroll -- desperate or not.

jamie mccarthy has done nothing to show he is worth 10m, I would say 5m at most and that would be for his potential, if it was a choice between adam and mccarthy I would take adam.

I like Adam from what I've seen, but McCarthy looks like he will become an outstanding player. McCarthy reminds me of a young Gerrard...if he's even 30% of him then he'd be a great signing and he has resale value because of his age.

PLEASE not £35M for Carroll! PLEASE! It smacks of desperation when a deal is rushed through' date=' especially on a recently injured player.[/quote']

Of course it is desperation, you know why?

Cos that cunt of a striker left it until three days before the end of the transfer window to let us know he was unhappy!

We have no choice but to pay the money, if I had of said Caroll for 25 million you would not have blinked, but we are desperate to get NEwcastle to part with their top player in January, within one day!

We just spent £23m on Suarez. Not British. Didn't play in Britain. What are your thoughts on his value?

I think he's a good player and even though the price is a little higher than I would have liked to pay it looks an absolute steal compared to the carroll 35 million price

as i said we look like doing the following deal

carroll plus adam for torres = the stupidest most unbelievable piece of transfer dealing in our history