You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

Lacina Traore is the type of player we need to be going for, he's got bags of potential. Whether we're after a striker to come in and immediately make a difference, then I would worry with Traore as he needs to be blended in and needs to play with good players(CFJ Cruj aren't premier league standard players)

He's a real target man, can head a ball very well, score exciting goals and is young with a fairly cheap price.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can see some movement between us and Juve happening cos they want Aquaman, Agger, Johnson and maybe a few more like Babel as well as us probably owning some Poulsen money, neither of us are likely flsuh with funds so can see some exchanges being done. Not sure if there's much there would should be after though, would send Poulsen back as well. Might be a defender or two perhaps a left back we could take?

Can see some movement between us and Juve happening cos they want Aquaman, Agger, Johnson and maybe a few more like Babel as well as us probably owning some Poulsen money, neither of us are likely flsuh with funds so can see some exchanges being done. Not sure if there's much there would should be after though, would send Poulsen back as well. Might be a defender or two perhaps a left back we could take?

I'd love to see us after Chiellini. Can play on the left or in the centre and is a threat from corners. We've already missed the boat on him though, he would have been available for similar money to what we paid for Dossena at the time. He'll go for crazy money in the next twelve months I reckon.

I reckon loan deals, for some of our younger lads struggling to make an impact, are a great idea...as long as those loans are to English clubs of a decent level.

I remember Houllier loaning LeTallec and Pongo back out to fucking St Etienne - what fucking use was that ? Were they gonna assimilate and acclimatise to the English game via fucking Eurosport ? Were they fuck, idiocy from the management.

As for loaning out big money players like Aquilani, or experienced 1st teamers like Insua, fuck that shit. We should tell these fucking cheap skate foreign teams to fuck off and die.

Does anybody really think we'll see a decent fee for either of those two fellas or have either return to us a more complete player ? And at times this season we could have done with both of them.

Every time we go in for a loan, in or out, we seem to get totally shafted - kicked right in the fucking Kendo's - we need to toughen up, take no shit and tell these foreign vultures to fuck right off.

Get your hand in your pocket Juve or we aint listening.

I reckon loan deals, for some of our younger lads struggling to make an impact, are a great idea...as long as those loans are to English clubs of a decent level.

I remember Houllier loaning LeTallec and Pongo back out to fucking St Etienne - what fucking use was that ? Were they gonna assimilate and acclimatise to the English game via fucking Eurosport ? Were they fuck, idiocy from the management.

As for loaning out big money players like Aquilani, or experienced 1st teamers like Insua, fuck that shit. We should tell these fucking cheap skate foreign teams to fuck off and die.

Does anybody really think we'll see a decent fee for either of those two fellas or have either return to us a more complete player ? And at times this season we could have done with both of them.

Every time we go in for a loan, in or out, we seem to get totally shafted - kicked right in the fucking Kendo's - we need to toughen up, take no shit and tell these foreign vultures to fuck right off.

Edit: It was f*****g Le Havre we bought Le Tallec and Pongolle from. I'm sensing a bit anger in your post or am I wrong? :whistle:

We are getting linked with some properly shit players so far. Just as well I don't actually believe any of it.

The cynic in me thinks that the hacks don't have a clue, so they're linking us with some dross to stir up some shit, forcing the top brass to start leaking some stories to pacify the fans.

Might be wishful thinking. Or paranoia.

It was actually Rafa who loaned Le Tallec to St Ettiene and he never loaned Pongolle back to France it was to Blackburn then Recreativo with a view to a sale

unless your on about them staying at Le Havre for a year or so but they hadnt officially joined us then

It was actually Rafa who loaned Le Tallec to St Ettiene and he never loaned Pongolle back to France it was to Blackburn then Recreativo with a view to a sale

unless your on about them staying at Le Havre for a year or so but they hadnt officially joined us then

You might be right, but the maxim remains true though mate.

You might be right, but the maxim remains true though mate.

I agree, might be reading more into this than there is but I think the large amount of Ferguson bumboys managing the lower and midtable premier league clubs damages us in terms of them loaning out our young prospects to them (only one I recall in last few seasons is Guthrie to Bolton and looked like Rafa had already decided he didnt want him) and I dont recall loaning out to the championship ever doing us much good

It does bother me when I see other top clubs loaning out their top prospects to Premier League clubs while our players are in the Championship or lower.

United have Tom Cleverly (who looks a real player) at Wigan

Arsenal had Jack Wilshire at Bolton last season

Chelsea have Michael Mancienne at Wolves

Tottenham had Jamie O'hara at Pompey

----

If Pacheco, Eccleston, Wilson, Shelvey ever go out on loan, it should be in the Premier League. Sure a loan to a top side outside the EPL wouldn't hurt them that much but I want to see these players getting EPL minutes so we can see if their at the necessary level to contribute on a consistent basis for us.

Michael Mancienne has been at Wolves for pretty much the last three seasons hasn't he?

Yeah I remember seeing rumors he might try to force a sale to Wolves by Chelsea but I think with their current CB problems and aging squad we'll see him in a blue shirt this time next season.

Hamburg ace and reported Liverpool target Eljero Elia has declared he wants to join one of Europe's elite.

The Dutch winger has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League this January with both Liverpool and Wigan keen.

The Latics attempted to get the 23-year-old on-loan, while Liverpool were thought to be looking at a potential permanent deal.

However, skysports.com understands that Hamburg are looking for €20million for the winger, which has immediately put off Liverpool and any other potential suitors, with a number of rivals Bundesliga clubs also keen.

"I have learned a lot in the Bundesliga. I am very grateful to the HSV," Elia told Bild.

"HSV is also a top team. But I would love to play for one of the special clubs such as Real Madrid , FC Barcelona or Manchester United.

Elia enjoyed a successful World Cup last summer and he feels that his displays in South Africa demonstrated his talents.

"I played with the Dutch national team at the World Cup and showed what level I can perform at, I passed that test," he continued.

Elia still has three-and-a-half years left on his current deal with Hamburg after they signed him from FC Twente in 2009.

But he is now seemingly keen to move on, but so far Hamburg insist only Wigan have made a bid for him.

"We cannot deny there is interest, but there is only one specific offer which came from Wigan to take him on loan for six months," said Hamburg's sporting director Bastian Reinhardt.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Sky Sports

Elia eyes elite - Liverpool FC

I was hoping players like Reina, Gerrard and Torres along with the clubs glowing history and current sound financial position might be enough to attract Elia to Liverpool Football Club.

But it seems he may be looking at the fact we're not in the Champions League now and most certainly not next season either.

I was hoping players like Reina, Gerrard and Torres along with the clubs glowing history and current sound financial position might be enough to attract Elia to Liverpool Football Club.

But it seems he may be looking at the fact we're not in the Champions League now and most certainly not next season either.

Nope he wants to win stuff not fight relegation.