You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shop lifter dilemma

Anny Road

Comedian Richard Blackwood's mother has accused a top London hotel of recruiting black members of staff for back-room roles only.

Juliette Giscombe was giving evidence at an employment tribunal in which she is claiming racial discrimination by the Hilton chain.

She is also claiming constructive dismissal from her job of 10 years as a telephonist at the Park Lane branch.

The 57-year-old said the conditions resulted in her being signed off sick.

Mrs Giscombe, from Streatham, told the hearing in London she was ignored for promotion and that black members of staff were deliberately not put in positions where they would be visible to the public.

She said: "My observation of my time there was that the respondents did not recruit black staff to the front-of-house positions where they would be visible to the public.

"During the period of time I was complaining, there were no senior black members of staff in front-of-house positions."

She acknowledged this had since changed, but said she had been signed off work for months with depression and ill health as a result of the working conditions.

Mrs Giscombe also claimed another member of staff had "used abusive language" towards her.

The tribunal continues.

Richard Blackwood is coming after you next.

• 8 years later...
On 11/8/2010 at 6:07 PM, Captain said:

I love the way Anny Road fucked everyone up with his avatar.

Is there no limit to this mans hardness ? Danny Dyer should interview him on channel 5 

“I went past 8 of them on the bus Danny I was liked a caged Lion rattling Danny I was rattling the cage The Devil in me was unleashed so I said ta mate to the driver and wiped them all out with one hit Bang. Job done. They won’t press the button at the lights again” 

• Upvote 2

Ooh, you shit stirring bastard. 

I believe it may have been a ‘joke’ lifted from Sickipedia. I started here as a young lad with the intention of trolling but then I saw the Steve Sinatra thread and shut up. 

Pretty sure there’s another thread from round about the same time with people calling for me to be banned over a Lily Allen miscarriage joke. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I believe it may have been a ‘joke’ lifted from Sickipedia. I started here as a young lad with the intention of trolling but then I saw the Steve Sinatra thread and shut up. 

Pretty sure there’s another thread from round about the same time with people calling for me to be banned over a Lily Allen miscarriage joke. 

B5E0A8AB-2092-4B49-90CE-35AEFBAB2B73.gif

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Its the littlest things. 

On 11/5/2010 at 9:04 PM, G Richards said:

You didn't see it yourself and you don't have cctv, but others told you the daughter stole from your shop.

Next time they are in I would have a word. Let her know what others have said. Let her know that you are in an awkward position, but having thought it through you will give her the benefit of the doubt. This will help her to know that she is being watched like a hawk, but it will also show you are a fair minded person.

She should be welcome in your shop unless you have cctv evidence or have seen them steal with your own eyes. But if you have the talk I don't think they will steal from you again.

See this is why the forum needs The Rev back. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I believe you are a bit racist.  

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I believe you are a bit racist.  

Do you know what? I used to laugh at some racist jokes when I was younger, before I eventually grew up and realised how much of a twat I was. I’m not proud of it but I’m not ashamed to admit it either. I was a product of my environment. I doubt I’m the only person on this forum that’s behaved like that in the past.

I know many, many people who are still stuck like that. Even some members of my own family make me cringe when I’m around them. My eighteen year old cousin told a racist joke in a pub in Speke last year and when I shook my head and tried to tell him that shit like that isn’t funny, it was me getting the funny looks from everyone else. 

Anyway, I’m pretty sure you repped whatever was in that post before it got deleted. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Do you know what? I used to laugh at some racist jokes when I was younger, before I eventually grew up and realised how much of a twat I was. I’m not proud of it but I’m not ashamed to admit it either. I was a product of my environment. I doubt I’m the only person on this forum that’s behaved like that in the past.

Is there something you're trying to tell us?

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I know many, many people who are still stuck like that. Even some members of my own family make me cringe when I’m around them. My eighteen year old cousin told a racist joke in a pub in Speke last year and when I shook my head and tried to tell him that shit like that isn’t funny, it was me getting the funny looks from everyone else. 

Anyway, I’m pretty sure you repped whatever was in that post before it got deleted. 

Are you Liam Neeson?  

Come on everyone knows redemption is impossible nowadays.  It is funny though don’t you think?  You accuse me of it and less than 24 fucking hours later you have to admit it.  Good job you are patrolling Speke and handing out disapproving shakes of the head. Keep up the good work and don’t relapse. 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you Liam Neeson?  

Come on everyone knows redemption is impossible nowadays.  It is funny though don’t you think?  You accuse me of it and less than 24 fucking hours later you have to admit it.  Good job you are patrolling Speke and handing out disapproving shakes of the head. Keep up the good work and don’t relapse. 

What is funny is that when I said someone was racist you immediately thought I was on about you and jumped on the defensive. I guess being well into your forties and still posting anti-Muslim shite online all the time brings with it a certain paranoia. Now fuck off and listen to one of your intellectual podcasts. 

• Upvote 1