You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea game thread

llego

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting us to get beaten. Gerrard can't do everything on his own. If by some miracle Torres comes to life, we learn to defend set pieces and Mereiles and Lucas turn into a dominant central midfield pairing overnight then we might have a chance. In the absence of that a draw would be a good result.

I can't see us winning this one I'm afraid, but as a fan you have to hope!

------------Reina-------------

Carra Krygiakos Skrtel Konchesky

Johnson Lucas Meireles Jovanovic

-----------Gerrard------------

-----------Torres------------

That's the team I would play, with some trepidation. The problem is, I can't switch things around and remove the trepidation. For example, Soto is slow. So do I leave him on the bench and be exposed aerially?

Carra isn't the paciest either. But we need his defensive nous as we will surely be under pressure for good parts of the match.

Konchesky is poor and will let crosses come over all day long from what I've seen so far. But who else is there? Is Aurelio fit? Has he played a game this year?

Jovanovic seems hungry, but perhaps lacking in quality. Maxi has more quality but doesn't seem as hungry, having no bite or pace.

Johnson is untried at right wing, but he does have some pace and can dribble. But Dirk is the big game player. But is he fit enough to come back for this one?

Nando is out of sorts, and while Stevie played really well in the week, he is usually bogged down helping out in midfield against Chelsea, and we don't usually see much of him going forward, so Nando will probably be isolated.

So, I'm not expecting much out of this one. But somehow you have to hope against hope that something might click, or else there's no point in watching.

Johnson Krygiakos Skrtel Konchesky

Maxi Lucas Meireles Kuyt

Against the big teams Johnson doesn't get forward as much and seems more solid. Zhirkov and Ramires will start if Essien does not make it. We have a great chance to get the better of the midfield battle if Lucas Raul and Gerrard play an attacking aggressive type of game.

Dreading this one. If we get a draw I'd be happy. All depends on how we approach it from the start.

I can see this lineup, if Kuyt is not fit then Maxi on the right with Jovo on the left. I'd also prefer if Johnson wasn't playing to be honest, he's been shit this year but might just raise his game against the chavs. 1-1

Johnson Carra Skrtel Konchesky

Kuyt Lucas Meireles Maxi

I say the best thing would be to give Chelsea something to worry about, rather than us worrying about them. I'm not especially confident about tomorrow but we are at home and we need to have a go. I know Soto is slow, but fuck it, get him up in their box for corners. Let them worry about him. Get Johnson on and let him bomb down that line. Give Maxi more responsibility and let him influence the game. Above all else, let's just have a fucking go.

Pepe

Johnson Carragher Soto Konchesky

Lucas Mereiles

Maxi Gerrard Babel

Torres

I know I have included Babel but why not chance him. Give him a go to attac them. It'd be great to see if his unpredictablity could pay off. I hope we go for it.

Early night isnt it? Could that mean he's starting or am i reading too much into this?

My guess is,

Reina.

Johnson. Carra. Soto. Konchesky.

Kuyt. Lucas. Raul M. jovanovic

Gerrard.

Torres.

He's not exactly the sort of lad you'd see in Heebies is he? He's probably in bed with a Horlicks and the latest Jacquline Wilson book after getting a long soak with candles and a lush bath bomb.

The massive leg.

------------------------------Reina---------------------------------

carra-------------Skrtel---------------Kyrgiakos------Konchesky

Maxi-------------Gerrard--------------Lucas------------Meireles

-------------------Torres---------------Kuyt---------------------

Johnson's supposedly playing right wing tomorrow

Where did you hear that mate?

You know what George, i would be chuffed if that was true. I have always wanted to see what he could do at right wing.

Dont know how everyone else feels about it but, i for one would like to see this. Nothing ventured nothing gained eh?