You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is the list of players signed byDamien Comolli believed to have cost Tottenham over £1m, starting with the most recent…

1. Vedran Corluka, Manchester City, £8.5m

2. Roman Pavlyuchenko, Spartak Moscow, £14m

3. Cesar Sanchez, Real Zaragoza, Undisclosed

4. David Bentley, Blackburn Rovers, £15m-17m

5. Heurelho Gomes, PSV Eindhoven, £9m

6. Giovani dos Santos, Barcelona, £4.7m

7. Luka Modric, Dinamo Zagreb, £15.8m

8. Gilberto, Hertha Berlin £1.9m

9. Alan Hutton, Glasgow Rangers, £8m

10. Jonathan Woodgate, Middlesbrough, £7.5m

11. Chris Gunter, Cardiff City, £2m

12. Kevin-Prince Boateng, Hertha Berlin, £5.2m

13. Danny Rose, Leeds United, Undisclosed

14. Younes Kaboul, Auxerre, £8.2m

15. Darren Bent, Charlton Athletic, £16.5m

16. Adel Taarabt, RC Lens, Undisclosed

17. Gareth Bale, Southampton, £5m – £10m

18. Ben Alnwick, Sunderland, Undisclosed

19. Ricardo Rocha, Benfica, £3,5m

20. Mido, AS Roma, £4m

21. Pascal Chimbonda, Wigan Athletic, £4m

22. Steed Malbranque, Fulham, £3.5m

23. Didier Zokora, St Etienne, £6.5m

24. Benoit Assou-Ekotto, RC Lens, £3.5m

25. Dimitar Berbatov, Bayer Leverkusen, £10.9m

26. Hossam Ghaly, Feyernoord, Undisclosed

27. Danny Murphy, Charlton, £2m

You really are an idiot at times.

Hodgson is still here, am I missing something?

Roy Hodgson added: "I am looking forward to working with Damien whom I have known for many years. We are engaged in an exciting project here and he will bring a lot to the table. We all want to see moves to strengthen the squad and support player development over the next few years. John Henry and I are totally united in delivering on that ambition."

Touche Me Idiota amigo

lets bump up this post when Hodgson goes

I don't think he'll be here in a few years but your saying that above about Deschamps like it's happening this week. I'd imagine he will last the season and his position will be reviewed then.

I think it'll be reviewed in January, Gav. I doubt if we're doing poorly they'd sacrifice a transfer window for a new manager with a chance to salvage something from the season.

I think it'll be reviewed in January, Gav. I doubt if we're doing poorly they'd sacrifice a transfer window for a new manager with a chance to salvage something from the season.

I was basing that on us doing well from now until January though. But if we are still in the bottom half of the table come January, I'd imagine it would be reviewed.

One thing I hope he does is set up a feeder club in the Championship or league 1, the reserve set up in England is a joke, squads are massive and theres 20 games or so to fit 30 or so players into, this is a must for a club of our size.

Our squad shouldnt be as big as it is now anyway.

I dont think a feeder club in England would work, one abroad might be a shout though.

I was basing that on us doing well from now until January though. But if we are still in the bottom half of the table come January, I'd imagine it would be reviewed.

I'd have it the be honest. In my opinion Roy should never have been hired but, it is right to see in January what happens.

Just feels like this is a step in the right direction. Let's just hope it all keeps moving onwards!

Just read somewhere that, he will have the main say on players now. So no more signings like poulsen or konchesky anytime soon.

Anyone confirm or deny this please?

He seems to have a pretty good record

Makes sense really.

If he is to be ultimately judged on the players he signs then he should sign the players he wants and get to work with a manager who will make a success of his signings which wasnt the case at Spurs. Firstly he and Jol couldnt work together and then Ramos wasnt up to the task.

Makes sense really.

If he is to be ultimately judged on the players he signs then he should sign the players he wants and get to work with a manager who will make a success of his signings which wasnt the case at Spurs. Firstly he and Jol couldnt work together and then Ramos wasnt up to the task.

Why not just hire a good manager who can do both?

I despise the thought of someone buying players for Liverpool and passing them down to the manager.

Below is the list of players signed byDamien Comolli believed to have cost Tottenham over £1m, starting with the most recent…

1. Vedran Corluka, Manchester City, £8.5m

2. Roman Pavlyuchenko, Spartak Moscow, £14m

3. Cesar Sanchez, Real Zaragoza, Undisclosed

4. David Bentley, Blackburn Rovers, £15m-17m

5. Heurelho Gomes, PSV Eindhoven, £9m

6. Giovani dos Santos, Barcelona, £4.7m

7. Luka Modric, Dinamo Zagreb, £15.8m

8. Gilberto, Hertha Berlin £1.9m

9. Alan Hutton, Glasgow Rangers, £8m

10. Jonathan Woodgate, Middlesbrough, £7.5m

11. Chris Gunter, Cardiff City, £2m

12. Kevin-Prince Boateng, Hertha Berlin, £5.2m

13. Danny Rose, Leeds United, Undisclosed

14. Younes Kaboul, Auxerre, £8.2m

15. Darren Bent, Charlton Athletic, £16.5m

16. Adel Taarabt, RC Lens, Undisclosed

17. Gareth Bale, Southampton, £5m – £10m

18. Ben Alnwick, Sunderland, Undisclosed

19. Ricardo Rocha, Benfica, £3,5m

20. Mido, AS Roma, £4m

21. Pascal Chimbonda, Wigan Athletic, £4m

22. Steed Malbranque, Fulham, £3.5m

23. Didier Zokora, St Etienne, £6.5m

24. Benoit Assou-Ekotto, RC Lens, £3.5m

25. Dimitar Berbatov, Bayer Leverkusen, £10.9m

26. Hossam Ghaly, Feyernoord, Undisclosed

27. Danny Murphy, Charlton, £2m

Having considered this list I think it is striking how poor many of the defensive acquisitions were. Clearly Comolli has an eye for an attacking player but the goalkeepers and defenders are generally unimpressive. Rafa and Houllier were both good at identifying quality defenders / holding players so ideally you would try to marry this kind of ability with Comolli's gifts. Interesting times ahead....

One thing I hope he does is set up a feeder club in the Championship or league 1, the reserve set up in England is a joke, squads are massive and theres 20 games or so to fit 30 or so players into, this is a must for a club of our size.

Why not just by Dundee... It'd cost 2m to do, and the team could be promoted as high as the scottish prem...

How does this chump keep getting jobs?

After being recommended to Spurs by Wenger his signings took Spurs into the relegation zone and now we're told he's some kind of saviour.

You wouldn't think Arsenal needed to stop us from rejoining the top 4 completely. We're doing a good job of it all on our own.

Sorry, but this coming from someone that said Poulsen would be success makes it a little difficult to take seriously.

Comoli is a respected scout and has signed a lot of good young players in his time. So i'll reserve judgement and give him a chance.

The other factor here is there is no point having a DOF spotting and buying young talent if the manager wont play them.

Hence why I am very happy today as I know Hodgosn wont be here for the start of next season.

You keep saying that over and over and over and over and over and over again. What are you basing it on? What exactly is it you know that I and probably many others don't?