You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happened before with the attempts at DoF roles' date=' is that the DoF were brought in over the heads of the current managers who then kicked up. They didn't generally get along with each other as it was seen to be taking away their power and ultimately led to insecurity. Redknapp refused to work in that environment.

The sensible thing to do is have a DoF and manager who are most compatible and working together rather than against each other. This may mean that the DoF actually chooses the manager, or at least has a say in choosing him, and is part of the interview process if there is to be one, so the incoming manager will know from the start what system and environment they're working under.

The more harmony in the system and ultimately the club, the better. We're in a position where we've got new owners, who will have looked at what's gone before them and look at what they know of thier own sport and see an opportunity for sweeping changes. An opportunity to start something new, but start it off on the correct footing and build from there.

That, for me, removes Hodgson from the equation, as he will not be part of a progressive building structure - him having 35 years experience and all, he'll hardly want to be told what to do. Not that the owners have any more faith in him than we do, to do it anyway. But the sooner the better the new team is in place, and so rather than starting next summer and having 2011-12 as their starting season, they can take the rest of this season to get their grounding in the league, if that is what a new foreign manager needs to do.

A new manager who will work well with and give proper chances to the emerging talent we already have, such as Pacheco, Amoo, Wilson, Shelvey and many more is also vital. This is not Hodgson's strong point, and has made no secret in the past, of his view towards young players.[/quote']

See you in court for copyright infringment and stealing my posts

I concur

New England Sports Ventures (NESV) and Liverpool FC are pleased to announce the appointment of Damien Comolli as Director of Football Strategy for Liverpool FC.

NESV Principal Owner John Henry said today: "Damien has a proven track-record of identifying exciting young footballing talent and we are delighted that he has agreed to join Liverpool. Working closely with Roy Hodgson and the coaching staff, I know he will make a valuable contribution to strengthening the Club and the squad as we move forward.

"Today's announcement is just the first step in creating a leadership group and structure designed to develop, enhance and implement our long-term philosophy of scouting, recruitment, player development and all of the other aspects necessary to build and sustain a club able to consistently compete at the highest level in European football.

"We intend to be bold and innovative. We will not rest until we have restored Liverpool Football Club to the greatness Liverpool fans expect."

Roy Hodgson added: "I am looking forward to working with Damien whom I have known for many years. We are engaged in an exciting project here and he will bring a lot to the table. We all want to see moves to strengthen the squad and support player development over the next few years. John Henry and I are totally united in delivering on that ambition."

Damien Comolli said:"I am delighted to be joining Liverpool and look forward to working with John and Roy. I think we all realise there is a big job ahead, but we all share the vision that John has for rebuilding the club and bringing back the success that the supporters deserve."

Now would be the easiest time to get rid of hodgson, no support from the fans and the perfect excuse to say that they are looking to take the club in a new direction and want to appoint their own people....come on Henry pension him off....like now.

We can all chill out now, its only a matter of time.

Surprised the press havent asked the question yet.

What now for Hodgson as he obviously wasnt in the loop on what was going on

As to who suggested Comolli to NESV I'm guessing it was most probably Billy Beane who is friendly with Comolli who has links with Henry, another suggestion could have come from within Arsenal as Henry has been keen to stress his admiration for their model and spent some time at the Emirates before the takeover and if he had this model in his head before the takeover then I'm sure a few questions to people there who respect Comolli his name would have cropped up.

It isn't working now and I'm aware we're not Sevilla but before the DOF we did have the BOOTROOM so it's not as foreign a concept as you make out.

Totally different. I doubt Ruben Bennet or Roy Evans bought a player and forced it on the manager at the time which often happens with a DOF.

Where does this leave Kenny, then?

Just someone they can roll out to open soccer schools and shops.

Sad and shameful.

I've been tweeting with Woo (get us) he's put me at ease ever so slightly.

As to who suggested Comolli to NESV I'm guessing it was most probably Billy Beane who is friendly with Comolli who has links with Henry, another suggestion could have come from within Arsenal as Henry has been keen to stress his admiration for their model and spent some time at the Emirates before the takeover and if he had this model in his head before the takeover then I'm sure a few questions to people there who respect Comolli his name would have cropped up.

How did Beane and Comolli become friends do you know? I suppose that would make sense as Beane is to Alderson as Comolli is to Wenger.

"Director of Football Strategy", that's a new one.

New England Sports Ventures (NESV) and Liverpool FC are pleased to announce the appointment of Damien Comolli as Director of Football Strategy for Liverpool FC.

NESV Principal Owner John Henry said today: "Damien has a proven track-record of identifying exciting young footballing talent and we are delighted that he has agreed to join Liverpool. Working closely with Roy Hodgson and the coaching staff, I know he will make a valuable contribution to strengthening the Club and the squad as we move forward.

"Today's announcement is just the first step in creating a leadership group and structure designed to develop, enhance and implement our long-term philosophy of scouting, recruitment, player development and all of the other aspects necessary to build and sustain a club able to consistently compete at the highest level in European football.

"We intend to be bold and innovative. We will not rest until we have restored Liverpool Football Club to the greatness Liverpool fans expect."

Roy Hodgson added: "I am looking forward to working with Damien whom I have known for many years. We are engaged in an exciting project here and he will bring a lot to the table. We all want to see moves to strengthen the squad and support player development over the next few years. John Henry and I are totally united in delivering on that ambition."

Damien Comolli said:"I am delighted to be joining Liverpool and look forward to working with John and Roy. I think we all realise there is a big job ahead, but we all share the vision that John has for rebuilding the club and bringing back the success that the supporters deserve."

Mmm

looks like someone is eating a lot of shit to save his job.

The statement from Henry is more interesting though, Looks like Hodgson will see the season out unless he steps out of line

Totally different. I doubt Ruben Bennet or Roy Evans bought a player and forced it on the manager at the time which often happens with a DOF.

The models that work aren't like that. Monchi says he sees his job as identifying players that suit the needs of the Manager. In the Bootroom it was a case of all men are equal but one man was more equal than the others, it was a situation built on respect and proved to be very succesful. It could be argued the DOF is just a variation on the theme.

Thats how I see it and why I feel Deschamps must be the red hot favourite to succeed Hodgson.

He is young and happy to work with a DOF

You really are an idiot at times.

Hodgson is still here, am I missing something?