You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John W Henry quashes transfer departures

Reacher

John Henry today quashed the idea that Liverpool would allow any top stars to leave in the January transfer window. Related Links Watch LFC Videos Visit Online Store Discuss this Story The NESV principal owner's comments follow a hands-off warning issued yesterday by Roy Hodgson with regards the future of Pepe Reina.

Henry said: "We have recently read stories about our intentions for the forthcoming January transfer window and have a sense of humour about this type of inevitable speculation. "As everyone knows we are new to English football, but not to sport, and we are studying all options. Opportunities and value will drive spending in January and in the future. "Our clear focus from day one of our ownership has been - and will be - to improve the club and focus on what it will take to put Liverpool FC consistently in a position to challenge for trophies. "We intend to build this club the right way.

"Stories about our top players leaving are destructive and unwarranted but we realise that this kind of speculation is also common. "We intend to build on the strength of the current squad, not undermine it. And I can reassure our supporters that we have no intention of allowing the team to be weakened going forward." All this comes on a day when Hodgson outlined his plans to improve the squad in January and insisted the club could still attract top stars from around the world.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/john-henry-on-transfers

Guest San Don

Got to love that John W henry. This is the type of stuff we should be putting out there. Ferguson can get to fuck if he's thinking of trying to unsettle Reina.

I like the cut of the man's jib.

I suppose Torres and Reina shouldn't need to say anything, but I'd feel better if they came out and laughed off the rumours themselves.

Thats the thing. Just because there are stories coming from some bullshit paper which are poor journalism doesnt mean everything is all rosey. Someone made the point its going to be September 2012 before these lads have any chance of CL football again.

Pepe, I think he would give us time. Hes got a lot of years left.

Nando only has another 4/5 years at a top level. So right now hes bound to be considering his options.

Edit: September 2012 assuming Roys here till January

I'm not going to fall into actually trusting an owner, but I find myself liking his sensible and proper comments. I'm more and more starting to believe we may have got ourselves a decent enough owner here.

He's got a touch of class that is refreshing right now for sure. Not surprising they are media professionals

Guest davelfc

I'm not impressed, he hasn't mentioned anywhere in that how many years experience he has and he didn't claim to be one of the most respected owners in Europe.

I must have missed Torres been sold so?

The issue was a bit more complex than that and I know you are not naive to believe everything that the previous regime spouted.

Out of the two owners we had, one who had defaulted and one had several sports business being dragged away from him. I tend to judge people by how they perform over a period of time and then the signs were not too promising.

So I can certainly see why people would not be lauding anyone from the previous regime when such things were said which was the original point.