You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Benitez not to blame for Liverpool FC's awful start

RedMyst

In this backdrop, Rafa has done very well IMO. I would go further and say, he would have won us the league at least once if he was backed the way other teams intending to win the league were backed

It's rather a pointless argument, but I had much less faith in Rafa ever cracking the league. There was something fundamnetally fragile in the mindset he instilled over the course of a season, meaning we always went through crippling periods of utter tosh that derailed us.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The best keeper in the league (top 5 in the world)

2. The best defensive midfielder in the world

3. The best all round midfielder in the world

4. The best striker in the world

5. Turned Carra into a world class cb (which will never happen under another manager). 6. And Holland, Brazilian, England and Argentinian regulars such as Kuyt, Johnson, Lucas and Maxi.

7. BTW, Skrtel and Agger are starting regulars in their national teams too and are considered top young CBs.

8. Piss poor team indeed, Rafa left us with.

1. Yes.

2. No fucking way (and anyway, one that was promised he could leave the club)

3. No fucking way

4. No fucking way

5. Who is in terminal decline now

6. All of who are limited in certain aspects that unbalance the team

7. Yes.

8. No, but it had a hollow core of players with limited creativity and gradually devolving passing abilities.

In this backdrop, Rafa has done very well IMO. I would go further and say, he would have won us the league at least once if he was backed the way other teams intending to win the league were backed

Man United managed to win the league 3 times during Rafa's tenure, despite spending less than Rafa. The Glazer's have not bank rolled them.

the liverpool way is full of people who think benitez was the problem not the solution, they say he is just " like another manager who lost his way " bollocks .... we ashould be grateful that the man sacrificed himself and his ambitions to steer the club through the most difficult phase of the club's history, without him and his leadership it's difficult to comprehend where we will be.... also those that say carra and gerrad sweted blood, so did rafa infact rafa got the club closer to his heart then the 2 local lads did, i have analyzed gerrad and carra's character over the years and 2 things come to ming selfish and self centered, and in carra's case a total fuckwit... rafa benitez is the saviour lets see who achieves what he has done under the most horrific pahse of the clubs history... i hope rafa never comes back we do not deserve him, but it will be "utopia" if he ever did... i am off to the san siro to see the milan derby in 2 weeks time, the only hero worth watching...

I suppose our teams were comparable to start with?

perfect example of our fan base... man utd had a stronger base before rafa even came to england they have been dominant since 1992 for fucks sake, also if you look at the stats the spending of man utd is skewed by the ronaldo transfer so take it out of the equation and your 2 pence holds no base for argument on spending, also whisky nose himself has said that the squad he built with ronaldo and rooney was his strongest ever, so again you are totally wrong... the only comaprison you should make with fergie is that whiskynose copied the rafa blueprint to go to 2 european cup finals, not to mention his pathetic act to copy rafa with his rooney press conference, reading out facts from a piece of A4 paper, and then trying to be cryptic " when you see a cow on 1 field and then another blah blah bla" it's not quiet the same as "white liquid in a bottle" so there you go...:

perfect example of our fan base... man utd had a stronger base before rafa even came to england they have been dominant since 1992 for fucks sake, also if you look at the stats the spending of man utd is skewed by the ronaldo transfer so take it out of the equation and your 2 pence holds no base for argument on spending, also whisky nose himself has said that the squad he built with ronaldo and rooney was his strongest ever, so again you are totally wrong... the only comaprison you should make with fergie is that whiskynose copied the rafa blueprint to go to 2 european cup finals, not to mention his pathetic act to copy rafa with his rooney press conference, reading out facts from a piece of A4 paper, and then trying to be cryptic " when you see a cow on 1 field and then another blah blah bla" it's not quiet the same as "white liquid in a bottle" so there you go...:

Good post. You deserve some rep, which i cant give you now unfortunately.

Be careful what you wish for I told most of my mates that wanted Rafa gone, as with the then current owners and debt there was no way we would get a good enough manager in....

Now we are stuck with Roy Hodgson, I can't wait for this nightmare to end....

sorry tommy it was a reply to hermes not you...

You're still new here Zac. When you have been here for a bit you will soon realise that Hermes is a pointless, cowardly, Thatcherite streak of piss who is ultimately best ignored. Eventually he always gets handed his arse handed to him and scuttles back under his stone again until he thinks everyone has forgotten what a cunt he made of himself last time he opened his jaundiced fucking gish.

You're still new here Zac. When you have been here for a bit you will soon realise that Hermes is a pointless, cowardly, Thatcherite streak of piss who is ultimately best ignored. Eventually he always gets handed his arse handed to him and scuttles back under his stone again until he thinks everyone has forgotten what a cunt he made of himself last time he opened his jaundiced fucking gish.

You haven't got time to be on here, you should still be scouring the internet trying to find your evidence of Rafa having been outspent.

Run along now, I'll still be waiting.

*winces*

...also those that say carra and gerrad sweted blood, so did rafa infact rafa got the club closer to his heart then the 2 local lads did, i have analyzed gerrad and carra's character over the years and 2 things come to ming selfish and self centered, and in carra's case a total fuckwit... rafa benitez is the saviour lets see who achieves what he has done under the most horrific pahse of the clubs history...

I dont even know where to begin with this section.

Your a beaut Zac, i'll give you that.

You haven't got time to be on here, you should still be scouring the internet trying to find your evidence of Rafa having been outspent.

Run along now, I'll still be waiting.

I made no comment on him being outspent or otherwise. The comments I made were about you being a gutless, cowardly, snivelling, selfish fucking shithouse cunt and an apology of a man.

As always Herpes, you have any problem with the contents of this message, you drop me a little private message and we can sort it from there. You fucking cunt fungus.

The evidence has been provided many, many times and you have scuttled off back under your stone many, many times. I can't be bothered as you are one tedious bastard, but I'm sure someone will hand you your arse again if needs be and show you up for exactly what you are.

I made no comment on him being outspent or otherwise. The comments I made were about you being a gutless, cowardly, snivelling, selfish fucking shithouse cunt and an apology of a man.

As always Herpes, you have any problem with the contents of this message, you drop me a little private message and we can sort it from there. You fucking cunt fungus.

The evidence has been provided many, many times and you have scuttled off back under your stone many, many times. I can't be bothered as you are one tedious bastard, but I'm sure someone will hand you your arse again if needs be and show you up for exactly what you are.

A "tedious bastard" that you persistently stalk. You have a serious problem.

Two seasons before he arrived, we finished above them.

I wonder if Utd spent any money on players between finishing behind us in 2001/02, and Rafa's arrival in 2004/05?

Oh yeah, they spent about £110m (around £60m net) on players including

Rio Ferdinand £27,550,000

Cristiano Ronaldo £12,200,000

Wayne Rooney £27,000,000