You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Benitez not to blame for Liverpool FC's awful start

RedMyst

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy made comments about goings on within the club from before he was there which Rafa hit back at (right or wrong he's got a big match on with his new team tonight)but at the same time whats it got to do with Roy what happenened before his time he's got no right making it public what went on that was for Kenny or Rafa to decide to do,its more of "washing our dirty laundry in public" something i was hoping we'd finished doing now c&a have gone Roy needs to spend more time coaching and less time speaking to the press (fuck,he knows he needs to)thats what Rafa was critisized for last season gettting involved in to much outside the club/team.Ithought Roy handled himself well at the start but no the more i see/hear from him the more i think shut up you stupid old man your making a joke out of yourself and the club.

Er, what?

He has every right to defend his legacy. Consider the amount of shite Hodgson slung, he should be the one being told to STFU and get on with your job by someone from our own club. It's sad that an ex-boss had to do it.

He does not HAVE to do anything.

We are not going to agree on this, but Rafa is a far superior manager and should just laugh it off, if he feels it is wrong.

He knows full well what he is doing. Yet, here he is, a day before a big match of HIS team and a few days before a big match of the club he professes to still love so much, and he does that.

Give me a break.

Does that make what Hodgson did any better? No, but at least Hodgson is commenting on goings-on at the club he (rightly or wrongly) manages.

Christ, one is in his 50s, the other in his 60s and they are carrying on as if they were both 5.

'He started it'

'No, he did'....

Pathetic.

From the same people who accused Purslow of appointing Hodgson because he "wouldn't rock the boat"?

They won't go anywhere near Rafa and the more toadies like Fanning try to whip up a storm the chance of it ever happening are zero.

Rafa should never have got the boot. He got us the good times back. Made the club number 1 seed in europe. He should have at least got 1 season under new owners.

Hodgson is a fucking shite as a manager. He won one away game last season. When torres needed sticking up for after fergie called him a cheat..It took him one week.

The guy as got top players at his disposal and he gets us into a relegation battle.

Come on inter ...

Rafa wasted a large amount of money on poor signings and sold players who probably shouldn't have been sold. We were going backwards under him and it was the right decision at the time to part ways.

The bad decision was bringing in an inferior manager as a replacement. Clearly the man who spent a combined £10+ million on Poulsen, Konchesky and Jones has no place criticising anyone for buying poor players.

And he wasn't defending his team when he recruited a gaggle of arselickers down to Melwood to stab certain players in the back.

As someone else has said "do tell"...

See things like this are far worse, in my opinion, than calling Roy Hodgson a turkey neck or such like (or even a cunt), and yet you're up in arms about "personal abuse".

If you make such accusations at least back them up with facts, and let people make up their own minds instead of using hyperbole to make your [potentially] weak point.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Goatboy is a bad whopper and ruining this thread. That is all.

Just wanted to keep everyone in the know about where the thread has been thus far, please stay tuned to find out if he will get owned or will continue to be a whopper who ruins the thread with his cancerous posts full of rancid tumours.

You know something's gone wrong with the resident lunatic is calling you a bad whopper.

No.

So why focus solely on Benitez then?

Roy got into this with his own comments about Rafa that started this shit. Rafa has the right to respond if you agree with it or not to Roy's needless uninformed slander. Particularly as he has no real way of knowing if what he was saying was correct cos it was 2nd hand knowledge although these issues were of no concern to Roy clearly as he was acting for his own selfish interests by chatting this shit so that it fits nicely in his media freinds accompanying articles.

Absolute crap.

On another forum there was reference to a "piss stained old cunt" and the mega thread on here is disgraceful.

Wind your neck kiddo.

I never said Roy wasn't getting abused, he is, and I've said as much on here, but it doesn't compare to what Benitez was getting accused of and getting called. Christ we had one idiot saying Benitez was trying to lose matches on purpose to get sacked and thus get his payoff. That on top of been called a cunt, and fat spanish cunt, and rubbing his fingers together and all the other crap was disgraceful and the level of abuse Hodgson is getting, while disgraceful, is nowhere near as bad as what the former manager got.

I too think Hodgson is mediocre and we can (thanks to NESV) do better, but there are ways of saying it and that thread - which isn't even as bad as something on the rattle for example - is disgraceful.

I wouldn't want to plough through the threads especially in Rafa's leaner times last season, but what's happening now is just horrible. NOBODY has ever brought that kind of shite on themselves, I don't care who they are. Maybe McKenzie.

Here's the thing. Once the genie is let out of the bottle, you can't put it back in.

I'd like to think that the majority of the match-going Liverpool support still try to adhere to "the old ways" (as misty eyed as that sounds). Part of which involves supporting the manager, supporting the team, and giving every new manager and player a fair shake of the stick.

But, there has been an increasing minority of, quite frankly, boo-boys who have disgraced themselves in the way they handled themselves over Benitez. And once that kind of shit was allowed to stand, you can't stop it resurfacing again and again. Now its a different bunch of people, and its all over a different manager - but the root cause is the same.

Allowing a small crowd of boo-boys to get away with what their bullshit.

Cancers like that should have been eradicated when they first took root.

Fast forward 10 years. Another new manager. He will get a shitload of abuse if he doesn't start off well. And the root cause will be 2007-2010.

You can't put the genie back into the bottle. And for that, you can blame the Antyna's et al of this world, along with some of the "senior" members of this forum.

Fanbases, and their reputations and codes of conduct, take generations to build. And only a couple of years to destroy.

PS: you don't think that Rafa got "10-times" the abuse that Roy has gotten? Rafa never lead a team into the relegation zone. He was getting abuse ON THIS FORUM by aforementioned cancerous boo-boys, when he was leading the team to 2ND PLACE. Can you, even for a minute, contemplate the amount of abuse Rafa would have received if he lead a team to 18th place?