You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Benitez not to blame for Liverpool FC's awful start

RedMyst

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of that is exaggerated though. His gross spend almost doubles his predecessor's, even taking inflation into account which was just clubs like Chelsea and City, United to an extent, throwing their weight around.

The whole priest thing has camouflaged that 'wank' :whistle: about 10m net spend, he's getting away with that I notice.

As for the 300m squad value, fat lot of good it did us last season and if anyone mentions Gerrard and Torres' troubles that only reinforces the point.

Rafa was hugely distracted by the end. Any pretence that wasn't go happen again won't stand up.

People accuse me and others of banging on - it's okay for them to keep the Rafa mythology machine at full speed, like - but don't you suspect there's anger in us too?

We had the best coach in Europe and now we don't, that's enough for anyone to wig out. What's worse though is the sheer weight of propaganda used to enforce the notion that Rafa, or more accurately his character, played no part in his eventual failure.

Even now he seems incapable of letting stuff float by, though the latest isn't inconsequential.

Press conference is done, dusted. Wallop Strokeface tonight and focus on training and coaching your team.

That it isn't for us still rankles.

Now this is a fair post.

Rafa has just pointed out what most of us know is true,Woy is prick for trying to shift the blame I dont remember rafa ever coming out and calling players flops when he came and blaiming GH he just got on with the job.

Rafa said every week his press confrences and worse and how rafa brought the pride back, again I have to agree we had a manager who was fighting with the fans and never once criticised them now we have an old fuck who seems to want to distance himself from us and comes out with snidey comments every week.

Woy looses it when anyone criticises his wonderful 35 year career but thinks its ok to attack a legend at the club hes working at when he s struggling to get us to mid table.

Rafa actually loves and cares about the fans and club unlike woy and he is not going to let his repuatation with them be destroyed by a weasel like woy.

Guest TesticleOReilly
People accuse me and others of banging on

That's 'cause you keep banging on. So you, JG, and all the other snidey-comment throwing antagonists ... shut the fuck up.

All the Rafapologists who sneak in with their snidey comments ... shut the fuck up.

There'll be some heads banged together, soon. And no pudding. Think on.

Not saying Roy Hodgson is making life easy for himself. But Rafa needs to start focusing on coaching and training his own team

It's not on. He's once more pandering to our own fans and putting the pressure on Hodgson, is snide is what it is, and it's damn right disgraceful behaviour but it doesn't surprise me. The man is relentless in blaming anyone and everyone for his own failings. I'm sure he came out with one or two lines saying he was left a poor side when Houllier left.

We're 5 points off 4th or something like that. We've got two big games, a win v Chelsea put us right up there again.

Total bollocks.

That's 'cause you keep banging on. So you, JG, and all the other snidey-comment throwing antagonists ... shut the fuck up.

All the Rafapologists who sneak in with their snidey comments ... shut the fuck up.

There'll be some heads banged together, soon. And no pudding. Think on.

Hear hear!

Here here?

:dunno:

Anyway, yer right.

101050.gif

Guest TesticleOReilly
Ant's lucky his dog is ace and doesn't know about the nonsense he spouts on the FF.

It does. That's why every photo the dog's face is like "Get the fuck off me, mongo"

I think calling a Liverpool manager a wanker or a prick or a cunt is terrible and out of order and it is unfortunately something both have suffered; but accusing someone of throwing games, taking bungs, trying to move on the locals and get in a totally foreign team, etc, is far far worse in my opinion.

At the end of the day, neither man should have to suffer the abuse they are getting from people who claim to love the club and understand what it is to be a Liverpool fan.

WTF? Can someone explain this?

Oh please do give me a break.

Just like last week, when he said 'I do not want to talk about Liverpool' only to proceed to talk about Liverpool for minutes on end, he has done the same again here.

He is well capable of stone-walling questions, as we all know. He chooses not to do so and I, for one, find that sad.

Seriously, why does he feel the NEED to constantly respond to a man who clearly is not his equal in managerial terms?

Defend Benitez, fine. But let us get away from this idea that he is somehow a VICTIM in all of this. He is far too clever not to know what he is doing with all this.

If I was the Inter president I would certainly be having a word with him: Rafa, you don't work there anymore. Let it fucking go.

Er, what?

He has every right to defend his legacy. Consider the amount of shite Hodgson slung, he should be the one being told to STFU and get on with your job by someone from our own club. It's sad that an ex-boss had to do it.