You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Benitez not to blame for Liverpool FC's awful start

RedMyst

But that doesn't hide the fact Rafael Benitez is manager of Inter Milan, and Roy Hodgson is manager of Liverpool and there is only one person we really aught to be supporting.

Wow Ant. That's a whole new level of hypocritical comment that I genuinely wasn’t expecting. How does it equate to your love in for Mourinho last season while wanting Rafa out?

I should say, that I didn’t mind people wanting Rafa out, as long as it was for the right reasons. The bullshit that was made up, and abuse that was directed at Benitez (which was 10 fold worse then anything Roy is getting) was what annoyed me. But I also don’t mind people wanting to support the current manager. I am still just about one of them despite how hard Hodgson is making it for me, not with the poor play on the pitch where I believe he deserves a bit of time to get the team playing as he wants; but with the shite he is talking all the time that is turning me off him. I understand what you are saying. I’d go as far as saying that I’d expect a comment like yours above to come from someone like me who genuinely actually believes that you should support the manager and not decide that a time has come when it’s ok to start personally abusing him. I do not expect, or accept, a comment like the above from some of the people who were saying such shite against the former manager last year.

Hate Benitez and Love Hodgson, but please don’t try some moral nonsense when you only intend to practise what you preach when it suits.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanning;

While opinion is deeply divided as to Benitez's responsibility for the state Liverpool now find themselves in, much of what the Inter Milan manager said last night will serve as a rallying call for those Liverpool fans loyal to Benitez and disenchanted with Hodgson.

A rallying call to what, exactly?

"Liverpool fans loyal to Benitez", eh? Again, to what purpose?

This is way beyond continuing to admire a former boss.

A Liverpool supporting journalist at an Inter Milan press conference.

If NESV are taking note of all this, it's more or less ensuring that Fanning and co's wet dream of a Rafa return is well and truly fucked. If they ask Purslow and Broughton for their input, it was a pipedream from start to finish.

Maybe Huang will still buy them out?

Fanning is a joke, whats he expecting, sure fuck it NSEV may as well be done with it and appoint that lot as the board, because unless they approve or as in the case of the new owners when they weren't given a heads up there gona do all they can to unsettle him and the players.

The whole thing is getting boring, regarding the Dalglish and training ground thing etc, there's only one man that can settle that, but I'd be very surprised if Hodgson was to say something that strong without there been no basis to it. And I didn't hear a denial by anybody

One more serious point - that Rafa's £300m sum isn't just mischevious (because it's patently untrue and inflated), it's downright unhelpful. Because I'm sure Messrs Hicks and Gillett will gladly use that as evidence in their damages claim about the club - ie it suggests that the squad value alone was worth more than the price which NESV bought the club for, and thus gives weight to their claim that the sale undervalued the club and 'swindled' them. So on sober reflection, i think that's really unhelpful and potentially very very damaging from Rafa; and it's time for him - as well as Roy - to shut up if he genuinely claims to have any respect for the fans or the club.

Thats a new one to beat Rafa with. His words may influence a court case that a) may never see the light of day and b) will be used by Tom Hicks the man who publicly slated him in a cringe-worthy interview on sky stating his purchases were dire.

Although they have shown competence at handling legal matters I doubt they will be asking those two for any advice on employing managers after their disastrous attempts at matters on the footballing side.

Q; hey fellas, thinking about bringing this Rarfa guy back. What's he like to deal with?

A; .........

Fanning is a joke, whats he expecting, sure fuck it NSEV may as well be done with it and appoint that lot as the board, because unless they approve or as in the case of the new owners when they weren't given a heads up there gona do all they can to unsettle him and the players.

The whole thing is getting boring, regarding the Dalglish and training ground thing etc, there's only one man that can settle that, but I'd be very surprised if Hodgson was to say something that strong without there been no basis to it. And I didn't hear a denial by anybody

I'm assuming Kenny is just happily watching Hodgson go down in flames from his own matches. Needs to say and do fuck all if he still wants the job and he probably does.

I'd be wary of where this all goes if NESV do appoint Pellegrini though.

Absolute crap.

On another forum there was reference to a "piss stained old cunt" and the mega thread on here is disgraceful.

Wind your neck kiddo.

I never said Roy wasn't getting abused, he is, and I've said as much on here, but it doesn't compare to what Benitez was getting accused of and getting called. Christ we had one idiot saying Benitez was trying to lose matches on purpose to get sacked and thus get his payoff. That on top of been called a cunt, and fat spanish cunt, and rubbing his fingers together and all the other crap was disgraceful and the level of abuse Hodgson is getting, while disgraceful, is nowhere near as bad as what the former manager got.

Thats a new one to beat Rafa with. His words may influence a court case that a) may never see the light of day and b) will be used by Tom Hicks the man who publicly slated him in a cringe-worthy interview on sky stating his purchases were dire.

Plus where is Hicks' other 700m coming from?

Wind your neck kiddo.

I never said Roy wasn't getting abused, he is, and I've said as much on here, but it doesn't compare to what Benitez was getting accused of and getting called. Christ we had one idiot saying Benitez was trying to lose matches on purpose to get sacked and thus get his payoff. That on top of been called a cunt, and fat spanish cunt, and rubbing his fingers together and all the other crap was disgraceful and the level of abuse Hodgson is getting, while disgraceful, is nowhere near as bad as what the former manager got.

Even worse.

Yes, because Hicks and Gillett have never, ever demonstrated themselves to be so desperate as to use whatever arguments or evidence they can, have they now? They will be crawling all over this.

Even worse.

If you are going to start attempting to converse with people on forums at least make an effort!

What are you trying to say is even worse? The abuse Hodgson is getting? You finally agree that Rafa got much worse (Can't see how that is even open to debate to be hnest, but anyway)? My reply (which would be a very odd comment from someone wishing to have a discussion)?

What is it?

Absolute crap.

On another forum there was reference to a "piss stained old cunt" and the mega thread on here is disgraceful.

It's true some of the abuse of Hodgson is out of order (as he was referred to as 'Woy' from day one I suppose he didn't have much chance).

There's only a couple of years between Hodgson and Dalglish anyway, aren't there? Does this mean Kenny will be piss-stained and old in a couple of years time?

As much as most of us seemingly want him gone and don't like some of the stuff he's come out with he's still our manager, and still a human being.

If you are going to start attemtping to converse with people on forums at least make an effort!

What are you trying to say is even worse? The abuse Hodgson is getting? You finally agree that Rafa got much worse (Can't see how that is even open to debate to be hnest, but anyway)? My reply (which would be a very odd comment from someone wishing to have a discussion)?

What is it?

Stop acting the tit.

Here's an idea; find a thread that's "ten times worse" than the mega thread and we can talk in a civilised manner.

Until then, stop making shit up as you go along, 'kiddo'.

Or maybe they could weigh the evidence up and think "gee the last manager the board sacked has gone to manage the champions of Europe"

Trouble with high maintenance people is that their rep goes before them, hence the short contract with Inter.

Manager with huge European tie ahead of him has spat with another manager, wins trophies with Valencia and leaves because ahem he wasn't being allowed to do his job properly!

Years and years of politics, foot-stamping and petty little feuds in England. Not one them his fault? Ever? Ooooooookay.

Stalled a promising season by 'focussing' on his 5 year contract and picking more fights (Mr Ferguson).

Got rid of Parry and did his best to get rid of Purslow, sniped at Broughton before he'd even got here, whilst his gruesome little toadies still agitate on his behalf after he's gone.

And all for what? Last 'achievement' 7th place, swift Champions League exit from a squad that was better than that and (yes) from a coach that was FAR better than that.

Yeah, stay by your phone Rafa lad.

It's too easy to blame the previous manager when the team YOU have been working with since pre season has played the type of football which can only be described as embarrassing all season. Maybe Roy forgets, he still has a lot of talent at his disposal, it is his job to get them playing with confidence and attacking intent. Stop whining Roy and get on with it because your not fooling anyone.

Yeah, maybe we'll leave it at that then.

You don't have to.

Justify the "ten times worse" quote and we can talk.

I too think Hodgson is mediocre and we can (thanks to NESV) do better, but there are ways of saying it and that thread - which isn't even as bad as something on the rattle for example - is disgraceful.

I wouldn't want to plough through the threads especially in Rafa's leaner times last season, but what's happening now is just horrible. NOBODY has ever brought that kind of shite on themselves, I don't care who they are. Maybe McKenzie.

And FYI I think it does include at least one reference to Roy trying to get himself sacked for his pay-off.

Sorry about the tit thing.

Not saying Roy Hodgson is making life easy for himself. But Rafa needs to start focusing on coaching and training his own team

It's not on. He's once more pandering to our own fans and putting the pressure on Hodgson, is snide is what it is, and it's damn right disgraceful behaviour but it doesn't surprise me. The man is relentless in blaming anyone and everyone for his own failings. I'm sure he came out with one or two lines saying he was left a poor side when Houllier left.

We're 5 points off 4th or something like that. We've got two big games, a win v Chelsea put us right up there again.

How the Fuck is Rafa being snidey?

He's fucking calling Hodgson out for his relentless snidey comments about the players and rafa's apparent (untruthful) ostracising of Kenny. All Rafa has done is respond to it. Suddenly Rafa's the sindey one?

You're always ready to twist things and have a go at Rafa! Why don't you write another blog on why we are so lucky to have Roy as our manager? we're all missing your insightful knowledge of the game.

Twats like you derserve Roy.

Rafael Benitez in bizarre attack on Liverpool successor Roy Hodgson - Premier League, Football - The Independent

Question, what is bizarre or cryptic about anything Rafa has said?

I've no problem with any of what Rafa has said. He's only responding to question anyway and if our own manager wasn't such a muppet in the first place we wouldn't have any of this.

I think a lot of what rankles with some on here is that Rafa gets "it" far more than our current manager. If it were Maureen for instance, a lot of the same people having a go now would be telling us all how much a a genius he is.