You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Benitez not to blame for Liverpool FC's awful start

RedMyst

the milk one was clear as day and obvious to anyone with half a brain what it meant...the sugar and priest thing I'm having to put some thought into. (is it just black and white as in the priest would stand out in his black robes on the mound of white sugar...lots of assumptions being made on the type of sugar and the sect here)

I have to disagree with you here fungus old boy, the milk one still doesn't make sense to me and the sugar and priest thing is clearly about the black on white thing.

No.

Yes!

argument-clinic-monty-python.jpg

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose

Shit gets interesting when Hodgson starts blaming Houllier.

Houllier will counter by claiming responsibilty for Hodgson's Swedish title in 1932.

Rafa only succeeds when someone leaves him a good squad. That means Houllier left a good squad, which means Hodgson can't blame Houllier, although he can and will blame Rafa. Rafa won't blame Houllier but he does blame Hodgson. It's a blame-off.

Guest PurpleNose
Rafa only succeeds when someone leaves him a good squad. That means Houllier left a good squad, which means Hodgson can't blame Houllier, although he can and will blame Rafa. Rafa won't blame Houllier but he does blame Hodgson. It's a blame-off.

If Rafa doesn't win the title he can, and should, blame Hodgson for leaving him Zanetti.

If Rafa doesn't win the title he can, and should, blame Hodgson for leaving him Zanetti.

Haha.

Houllier probably blames both of them, be interesting to hear his views on who's more at fault. In a private capacity, I don't want him joining in a three way blamathon.

And what other crazy phrases can we expect from Rafa in the next few weeks, I want a doughut if he comes out with any of the below

1. Leña al mono que es de goma = Wood to the monkey, it’s made of rubber

This Spanish phrase literally means to take a piece of wood and beat the crap out of a stuffed-animal monkey because it’s made out of rubber. It is an idiomatic expression used to cheer somebody on, to get them fired up. Very loosely translated it would be something along the lines of “Go for it! Crank it up! Kick some ass!” Unfortunately, there is no colorful equivalent in English.

2. Pongo un circo y me crecen los enanos = I start a circus and the dwarfs grow up [height-wise] on me.

This is the Spanish way of saying “When it rains, it pours.”

Just think about it…what’s the worst thing that could happen to you if you opened a circus?

3. Lo pasamos como enanos = We had fun like midgets

The Spanish seem to have a thing for midgets. (Exhibit A: Las Meninas by Velázquez). Well, little people are used once again, this time to illustrate having fun. Lo pasamos como enanos means “We had a smashing good time” or “We enjoyed ourselves immensely.”

4. Nunca digas ‘de esta agua no beberé’….y que ‘este cura no es mi padre.’ = Never say “Of this water, I will not drink” and that “this priest isn’t my biological father.”

An extremely wordy way of saying “Never say never” in Spanish.

5. pegársele las sábanas a alguien = The bedsheets stick to someone

A phrase that means “to oversleep” in Spanish. “Llegué tarde al trabajo porque se me pegaron las sábanas.”

6. ponerse las botas = to put on one’s boots

This idiomatic expression means to stuff oneself with food. For example, “Me pongo las botas en la cena del día de Acción de Gracias.” (I stuff myself with food on Thanksgiving. I eat ’til I burst on Thanksgiving.)

7. pensar en la inmortalidad del cangrejo = to think about the immortality of the crab

This expression has been around for many, many years and is a way to refer to daydreaming.

Crazy, crazy windmill attacking people

Guest PurpleNose
Haha.

Houllier probably blames both of them, be interesting to hear his views on who's more at fault. In a private capacity, I don't want him joining in a three way blamathon.

I'd like to see him get involved. Maybe Evans as well.

Sean Dundee gets the casting vote.

Taking on Rafa would be one of the worst things Hodgson could do at the moment. Not only will Benitez profoundly confuse him with forgotten axioms summoned from civilizations of the lost, he'll also be the manager with nothing on his resume who criticized his Champions League winning predecessor. He'll alienate at least half of the remaining 5% of fans who think he ought to have more time. It would be suicide.

His strength is coaching not buying he left us with a worst squad than he inherited. He's now taken over the best team in Europe and hasn't signed a single player himself in fact the entire team that played spurs were there before him,so he has nothing to worry about stick to concentrating on coaching his team and move on

I agree with that first part, but that he left us with a worse squad is a joke....

Apart from that what he said in the interview is mostly accurate; Roy is talking shit and he needs to concentrate on the team rather than try to shift the blame...

I am sure he is correct regarding Kenny too...

I'll let him and Purslow fight it out over the net spending claim, but it wasn't a hell of a lot compared to the other big teams..... Especially since we also tred to play catch-up as well....

Rafa you won this round, now I look forward to the next show with woy in the spotlights......