You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Benitez not to blame for Liverpool FC's awful start

RedMyst

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that classy of Rafa and I want Hodgson sacked imediately

What do you expect him to do though Nick? Just sit there and take all the accusations thrown at him?

He got more shit than any other manager while he was here from the LMA crowd, and he's still getting it after he's gone.

Plus Roy can only dream of winning what Rafa has won. He's got a good reason to argue back.

LONDON - "I saw that in the past, Inter have struggled to qualify in the group stage, but we do not live by comparisons. Absolutely, we want to win tomorrow." Rafa Benitez does not mince words and, during his meeting with reporters on the eve of Tottenham, Inter, Inter announced the goal of explaining that: "It is clear that an early qualification would be beneficial to work with even greater attention to the league and preparation for the World club. Currently, the whole is in a good position in the reference group, we know what we must do to win. I coach to be Champions? I'm not a coach for the Champions League, but Inter is a team of quality and this is the first in their group. As I always say, the merit of the players'.

Forgetting, or at least put aside, the success of Inter won 4-3 on the Spurs in the first leg played at the 'Meazza' on 20 October. From this it should be distributed as follows: "You can not make comparisons - says the Spaniard - we will try to control the game, but our opponents will want to do the same. Saturday, I watched the race for the Premier League who played against Manchester United and I realized they were mostly concentrated on the race tomorrow ... against us. Bale? It's a great player, but tomorrow will be an opponent. must speak of him coach of Tottenham, maybe I'll do it after the game. "

To stem the ideas of Welsh talent will be Milito, Pandev but also because it takes little to explain that "all who are here are able to play," while the speech may be more complex if you continue to talk about injuries. "It is clear that all teams have them there, we've seen this weekend. We are a team that works hard and works well: 40 percent of our accidents comes from the national circumstances of each player, 85 cent of accidents have occurred in players who have also had problems last season. The recovery times are reduced, this means that the technical staff and doctor are working fine. Injuries were also there last season and, with the same coach, has increased in its second season than the first. We do 80 percent of the work with the ball, so it's not a matter of preparation, I think rather the intensity of the schedule, including national. We have only one case difficult to understand, which is to Mariga who was injured in the national team and we are trying to better understand the nature of the problem. "

Benitez returns to England, the same England they stayed for six years at the helm of Liverpool: "I was fine, but I am happy in Milan, with the team and the company, even with the press, but obviously still missing always something if you've spent a long period of life in a suit. I still have a house in Liverpool, this is normal, but Inter Milan and I'm very well. "

And speaking of Liverpool, in spite of himself, Benitez can not help but respond to the statements of a few days ago released by the Reds' new coach, Roy Hodgson: "I did not want to answer, but I, I, with my staff and my players We restored pride and victory at Liverpool, I believe that Hodgson should concentrate on his work. I left a group ch was worth 300 million, with 13 national players. "

And the coach on a bad track record against the Spaniard at White Hart Lane Tottenham, Benitez concluded with conviction: "I will try to change tomorrow with the Inter ...".

Seems he is going to have a pop at Pizza the Hut tomorrow by the sound of that.

Also pointed out he brought Kenny back for a specific role and Purslow gave him another one.

Indeed he did. But then Purslow didn't see the point of paying Kenny just to be the tea boy.

Pretty classless from both grown men, frankly. They do seem to share a remarkable ability to always blame someone else for their own failings.

Mind you, I sure miss Rafa's cryptic press conferences: a masterclass, when done correctly (as he did for the early part of his Liverpool reign), in how to wind the media hacks up.

"I watched the race for the Premier League who played against Manchester United and I realized they were mostly concentrated on the race tomorrow ... against us. Bale? It's a great player, but tomorrow will be an opponent. must speak of him coach of Tottenham, maybe I'll do it after the game. "

And Roy's getting slaughtered for talking gibberish?

Hypocrites.

"I watched the race for the Premier League who played against Manchester United and I realized they were mostly concentrated on the race tomorrow ... against us. Bale? It's a great player, but tomorrow will be an opponent. must speak of him coach of Tottenham, maybe I'll do it after the game. "

And Roy's getting slaughtered for talking gibberish?

Hypocrites.

Hahahah oh my word. The sad thing is I genuinely think you cant see its a google, babelfish or whatever translation.

Guest PurpleNose
As they say in Madrid

' Whatever colour it is in reality , an envelope with money in is always brown'

"The man who cannot spell tactics is destined to sell cars"

Think it's quite easy to understand what he's saying.

What - the priest thing? Yep - I reckon it's a cultural reference from the conquest of the Dominican Republic or Cuba (or one of the other Spanish Caribbean islands), and the establishment of the Spanish sugar plantation economy, myself. Cleverly juxtaposing the fervent religious benediction with the whole mercantile enterprise.