You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

llego

I think a few on here are being a bit unfair tonight.

Anyone who's ever read a post of mine will know I'm not Roy's biggest fan. Do I think he's the long term answer? No. But he deserves some praise tonight.

Bolton's a hard place to go and win. Nobody goes there and scores a bag full. They're well organised, well drilled, and physically imposing. We played well in periods today and looked fairly solid. And whether the substitution was enforced or not, Roy made the decision to go all out for the win when a few weeks back he'd have most probably settled for a point. We stepped it up in the final 20 and I always had the feeling that a goal was coming.

Roy's took plenty of stick, 90% of it thoroughly deserved, so it's only fair that we give him some credit when things go well. We've won a couple of tricky fixtures on the bounce now, fixtures which many of us, myself included, didn't think we'd get a scrap out of. He deserves the plaudits for that, and I've definitely seen a difference in our set up over the past 2 or 3 games. We seem a lot more solid defensively, and we are also starting to play a little bit of football, all be it in patches. Another key thing is that these couple of wins will breed confidence, which is hugely important.

I'm not for one second claiming everything is rosy in the garden again. It's only 3 points, and we've still been dogshit in the main so far this season. But all this talk of people wanting us to get beat just so we may sack the manager is ridiculous. I want a successful Liverpool team, if Roy goes on to turn us around and brings us that success then brilliant. Do I think he will? No, but it shouldn't be an "anyone but Roy" attitude, I just want us to be a success again whoever the manager is. Maybe he may have learnt a few things these past few weeks, maybe he's realised that to be a success at Liverpool he will have to change the way he coaches. I don't know. If the owners believe that Roy isn't up to it, they'll make a change. What will be will be. All I know is that we've won a couple of games on the bounce and we've shot up the table a bit, so for at least a few days let's just enjoy it as we haven't had much to cheer about this season.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from the game and although it was a pretty shite performance I really couldn't care less at this moment in time. Fucking get in Maxi! Great scenes at the end.

By the way, does anyone know why that lad was arrested in the 2nd half? And does it seriously require around 20 policeman to arrest him!

Just home myself, great result, the scenes and singing at the end were quality, I was about 10 feet away from that lad getting nicked stupid carry on by police.

The Rafacult have had a bad week, exposed as liars friday for there bullshit media and blogging telling lies about our owners and players, divine leader kenny gets done for fraud and then we win away, the teeth must be gritted to the gums.

Maxi maxi rodrequez run down the wing for me................

for fucks sake have we really got to the stage where a 1-0 lucky win after a crap performance at Bolton is considered a great result

I'm usually positive and love to have confidence in the side but with Roy and his tactics i just can't be upbeat about us

There are some very respected posters on here who are allowing there wish to Hodgson sacked cloud there judgment about our performance today which was good and light years ahead of anything else away from home this season,

The post is spot-on, that was a great result today against difficult opponents. Bolton have ALWAYS been tough at their place because they are basically a team of cloggers who work their socks off.

The last two matches we have played have been a marked improvement on what has gone before, not hard, but still.

As for the bold bid, I'd go as far as to say it is way better than what we have played all of 2010 away from home. We have been DIRE on the road for a long, long time, so today was progress. 'Just' need to keep it up.

An understrength Blackburn side (missing their top tow CB's) at home and Bolton away...? These aren't supposed to be tricky fixtures. Just goes to show how low peoples expectations have become.

Indeed last season fourth was a requirement.

This year it's an achievement.

for fucks sake have we really got to the stage where a 1-0 lucky win after a crap performance at Bolton is considered a great result

I'm usually positive and love to have confidence in the side but with Roy and his tactics i just can't be upbeat about us

You have to look at things in perspective. In the position we have been in for the last few weeks this was a big win.

Wether you call it a great result or a lucky win is not important. A win again next week, and confidence comes flowing back, and anything can happen. Every team going through a tough spell needs that little bit of luck to snap out of it.

I am very pleased with todays win, and I could`nt see Roy doing anything wrong today. Off course there is a fine line between success and failure, and a 0-0 draw today and the knives would have been out for Roy. Now he has bought himself another week of peace, and he has to use it well.

I actually think Chelsea is a good team to face now, and just the right opponent to get Torres out of his bad spell. Fernando will score at least one next week.

You have to look at things in perspective. In the position we have been in for the last few weeks this was a big win.

Wether you call it a great result or a lucky win is not important. A win again next week, and confidence comes flowing back, and anything can happen. Every team going through a tough spell needs that little bit of luck to snap out of it.

I am very pleased with todays win, and I could`nt see Roy doing anything wrong today. Off course there is a fine line between success and failure, and a 0-0 draw today and the knives would have been out for Roy. Now he has bought himself another week of peace, and he has to use it well.

I actually think Chelsea is a good team to face now, and just the right opponent to get Torres out of his bad spell. Fernando will score at least one next week.

wish I could take postives but we're Liverpool, no matter what you say about our squad it should be top 6 minimum and getting up to twelve isnt anything to celebrate, Roy got us the win today so credit to him but the quality of play was still absolute shite and I think next week in the words of Alan Pardew we will be raped

An understrength Blackburn side (missing their top tow CB's) at home and Bolton away...? These aren't supposed to be tricky fixtures. Just goes to show how low peoples expectations have become.

Indeed last season fourth was a requirement.

This year it's an achievement.

Listen, I'm not defending us and I've been as critical of this sham start to a season as anyone. It depresses me greatly to think that 18months ago we where in the latter stages of the Champions League and swatting aside everyone in our path. I don't for one second believe that winning these two fixtures is a notable achievement. I am talking in the context of this god awful season. After Blackpool, and then the blueshite, I honestly believed he was down and out. From somewhere, we've managed to put a couple of wins together. I'm not planning on organising the open top bus down Scotty Rd, merely pointing out that there is finally some shred of positivity.

Considering Bolton gave United a run for their money, they can't be that bad.

Listen, I'm not defending us and I've been as critical of this sham start to a season as anyone. It depresses me greatly to think that 18months ago we where in the latter stages of the Champions League and swatting aside everyone in our path. I don't for one second believe that winning these two fixtures is a notable achievement. I am talking in the context of this god awful season. After Blackpool, and then the blueshite, I honestly believed he was down and out. From somewhere, we've managed to put a couple of wins together. I'm not planning on organising the open top bus down Scotty Rd, merely pointing out that there is finally some shred of positivity.

I agree in the sense of the team.

But not in the managers case. After the total lies he's been spouting about Kenny & Rafa he should be booted out of the club and given a lifetime ban from Anfield, Melwood & Kirkby.

Agreed, you can't go from abysmally shit to brilliant form in one game.

A few decent results with the hint of improving football can hopefully lead to a better period of form.

What we've been looking at the very least for a while is some positivity; we've got that today, so let's hope the team can build on it. Let's forget the Roy stuff for a while now, as the club is bigger than a 'who's the next manager going to be' debacle.

Any other season with a full-strength team (Alonso et al) , and this would be considered job done - no more, no less. Well today it's more, it's a glimmer of hope that's sorely needed.

Forget about what's acceptable. That's an abstract irrelevancy, and an unwelcome distraction. This is where we are. This is reality. Let's deal with what we've got: two wins on the trot. No need for over analysis at this stage.

Guest ShoePiss
Just home myself, great result, the scenes and singing at the end were quality, I was about 10 feet away from that lad getting nicked stupid carry on by police.

The Rafacult have had a bad week, exposed as liars friday for there bullshit media and blogging telling lies about our owners and players, divine leader kenny gets done for fraud and then we win away, the teeth must be gritted to the gums.

What are you talking about?

The Rafacult have had a bad week, exposed as liars friday for there bullshit media and blogging telling lies about our owners and players, divine leader kenny gets done for fraud and then we win away, the teeth must be gritted to the gums.Maxi maxi rodrequez run down the wing for me................

Does anybody have any idea what this means?

But is it possible to remain abysmally poor to uninspiringly average for 17 games and still think things are going to get better?

thing is being abysmally shit in the first place is unacceptable and a slight improvement isn't going to change that

Well it has got a little bit better the last couple of games, and hopefully it will continue to get better.

We've been awful, but if we are going to get better it's going to be gradually.

None of that has any bearing on whether this season has been good enough so far - it hasn't - or if Roy will be good enough in the long run - he won't.

Still at least it's a little better.

No idea what you're on about here, but seeing as I wanted Rafa to stay and that lying is something that hasn't gone unnoticed this weekend I'll point you to this made up nonsense from Hodgson.

"You cannot find a better person for that than Kenny. I told him I was disappointed he went for the manager's job because for me he should be working for Liverpool on a permanent basis, long after I leave for years to come assisting all future Liverpool managers. When it was mooted the club wanted me for the job I made it clear to Kenny I wantedhim on board and it wouldn't be like it was with Benitez where you are here in name but never allowed to set foot into Melwood and we don't want anything to do with you."

That quote is a lie from start to finish.

That quote is far worse than anything Rafa ever came out with.

That quote lies about Kenny & Rafa.

That quote is utter hypocrisy as Paul Dalglish has not only confirmed that Rafa and Kenny are still friends but that Kenny doesn't go to Melwood even under Hodgson.

So basically as bad as you think Rafa has been he has never stooped to the depths Hodgson has this weekend.

If you want to belittle the previous manager and his supporters go right ahead just remember that the man who replaced him hasn't shown one single iota of the class or ability of his predecessor.

So while it's been a bad weekend the "Rafacult" as you allege. It's been even worse for Hodgson's little band as their manager has been exposed as a deceitful, hypocritical lying piece of shit.

Edited by Dicko