You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

llego

It was hardly that much of an attacking change, Gerrard moved back into midfield. A shame it had to be forced on him rather than him actually showing some productive management but its a start I suppose.

I would call it an attacking change myself like putting another striker on. Doesn't matter if it was forced on him or not. The easy option would have been to move Jovanovic there like I said but he didn't.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would call it an attacking change myself like putting another striker on. Doesn't matter if it was forced on him or not. The easy option would have been to move Jovanovic there like I said but he didn't.

If Gerrard stayed where he was and Ngog was added to it, thats attacking, not moving Gerrard back to accomodate another player.

Its weird that last season you saw the manager as evil yet hail everything the manager who has us in 12th place does. Strange times!

If Gerrard stayed where he was and Ngog was added to it, thats attacking, not moving Gerrard back to accomodate another player.

Its weird that last season you saw the manager as evil yet hail everything the manager who has us in 12th place does. Strange times!

HGGOI.

I haven't mentioned him, he isn't relevant to this thread and this game.

HGGOI.

I haven't mentioned him, he isn't relevant to this thread and this game.

Hahaha you had a fucking dig at him in your post!!

The irony of you saying he's gone get over it, is truly truly incredible.

By the way, would you like me to dig up my posts from May saying I desperately wanted Benitez out?

I'm just fascinated by the change in you, 7th was a disgrace, 12th is now an amazing achievement.

Hahaha you had a fucking dig at him in your post!!

The irony of you saying he's gone get over it, is truly truly incredible.

By the way, would you like me to dig up my posts from May saying I desperately wanted Benitez out?

I'm just fascinated by the change in you, 7th was a disgrace, 12th is now an amazing achievement.

Where did I mention him in my post you dullard?

I said I can't remember the last time a manager for us away from home brought a striker on at 0-0, most managers would have gone like for like. If you see that as having a pop at Benitez you are disturbed. We were the better team today, deserved the win and I know it KILLS you to say that.

Where have I said 12th is an amazing achievement as well? This is too easy.

When was the last time a manager here at 0-0 in an away game brought a midfielder off for a striker? It would have been easy for Roy to bring Jovanovic on for Cole and do a like for like change but his intent with that attacking change paid off and good on him.

We and Roy deserved that today. He has gotten a lot of stick for decisions so far, some deserved, some not so it would be nice if people gave him credit for the changes he gets right like that one today. N'Gogs willingness to run the channels allowed a tiring Torres to stay more centrally and boy did it pay off for the winning goal.

Last season, brought Babel on for Aquilani away at Villa.

Won 1-0 there too with a late goal.

Where did I mention him in my post you dullard?

I said I can't remember the last time a manager for us away from home brought a striker on at 0-0, most managers would have gone like for like. If you see that as having a pop at Benitez you are disturbed. We were the better team today, deserved the win and I know it KILLS you to say that.

Where have I said 12th is an amazing achievement as well? This is too easy.

Hahaha so who was it a dig at, Houllier? Evans? Souness? He basically did go like for like, Ngog went about 5 yards further forward and Gerrard went back. It was hardly that much of an attacking change, he just swapped a few people around. Mourinho brought on Benzema for a centre back last night, thats an attacking change.

I just assumed you thought it was a great achievement, since we're greeted with you every weekend telling us how great Hodgson is and how bad the last manager was.

I desperately wanted Rafa gone. I desperately didnt want Roy. Its about Liverpool for me, its not about Benitez v Hodgson, a real shame you feel it is. You should take your own advice and get over it.

Carragher disagrees with us deserving the win by the way.

Nice one, that was all I asked as I really couldn't remember. Nice to see at least some posters can answer a question with a civil manner.

Think it's quite promising he noticed what was wrong and changed the system, he could've played it safe and stuck another winger on just to kept it safe but he went for it and it paid off.

I'm still wondering whether he would've made that sub if Cole hadn't been injured though.

Hahaha so who was it a dig at, Houllier? Evans? Souness? He basically did go like for like, Ngog went about 5 yards further forward and Gerrard went back. It was hardly that much of an attacking change, he just swapped a few people around. Mourinho brought on Benzema for a centre back last night, thats an attacking change.

I just assumed you thought it was a great achievement, since we're greeted with you every weekend telling us how great Hodgson is and how bad the last manager was.

I desperately wanted Rafa gone. I desperately didnt want Roy. Its about Liverpool for me, its not about Benitez v Hodgson, a real shame you feel it is. You should take your own advice and get over it.

Carragher disagrees with us deserving the win by the way.

For fucks sake it wasn't a dig at anyone. It was a genuine question that Il Fenomeno answered. In the right manner. Someone asked me the question earlier on so I put it on here.

I have regularly stated on here that Hodgson hasn't covered himself in any kind of glory and deserves criticism for the performance so far. Same way as he deserve credit for victories like today. Never once stated him to be great although I was well prepared to give him a chance as a new manager and get behind him. Shame you are obviously too bitter to do that. You want to be proved right about him, whatever it takes.

I have respect for the posters on here who whilst they may want Roy out, they are open to being proved wrong as well. Some like yourself have gone too far the other way. If we won something this year what would you be saying then?

For fucks sake it wasn't a dig at anyone. It was a genuine question that Il Fenomeno answered. In the right manner. Someone asked me the question earlier on so I put it on here.

I have regularly stated on here that Hodgson hasn't covered himself in any kind of glory and deserves criticism for the performance so far. Same way as he deserve credit for victories like today. Never once stated him to be great although I was well prepared to give him a chance as a new manager and get behind him. Shame you are obviously too bitter to do that. You want to be proved right about him, whatever it takes.

I have respect for the posters on here who whilst they may want Roy out, they are open to being proved wrong as well. Some like yourself have gone too far the other way. If we won something this year what would you be saying then?

Ill be honest, it looked like a dig to me.

Think it's quite promising he noticed what was wrong and changed the system, he could've played it safe and stuck another winger on just to kept it safe but he went for it and it paid off.

I'm still wondering whether he would've made that sub if Cole hadn't been injured though.

Probably not mate but I wouldn't have hauled him over the coals for it either. We were in control of the game and they only really looked like scoring off set-pieces and didn't look like scoring in open play.

We, whilst not creating too many clear cut chances definitely played the better football.

You think I want to not rate the manager? You think I want to lose games so im proven right on an internet forum? Grow up!!

If we won something this year I'd be absolutely delighted and credit the manager. Just the same as I rip him for all these dismal performances. Seeing as he's never won a trophy outside of Scandinavia, and has us out of the League Cup at home to one of the worst professional teams in the country I wont hold my breath though!

Guest PurpleNose
I agree, I thought a draw would be perfectly fair. Two shit teams.

I think in fairness Bolton are usually a bit better than that. The lad Lee had a quiet game. Been quite impressive in the games I've seen him play before today.

Both of their strikers did also. Thanks to our centrebacks playing well, especially the Greek.

They missed the pace of Petrov, who would have been more direct on the flank than Taylor was.

As you say, draw would have been a fair reflection. Nice to get a result when you're not playing well though. Mark of Cham...best not.

Ill be honest, it looked like a dig to me.

I could have been having a dig at Rafa, Houllier, Evans, Souness, Dalglish then because I genuinely just wanted to know. It hardly ever happens with sides anymore especially away when the result is finely poised at 0-0.

He did it last week in a winning postion at home v Blackburn but with ours and Roys shocking away records respectively it was good to see.

The whole arguement seems a bit pointless considering Jovanovic is a forward anyway. Personally I thought by taking Raul out of midfield we ended up looking much more stretched and for the second game in a row a sub very nearly let the opposition in. It didn't, which is obviously important, but the change in momentum was worrying.

Still, all in all I think Roy did well and doesn't seeme to have acted the tit in the post-match either.

I could have been having a dig at Rafa, Houllier, Evans, Souness, Dalglish then because I genuinely just wanted to know. It hardly ever happens with sides anymore especially away when the result is finely poised at 0-0.

He did it last week in a winning postion at home v Blackburn but with ours and Roys shocking away records respectively it was good to see.

As someone else said, Mourihno taking off a centre half for a striker is an attacking sub, a 2nd striker for a forward is hardly throwing caution to the wind, especially when it was possibly forced with a Cole injury.

Im not being funny but it just didnt seem like a genuine question, it also seems like your constantly trying to big up Hodgeson no matter what happens and anyone who didnt/doesnt want him here is bitter. People were saying give him time but at what cost? Id imagine Chelsea will twat us next week and we will be back floating around the bottom.

As I said earlier Ill start giving him credit (and I really will) as soon as he shows me something other then the utter garbage so far, and that means a massive improvement in the comments, results and perfomances.

There are some very respected posters on here who are allowing there wish to Hodgson sacked cloud there judgment about our performance today which was good and light years ahead of anything else away from home this season,

Which is not saying that much given how absolutely abysmal that away (and home) form has been. I won't say we've been consistently fantastic away from home in recent years but that's always been balanced against some fantastic home and CL games, at the moment that balance does not exist. Today was acceptable (much like last week when you consider how poor the opposition were).

I said this last week that we've been slipping down the cliff in an unbelievable manner but I would say the last two games have done nothing more than find us on a ledge for a while. I'm glad we won, I always am, and have climbed the table but I'm yet to be convinced that we have turned any major corners, the next two home games are now proper tests of whether anything substantial has improved. We used to expect a realistic chance of beating Chelsea at home and away with a similiar squad so that's our measure.

I really can't seeing the relationship between the fans and the manager ever becoming a love affair and I remain convinced that we need someone really special to take a club which is financially behind at least 4 others over their heads, I can't honestly say Roy is that man, the purchases of Poulsen and Konchesky are the best evidence of that, regardless of the football played. If we are content to settle for competing in the Europa league at best, he's your man.