You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

llego

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been happy with hodgson at all but I thought we played really well at times today. We also panicked a bit now and again for no reason as we are a better team than Bolton but that's our fragile confidence.

I don't understand the posts saying we were shite as we dug in, never stopped tying and put together some nice moves. It's not an easy place to win and we should keep some perspective.

A very difficult place to win, and we got 3 points out of it. There's been a definite improvement in the approach to the game in the last 2 fixtures.

Sure, it isn't pretty at the moment, but at least during the last two game there's been an intent to actually go and win the game. It's been a dramatic shift in terms of that approach, and I can't help feel it's come from above Hodgsons head.

We didn't play well today. We did okay. Bolton should have maybe been one or two up, missed a few decent chances.

We were horribly direct for the majority of the game and really only started to play well when N'Gog came on and started playing in between the midfield and defence, showing for the ball and giving Torres someone to link with. I'd consider playing both Torres and N'Gog together for a few games, give them a chance to forge a strike partnership.

Good win, but an average performance.

I thought it was a tiny bit better than previous away performances & there were the odd little passages of passing where it looked like a bit of confidence was coming back.

We still need to be more aggressive without the ball & show a bit more haste when in possession

Surprised at the Skrtel-hating , I thought he was very unlucky with some of the decisions that went against him & I thought he stood up to the barrage of long balls pretty well.

Didn't think Konchesky was particularly good but saying he is the worst player we've had for 10 years is way OTT.

Really pleased to see Carra race 20 yards to congratulate Ngog for a good piece of play earning us a corner near the end. (I thought Ngog used his body very well when he came on, retaining the ball well & getting a few free-kicks).

much better performance with some good football at times, the last two weekends have been encouraging, now lets get another two wins this week and make november a good month.

all this talk of torres being off game or looking disinterested, it seems clear to me that he is still struggling for full fitness and until he gets that he wont get that sharpness back that he needs to function at the top. has there been any news on why he´s been so sluggish because they surely must be looking into it.

saying that even a struggling torres can still pick up points for us and hopefully maxi can build on the last few performances.

i get the feeling some fans would have been happier to see us lose the last two games just to squeeze out the gaffer and i find that a bit sad really.

he should be afforded the same patience that all our managers have been.

That was a 6/10 job today, that was for the character and the win. The football on display was minimal but the win was the only thing that mattered. Those 3 points move us up the table and no matter which side of the divide you are on seeing us out of the bottom 3 was the only thing that was important.

Overall, the match was shocking, some of the individual performances were shocking and by anybodies standards it wasn't good enough. But, job done and we move on to Napoli.

I still think that will be the default football served up under this manager and I want rid, but if we are going to take the piss and groan when we lose, we smile when we win.

Ultimately he will be sacked, whether it's tomorrow, next week, next month or next year, the only thing that matters is the points on the board in the very short term.

much better performance with some good football at times' date=' the last two weekends have been encouraging, now lets get another two wins this week and make november a good month.

all this talk of torres being off game or looking disinterested, it seems clear to me that he is still struggling for full fitness and until he gets that he wont get that sharpness back that he needs to function at the top. has there been any news on why he´s been so sluggish because they surely must be looking into it.

saying that even a struggling torres can still pick up points for us and hopefully maxi can build on the last few performances.

i get the feeling some fans would have been happier to see us lose the last two games just to squeeze out the gaffer and i find that a bit sad really.

he should be afforded the same patience that all our managers have been.[/quote']

He deserves no time ,he is not a liverpool manager and never will be ,we need someone young and dynamic who could take us in to a new era with nesv.Fucking hope to god he is not spending the cash in jan

You are probably smart enough to realize what was said and what it meant. It is proof of how far we have fallen over the last 18 months that todays performance can be painted as positive.

Speaking as somebody who would have kept Benitez, that's a moot point. We were in the relegation zone this morning and now we're twelfth thanks to a win in a tough place to go and get anything.

We ground out results with some horrible performances in the 1970s and '80s too when we had to. I doubt today convinced any of us of the merits of keeping Roy Hodgson as manger, but at the same time the negativity goes completely over my head.

PB, is that because you genuinely feel we could be relegated?

Favouring short term (for now) over mid/long term I mean.

Same here - I do not honestly feel threatened by relegation - I do see an 8th or 9th place with us playing this crap and Roy holding on by his fingernails as the worst possible thing for the club going forward.