You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More twitter rumours

WaltonRed

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does it say jefferies said the bid was fake ?

nowhere.

It says the sale wasnt a done deal and at the time it wasnt, he also says hicks will litigate and he did..

Well, it certainly wasn't spin, was it? The club was basically sold, and they had a binding agreement with NESV. They just had to prove they had the right to do it. And they did. Tom Hicks is still disagreeing, mind. Not that it had any effect on the sale, in the end.

Anyone who believes Broughton & Purslow's claims that the club's been sold to NESV is being very naive. It's all SPIN & Hicks WILL litigate!

about 10 hours ago via web

Is this what the fuss is about? He's spot on with what he said there. The initial claims of a sale were spin, designed to create a momentum and an air of inevitability among the fanbase and the press that G&H had lost the club. The fact that we actually sold the club the following friday confirms that, no? I'd imagine that tweet was in response to fans who, upon seeing the first LFC website statement, thought it was a done deal. It wasn't, as Jeffries pointed out - Hicks did litigate.

If Jeffries has also claimed that the whole NESV coming in for us was spin put out by Broughton/Purslow in some grand conspiracy with G&H for some reason, then that's another thing, but he dosen't claim that here, and I'm sure someone would've posted his comments on an LFC forum even if he had deleted them.

Well I dont know the fella so I couldnt comment, he doesnt have a bad job though.

What is it you do for a living may I ask ?

Im just starting out in the film industry, so Im insanely jealous of Mr Jefferies and his fabulous success.

Guest ShoePiss

This jealousy angle stinks of duncan oldham too, Jefferies thinks people are jealous of him? I've been very clear on where my distaste for him comes from.

As for the twitter comments, I remember it being posted and I remember my response was that he was correct, the deal hadn't been done at the time. He was trying to show that he was more in the know though, something which he does a lot. He has a large, fragile ego which is why he had to get someone to post his email on here.

You're a lovely fella Mike and the biggest red ever...there there feel better now?

Marry Sofia Coppola. Then you'd be a nobody married to the best young director around.

Funny that, Eli Kazan's granddaughter was a classmate of mine at film school. She had great tits but I hated her, always raising her hand even though she had nothing to say.

Funny that, Eli Kazan's granddaughter was a classmate of mine at film school. She had great tits but I hated her, always raising her hand even though she had nothing to say.

Apart from 'All of these people are un-American commie bastards!' if she was anything like Grandad.