You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More twitter rumours

WaltonRed

It's the same on every frigging LFC forum at the moment mate.

As the internet wasn't as widespread when Houillier got sacked it's hard to know if the fans were as split when he left but it certainly didn't feel as bad as this. I think it's all to do with the replacement when Ged left we got Rafa this time we got Roy which has definitely split us fans, if we would have gotten a Hiddink, Van Gaal or even a Deschamps maybe it wouldn't have been this bad. However I do believe for many supporters the idea of another foreign coach wasn't as appealling as a british one. Personally I don't care where the coach is from I just want him to be capable.

Thats all wel and good but when all English managers are rubbish there is no point in appointing one just because he's English.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of us didnt think Woy was rubbish when he came in. In fact many people thought he was a decent choice and were praising him for the way he handled himself pre season.

Fact he has been so ineffctual has been a shock. I'm reasonsably sure he will not be here much longer and the Owners will be the case . I have no time for people thinking a defeat will help get Woy out, we need every point whoever is the manager.

Most of us didnt think Woy was rubbish when he came in. In fact many people thought he was a decent choice and were praising him for the way he handled himself pre season.

Fact he has been so ineffctual has been a shock. I'm reasonsably sure he will not be here much longer and the Owners will be the case . I have no time for people thinking a defeat will help get Woy out, we need every point whoever is the manager.

I think you'll find that what's happened was actually predicted by many.

For myself I didn't need hindsight to know that he was shite. And I certainly didn't need hindsight to know that he is not as good a manager as Rafael Benitez.

You replace a manager with someone better or you don't replace him at all.

i dont think there is any argument about whether Rafa is a better manager than Woy,but many people thought given the desperate state of the club Hodgson , whilst not future , was not the disaster he is proving to be. Whether we could have kept Benitez is another matter.

Personally, I was devasted that he was appointed, and knew he'd be absolutely shite, both on and off the pitch. Many of my non-Liverpool supporting pals (I now live in the North East) thought I was over-reacting and put it down to my huge disapppointment at Rafa's sacking.

It gives me no pleasure to say that I was right. I just want the clueless, classless cretin gone as soon as possible.

Personally, I was devasted that he was appointed, and knew he'd be absolutely shite, both on and off the pitch. Many of my non-Liverpool supporting pals (I now live in the North East) thought I was over-reacting and put it down to my huge disapppointment at Rafa's sacking.

It gives me no pleasure to say that I was right. I just want the clueless, classless cretin gone as soon as possible.

Whether we saw him as a disaster waiting to happen as you did or someone that might be able to keep the seat warm I think we all want him gone now. I just hope its with some dignity and we get the right replacement.

Is that a joke? He has been awful. He is less proone to being bullied at RB but his distribution has been pathetic.

Carragher? Bullied?

I love negging you. I mean, it's not like it makes you any less of a cunt, but it allows me to actually put some metrics in place about how much of a cunt I think you are.

And checking my figures, you are right at the top of the curve.

Carragher? Bullied?

I love negging you. I mean, it's not like it makes you any less of a cunt, but it allows me to actually put some metrics in place about how much of a cunt I think you are.

And checking my figures, you are right at the top of the curve.

Give him a break. he had a tough weekend.

A dingo stole his baby and he didn't have enough shrimps for his barby.

Is that a joke? He has been awful. He is less proone to being bullied at RB but his distribution has been pathetic.

If we had CM,s with the balls to play a forward pass then carra might not have to take the responsibility of trying to get it forward. I looked out for it against West Ham, the amount of times our midfielders play the easy ball back to him and skrtel without even looking up is staggering.

Yes Carra's not the most technically gifted Centre half in the world, but you sir are chatting pish.

If we had CM,s with the balls to play a forward pass then carra might not have to take the responsibility of trying to get it forward. I looked out for it against West Ham, the amount of times our midfielders play the easy ball back to him and skrtel without even looking up is staggering.

Yes Carra's not the most technically gifted Centre half in the world, but you sir are chatting pish.

I was fuming watching Poulsen on Saturday, in loads of space, turning his back on Skrtel or Carragher. Granted, Carragher does lump it a lot, but when your midfield players will not demand the ball from him, what can he do?

Guest PurpleNose
I was fuming watching Poulsen on Saturday, in loads of space, turning his back on Skrtel or Carragher. Granted, Carragher does lump it a lot, but when your midfield players will not demand the ball from him, what can he do?

I think Lucas is much better than Poulsen in this respect.

He often demands the ball from the defenders, and often doesn't get it from them.

I think Lucas is much better than Poulsen in this respect.

He often demands the ball from the defenders, and often doesn't get it from them.

He really is not.

One of the main diffeences between Poulsen and Lucas is that Poulsen always show for the ball and always try to be an option after making a pass while Lucas does not.

Guest PurpleNose
He really is not.

One of the main diffeences between Poulsen and Lucas is that Poulsen always show for the ball and always try to be an option after making a pass while Lucas does not.

No.

He really is not.

Well, I can honestly say that wasn't the case on Saturday. Most times he does get it, he gives it straight back. I agree with PurpleNose, Lucas gets bypassed a lot when looking for the ball.

No.

Seeing as Poulsen has been statistically more involved than Lucas so far this season I`d say my observation has got more objective backing than yours.

The more involved he is, the more he usually shows for the ball.

On top of that Poulsen`s passing is better than Lucas and even if he has got 287 minutes less playing time in the league so far he has already created more attacks than Lucas, his tackling is better as well if we look at the stats for won vs lost.

Guest PurpleNose
Seeing as Poulsen has been statistically more involved than Lucas so far this season I`d say my observation has got more objective backing than yours.

Sound.

The more involved he is, the more he usually shows for the ball.

On top of that Poulsen`s passing is better than Lucas and even if he has got 287 minutes less playing time in the league so far he has already created more attacks than Lucas, his tackling is better as well if we look at the stats for won vs lost.

I had wondered if you were a prat on occasion.....now I Know you are!

I`m not talking about showing for the ball exclusive from CB, I`m talking about in general.

Fair enough mate just think if anything with Lucas no matter how he does he is always looking for the ball which is possibly the best thing about him. Poulsen also doesn't shy away in general but his lack of mobility means he is less 'active' in that sense whereas I find Lucas is more likely to 'give and go'.

Everyone sees it their own way of course.