You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More twitter rumours

WaltonRed

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about that - it will be Gerrard's turn in the firing line next. Seems to me there is a very deliberate campaign going on among the twitterati against those seen as somehow complicit in the summer's events.

Even if Carra is playing poorly - and I grant he's looked in decline for some 18 months now - does it really justify the "venom" you yourself talk about? It's got little to do with football or form - that's just providing the pretext.

Entirely correct. A two year deal for Carragher was completely appropriate for him at this stage of his career. The stuff slating jamie spewed out on in here and elsewhere is horrible, and clearly borne out of the trauma they suffered with Benitez leaving the club. I think they should divert their support to milan or wherever Benitez will be next year.

I must be the only one that thinks Carra's individual form has been much improved over the last 8 weeks or so? I think a few games at rightback seems to have been the catalyst for his better form.

I entirely agree with this. He's put in some really good performances this season. Not every game, but hes one of our best performers this year.

Is Carragher actually being "slated" by anyone?

By some. Not many. What's putting a sandpit in Ant's clunge is the snidey remarks by some who feel Carra was complicit in Rafa leaving the club.

The trouble is, you get the snidey remarks, followed by shoutey ripostes about he's gone get over it, anti-scouse accusations and other tedious nonsenses, which means the few forumites actually trying to have an honest discussion about Carragher as a player and so forth get drowned out and this place continues in it's current incarnation as fucking boring with every thread turning into a polarised shouty session.

Can anybody sum up this thread for me?

I know there were some rumours, and MJ took offence to the abuse he received and that was it. What has happened since then?

As far as I know, some people disagreed with stuff he'd posted 'itk.' People called him every name under the sun for it. He got offended (as you would). People called him more names when he got offended and even more when he wouldn't join a site he was getting slagged off on to defend himself.

As far as I know, some people disagreed with stuff he'd posted 'itk.' People called him every name under the sun for it. He got offended (as you would). People called him more names when he got offended and even more when he wouldn't join a site he was getting slagged off on to defend himself.

nitk, shurely?

Can anybody sum up this thread for me?

I know there were some rumours, and MJ took offence to the abuse he received and that was it. What has happened since then?

Mike Jefferies posted several pieces of information in a hysterical fashion claiming them to be true insider information. None of them were. People took the piss. He got sand in his vagina and flounced about for a bit. The end (hopefully)

Being honest the film short wasn't all that, tho I think it could of done better to get the message across I think alot of people were expected off the hizzy special effects and top notch photoshopped tom an george pics.

Now I have a feeling he believes he is some sort of spokesman for LFC because of his contribution, and is now chatting more shit than most of mirror football columns.

Sorry Mike while I did like the short and did like the way you went about speakin out for the club...Tom an George are out of the way an I feel that was your only mission...and should of been your only mission instead of starting up crappy spec which means nothin to us, which subsequently turns out to be drivvle.

He also didn't like being waved to. Said I had cold waves.

Gangs of New York, please explain

I thought it was shite, I just pretended in my head it was the sequel to the Titanic as he never really died after all, the things you do to get out of a one night stand. Anyway, hated the film so much that I hope it helps us get to the bottom of this Carra business to let you know it.

By some. Not many. What's putting a sandpit in Ant's clunge is the snidey remarks by some who feel Carra was complicit in Rafa leaving the club.

The trouble is, you get the snidey remarks, followed by shoutey ripostes about he's gone get over it, anti-scouse accusations and other tedious nonsenses, which means the few forumites actually trying to have an honest discussion about Carragher as a player and so forth get drowned out and this place continues in it's current incarnation as fucking boring with every thread turning into a polarised shouty session.

It's the same on every frigging LFC forum at the moment mate.

As the internet wasn't as widespread when Houillier got sacked it's hard to know if the fans were as split when he left but it certainly didn't feel as bad as this. I think it's all to do with the replacement when Ged left we got Rafa this time we got Roy which has definitely split us fans, if we would have gotten a Hiddink, Van Gaal or even a Deschamps maybe it wouldn't have been this bad. However I do believe for many supporters the idea of another foreign coach wasn't as appealling as a british one. Personally I don't care where the coach is from I just want him to be capable.