You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More twitter rumours

WaltonRed

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trucker Paddy

You made a name for himself on these boards twisting facts to serves your agenda, but for your own mental sake get your act together and stop kidding yourself, because you become a main victim of your own cheats:)

Jovanovic earns around 50-55 per week according to Serbian press and his own declarings in Serbain tv. Maxi is on 70 grands a week, had to take a pay cut to come here, no signing on a fee apparently. Konchesky deserves a mention, even though he's not Benitez signing. don't you think? Gets more than twice Insua earned, already to blame for 4 goals we conceded, even last year, when Insua was below average and was finding his feet in the league, Konchesky had less successful tackles and interceptions completion. Konchesky managed 4 assists in 3 years, Insua 6 in one year. We wasted 7 million on Konchesky, including his annual salary. It's more than on Aquilani, at least we can recoup some of cash invested in him, while Konchesky signing and Insua departure were utterly pointless.

7m on konchesky including his salary? I assume you mean over the entire period of his contract, rather than 12 months? i know konch is shit and hodgson should be brought to account for bringing him to the club in terms of the fact he's clearly not up to standard. however, the wages he's on are only comparable to other players of his ability at other clubs. he is roughly paid market rates - the real issue is when we are paying grossly inflated wages to players who don't represent value for money in either ability or how many times they get on the pitch.

personally i think TP is about spot on in terms of carra is no different now to what he was 2/3 years ago, his main problem is every single player around him (left back, right back, other center back and the 2 central mids) are all inferior players to what was there then. and i seem to remember 2/3 years ago, everybody wanted a "team of carraghers".

And as night follows day, Ant comes out with his some OOTs are anti-scouse comment. Thank God you're not black Ant or you'd put Ali G to shame.

I'd just say that I don't think anyone is anti-scouse who supports the club. I thing OOTs can get a little annoyed when a possibly inferior player gets talked up far too much by locals and gets given loads of excuses when he may not be good enough, while other foreign players get no chance whatsoever. Or, for example, one thing I've seen on here quite a bit is a few of the Irish lads talking up an Irish player and local lads will have a good laugh at the Paddy talking up one of his own. It's the same thing to be fair, but some just don't get the irony.

But Waltonred makes a very good point that the there is nothing wrong with local fans really talking up a local player and wanting him to progress and so giving him extra leeway and much more of a chance. It's totally understandable and commendable. They just need to appreciate that if an OOT or OOC has a go that this is not been done through some anti-scouse agenda, but just that they are solely judging a player on his merits and not allowing him a bit of wiggle room because of where he comes from.

One other thing I'd say is that I think people are reading too much into the idea that NESV will only sign young players and so why did Carra get a contract. People are been far to black and white on this. Yes, of course NESV will make this their business plan, but it doesn't mean for one second that they also wont recognise the value of an older player and keep him at the club if it is the right thing to do. They know that Carra is so much more to the club then just some centre back and so have correctly given him abn extra 2 years. Expect to see Carra feature a lot more for the club in the background also as well as on the pitch now too. He will deal more with the kids now on the coaching side of things also. I'd also bet that any time Dalglish is doing some press thing or talking up the club that Carra will appear more and more by his side.

This Scouse versus OOT "debate" is a disgrace.

There is no reason why it should even be going on.

We all support Liverpool Football Club and it doesn't matter where you come from.

And the same goes for Scouse and foreign players, they should all be treated the same. Just because a player is scouse doesn't mean he should get the higher pedastal. Our greatest ever player was Scottish, our record goalscorer was Welsh, our Greatest managers have all been from outside of Liverpool.

We've had great players from all over, from Zimbabwe to Australia (no not Harry Kewell) everybody wants the next Carra or Gerrard to come through, but the reality is, they aren't anywhere to be seen and haven't been in the last 12 years. People need to get thier head around this. People also need to lose the "one of our own" attitude too.

We all support Liverpool Football Club and it doesn't matter where you come from.

And the same goes for Scouse and foreign players, they should all be treated the same. Just because a player is scouse doesn't mean he should get the higher pedastal. Our greatest ever player was Scottish, our record goalscorer was Welsh, our Greatest managers have all been from outside of Liverpool.

We've had great players from all over, from Zimbabwe to Australia (no not Harry Kewell) everybody wants the next Carra or Gerrard to come through, but the reality is, they aren't anywhere to be seen and haven't been in the last 12 years. People need to get thier head around this. People also need to lose the "one of our own" attitude too.

I agree but I was merely saying for me i'll always give a kid from round here more leeway coming through.

I was also defending the notion Liverpool isnt a scouse club when it clearly is.

Good post though.

:thumbup: