You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More twitter rumours

WaltonRed

Carragher is playing no different to what he was 2 years ago, so ask yourself why is he getting all the shit now? The same people making up shit about him on twitter are the same people who are saying Hodgson was freezing out Agger even though he was crocked, you know Agger whos on a 5 year £70k a week deal but averages 25 games a season, Carragher is well worth his contract when you consider that.

Not really, no.

That's like saying the Aquilani deal was well worth it because ManUtd paid the same amount for Anderson, who's useless.

You can't justify one stupid deal by using another stupid one as an example.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carragher is playing no different to what he was 2 years ago

There is no way on earth he's playing at the same level as our title challenging season. Its not a crime to suggest he might be past his best or not playing well, same as Man Utd supporters are probably doing with Ferdinand and Vidic who both look completely shot at the moment.

Not really, no.

That's like saying the Aquilani deal was well worth it because ManUtd paid the same amount for Anderson, who's useless.

You can't justify one stupid deal by using another stupid one as an example.

This football club has made a plethora of stupid deals over the last 18 months.

Carragher's contract was just one.

Strange then because one of the first thing Henry said was how prudent the club have to be with every penny.

And that was the day after Carragger got that contract. Hardly the words of someone who'd randomly hand out two year contract extensions (and presumably on big, big wages) to a player who turns 33 this season, and hasn't been in the best of form for a good while compared to when he last signed a contract on those wages.

Strange that Henry would go against that whole ethos to hand out a contract to Carragher who's hardly in great demand by other clubs. Why wouldn't they wait? Or give him a one-year deal.

Henry's either covering Purslow's arse, or gone against his whole ethos just to placate Carargher. I wonder which?

Fuck sake lad cut the conspiracies so your saying our new owner is a liar now?

We fucked up only given Sami a one year deal and IMO it would have been the same with Carragher, a bigger fuck up was the Aurellio deal or the Agger deal, Carragher is playing at the same level he has been for the past 3 years and is never injured, he's twice the player Agger will ever be,and is well worth a 2 year deal

Dave confirmed it 3 weeks ago!

theliverpoolway The Liverpool Way

@ @rorysmith_tel I'd be happy with affelay, but need striker more urgently. By the way, john henry told fans nesv gave carra that contract.

27 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Thanks for that, mate. I'd be inclined to to take Henry at face value if the timing of the award of Carragher's contract wasn't so bizarre.

There is no way on earth he's playing at the same level as our title challenging season. Its not a crime to suggest he might be past his best or not playing well, same as Man Utd supporters are probably doing with Ferdinand and Vidic who both look completely shot at the moment.

Or Gary Neville. I think Vidic is still a top player, though.

Carragher still has alot to offer in the squad, but it's gone beyond a joke that he has to play seemingly every single game, which means we have to defend on our own six yard box.

Why can't he just become a squad player like Sami did in his last few years? Playing him at right back is just ridiculous.

I think Carragher is playing at the same level, the Difference is Sami is gone Bob is gone, both replaced with inferior players. Theres no Mascherano or Alonso to over the protection the back four had.

Against Chelsea and Wigan Carragher was outstanding given the pressure we were under for most of both games

We fucked up only given Sami a one year deal and IMO it would have been the same with Carragher, a bigger fuck up was the Aurellio deal or the Agger deal, Carragher is playing at the same level he has been for the past 3 years and is never injured, he's twice the player Agger will ever be,and is well worth a 2 year deal

I'm not saying he's a liar, i'm saying Carragher's contract goes against the ethos of what he said the day after it was signed:

"We have to be more efficient. When we spend a dollar it has to be wisely. We cannot afford player contracts that do not make long-term sense. We have to be smart, bold, aggressive. It's a great challenge."

We fucked up with Sami by leaving him out the CL squad, which was an insult.

If he was still getting a fair number of games, he'd have stayed.

I don't think for a minute Carragher is at the level he was 3 years ago. IMO he's legs are going and he should only be a squad player - but he's on too much money to be a squad player. I don't think he can play 50 games a season anymore, but Roy seems loathe to leave him out. He even took him to Naples just so he could play the first half FFS.

I'm not saying he's a liar, i'm saying Carragher's contract goes against the ethos of what he said the day after it was signed:

We fucked up with Sami by leaving him out the CL squad, which was an insult.

If he was still getting a fair number of games, he'd have stayed.

I don't think for a minute Carragher is at the level he was 3 years ago. IMO he's legs are going and he should only be a squad player - but he's on too much money to be a squad player.

Maybe Henry was talking about the fact Jovanivic is on £90k a week as is Maxi, perma crock Agger is on £70k a week Aurellio £20k a year, were still paying part of Degans wages, thats what you call wasting money as nothing is given in return to the team bar maybe Maxi in fairness. Aqualani bought crocked and we have to wait 4 months for him to Kick a ball which was over £1m in wages, thats wastage, and thats what he was refering to.

Jamie Carraghers new contract is nothing compared to the money pissed away by LFC in last 18-24 months

That bit is very wrong, are you implying for an "alleged" part in removing the previous manager Carragher got a new contract?

Also NSEV new about and approved Carraghers new contract, this has been said already

Oh god no, nothing that sinister. I just wonder whether there might have been a difference of opinion over Carra's contract that was no longer there after Rafa had left.

Maybe Henry was talking about the fact Jovanivic is on £90k a week as is Maxi, perma crock Agger is on £70k a week Aurellio £20k a year, were still paying part of Degans wages, thats what you call wasting money as nothing is given in return to the team bar maybe Maxi in fairness. Aqualani bought crocked and we have to wait 4 months for him to Kick a ball which was over £1m in wages, thats wastage, and thats what he was refering to.

Jamie Carraghers new contract is nothing compared to the money pissed away by LFC in last 18-24 months

Paddy it still doesn't make it right though.

Oh god no, nothing that sinister. I just wonder whether there might have been a difference of opinion over Carra's contract that was no longer there after Rafa had left.

I'd say Rafa would have offered him a deal also be it one year or 2, he was an ever present under Rafa and whatever there differences may have been if there was any, Rafa knows Carra is a more reliable option than Agger or Skertel

Guest San Don

I agree with you. While he may be coming towards the end of his career he's been a great servant to LFC and I dont just mean on the pitch. Who can forget his put down to that lakie journo who said he 'could have moved to a 'bigger' club.' I think some people are targetting Carragher for no other reason than the plethora of rumours doing the net that he was instrumental in hodgon's appointment.

This is the trouble with shit sites like twatter. Someone twats something then it goes viral on the net. Next, it gains credence because someone has seen it mentioned on more than one forum and so exponentially, the rumour gains more credence.

You've only got to see that comment some twatter called philwatson1981 put up in reply to Dave basically calling Dave or Carragher a liar.

I don't see Carragher's contract as unusual. He may well not play as many games as he has in the past, but I can see him shifting into some work coaching the defence.

He's been taking his coaching badges at the Academy, so it's not outside the realms of possibility that what you say will happen. He more than deserves this, probably final, couple of years on the playing side.

Bomb Carragher out of the team along with his woeful anti-football antics and the venom on twitter will soon abate.

Not sure about that - it will be Gerrard's turn in the firing line next. Seems to me there is a very deliberate campaign going on among the twitterati against those seen as somehow complicit in the summer's events.

Even if Carra is playing poorly - and I grant he's looked in decline for some 18 months now - does it really justify the "venom" you yourself talk about? It's got little to do with football or form - that's just providing the pretext.

Spot on that mate. Was just saying the same to al at the weekend. It's ok for us to bitch and moan in here or whatevers your forum, but we can't be running campaigns to oust the manager. I'm desperate for hodgson to go, I understand the kenny chants (I wouldn't join in I dont think), but using the organisation built amongst fans to bring down the previous owners to undermine the manager is fucking disgusting. It's like when local councils are using laws brought in to asop terrorists to fine people littering.
Spot on Barry. I'm more than a little concerned that the access NESV have allowed fans groups to air our views could be seen by someone as a oppertunity to try and influence the position of the manager. What if someone got ideas above their station and thought they might be in a position to actually start suggesting to NESV who should replace Roy.