You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had it only been a couple of millions. The Konchesky fee was £5m, which is absolutely staggering. £3,5m plus Dalla Valle and Kacaniclic who both were valued at £750 000. And it was only a year ago Fulham bid £3m (i think) for Dalla Valle.

I have no problem with Roy trying to improve the left back position, but Konchesky is not any better than Insua, and while Insua may improve, Konchesky certainly will not. So it was a waste of a deal, at a time we had almost no money.

Fulham never bid £3m for LDV, Hodgson himself said he didn't really want him but Ellison wanted him there.

Konchesky cost £2m and the 2 lads a deal valued at £3.5m.

We did accept 2 bids for insua, he didn't agree wages nothing we could do there

Atm i still think Insua is better than konchesky, maybe he still need abit more games to settle down. I have a funny feeling that poulsen & konchesky are what Roy wanted personally and miereles seems to be scouted by someone else instead other than Roy

Oh I get it, if like poulsen and konchesky there not instant success Roy signed them, if there a success like mererilis somebody else signed them.

Guest ShoePiss
Fulham never bid £3m for LDV, Hodgson himself said he didn't really want him but Ellison wanted him there.

Konchesky cost £2m and the 2 lads a deal valued at £3.5m.

We did accept 2 bids for insua, he didn't agree wages nothing we could do there

Are you sure about that mate? For some reason I'm under the impression it was 3.5m + Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic valued at 1.5 combined.

Oh I get it, if like poulsen and konchesky there not instant success Roy signed them, if there a success like mererilis somebody else signed them.

Yeah, sort of like a variation on a theme of the last manager. If he won the Champions League it was with somebody elses team, but the team that is now in the bottom three after he has gone is his fault. Funny how this utterly brainless fucking mongery works isn't it? Still, if a few retards say it often enough then a few others will say 'there is no smoke without fire' and then it becomes an accepted and fundamental truth amongst those too fucking stupid to tie their own shoelaces.

Guest ShoePiss
Yes I'm sure, they'd accepted a £3m cash deal before Hughes took over, we did not give them £3.5m and the 2 lads

Well it wouldn't be the first time a transfer fee has been reported incorrectly, I assume you are not getting your figure from the media and have some inside info because every report I read said 3.5 plus the two lads. lfchistory.net also says this.

Guest ShoePiss

Anyway trucker, no need to continue this. This thread is about how shit konchesky is.

He's really shit, you could see that from the first couple of games he played for us.

shit on toast.

Anyway trucker, no need to continue this. This thread is about how shit konchesky is.

He's really shit, you could see that from the first couple of games he played for us.

shit on toast.

He's average IMO, but the manager obviously trusts him and there's nothing we can do.

TBH bar the Greek none of our defenders have performed this season, Kelly had deputised well though