You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pep Reina is unhappy and demands showdown talks with NESV

EgyptianRed

Reina demands showdown talks with Kop - Exclusive

Published 23:00 23/10/10 By Paul Smith

Pepe Reina will hold showdown talks with Liverpool to seek assurances about the direction the club.

The developments will be watched by Arsenal who look certain to make a move for the Spanish goalie if he remains unhappy at Anfield.

Although Reina had a close working relationship with former boss Rafa Benitez he does not appear to have the same bond with new boss Roy Hodgson.

The Gunners interest in him is clouding issues and Reina is deeply concerned about the direction Liverpool are going in.

Agent Manuel Garcia Quilon will meet with Liverpool new owners NESV to thrash out the player’s concerns and resolve any immediate issues over his future.

Reina said himself recently that this is the worst experience he has had since joining the club.

His contract runs until the summer on 2016 so he won’t come cheap for Arsenal if they attempt to take advantage of his troubled situation.

It’s believed that Liverpool could hold out for as much as £20 million before they even consider allowing Reina to leave.

Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina puts Arsenal on red alert by demanding showdown talks with Reds owners NESV over the direction the club is headed - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

So for all those who want to give Roy a chance, we are seeing that not only we are being dominated and outplayed every single time we go on the pitch, but our best players are alienated and want out because of the mess he has created, I'm afraid if he stays past this week, the longer he stays, the more our crisis deepens, the more our players will become alienated and it will be evident that we'll be heading toward relegation, Roy's future needs to be addressed quickly, I'm afraid if he was given time till Christmas, we've seen how West Ham played in the second half of the season in 2003 and still got relegated because of how tight the league was then, and if we gave him time till Christmas, I'm afraid it will be little too late to fix the problems he caused.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don

Havent the mirror been running with this story of Pepe to arse since the beginning of the season? Someone seems desparate to see him move to them and I dont mean wenger.

Guest San Don

Fucking hell even the daily wail are running a story of Torres, Reina and Johnson want out. Is it true he's put a 68 year old in charge of goalkeeper coaching!?

Fucking hell even the daily wail are running a story of Torres, Reina and Johnson want out. Is it true he's put a 68 year old in charge of goalkeeper coaching!?

Yup, and Roy along with the 68 year old coach told Reina to start playing with more of an English style goalkeeping, which basically means get more used to hoofing the ball.

Guest PurpleNose

Mike Kelly isn't it?

Is he that shit that we've refused to admit he's at the club?

That looks the problem Carra, Stevie and Roy against the rest

If that's really the case then the two of them can fuck off as well. Stevie wont last forever and we're building for the future, not his ego. And Carra, well he's on his way down the hill. How long can those two have carte blanche to rule the club because of what they have done in the past?

Roy has got Reina playing with his style, being busy.

Some scoffed when I said there was a problem within the squad after the Sunderland game, I still believe there is a split between some players because the Spanish lads who Rafa brought in now see things in a different way. You would wouldn't you, if you'd just won the world cup, be a little dismayed at fighting a relegation battle and having a manager who talked shite to the media nearly every day. Yes, I believe there is a loyalty to LFC and the fans but its being strained beyond the point of what you'd take.

I firmly believe we face a week which will shape the future of our club for the second time in a fortnight (not unconnected)