You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NESV officials appointed as directors

Kobayashi Maru

Two senior officials of New England Sports Ventures have been appointed as members of the Liverpool board and will be at Anfield tomorrow for the Reds' match against Blackburn.

David Ginsberg, one of NESV's two vice-chairmen, and investor Michael Gordon have been appointed as club directors and will be at the match alongside new co-owner Tom Werner.

John W Henry, the principal owner of NESV, is unable to travel to the UK this weekend due to illness.

Henry said however: "Sunday promises to be a special day at Anfield in more ways than one. I'll be watching the game from home and although I have only been here for a few days, I already miss Anfield.

"We are hard at work setting a course for the future including the search for a chief executive officer.

"I wish the club and the fans all the best for the match against Blackburn."

Boston Red Sox chief operating officer Sam Kennedy will also be part of the NESV delegation at Anfield tomorrow.

Liverpool appoint senior NESV officials David Ginsberg and Michael Gordon as directors - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Is it me or has Every move NESV made since they came in been about change in the Decision Making & Direction Setting Areas of our Club? Consider - They've removed Martin Broughton first, then Christian Purslow, they've retained Ian Ayre for now and in addition? They've now installed Directors of their own as well to shape Club Policy - These people certainly DON'T muck about do they? Anyhow, I Don't think THIS level of change at the Highest Levels of our Club is being undertaken for fun either - Methinks it is all leading up to only ONE thing and one thing only - The removal of his Royal Woyness - If you also consider Mr Henry & NESV as a whole's sheer level of Silence in the media regarding Roy other than the token platitudes uttered in the incumbent Managers Direction by ANY new owners? If you consider That, it doesn't bode well for Woy IMO.

This is all of course without mentioning how Roy now looks increasingly like a Rabbit in Headlights in the Role of Manager And a Man in crosshairs in his Press Conferences - I think he KNOWS what is coming - We all do hence his sheer desperation to cling onto probably his last Really Big Job despite the Pig's Arse he's made of it thus far. Anyway, as I see it? The Axes have been positioned, the Executioners appointed and masked ready to go. The reshuffling has been in preparation for the Big Change to come at our Club - That in the Dugout during the weeks to come. Now? It is a question of WHEN those Axes fall not if - We All (Including Roy Hodgson) Know it yes? Everything's leading up to just One more change in the coming weeks - Guess which position THAT will be? Start worrying Woy..................

Edited by Redshadow

They didn't remove Broughton or Purslow. Those two had fulfilled their primary remit in getting the club sold/brought in new investment, so their time came to a natural end, although they are staying temporarily to smooth the transition between the old and the new board of directors.

You know what I mean Shanks & Trumo. Broughton and Purslow COULD have stayed on and meandered along if they'd not been told specifically to go but the way NESV Operate? I've a feeling they were told exactly that and to make said departures both prompt And Final. Basically? As I said before - NESV Don't mess around - And the other points I made re their relative silence about Roy And their shuffling the higher echelons of the club BEFORE any announcements being made re Management still stand and those certainly don't bode well for Roy. I stand by what I said - I think the details are being checked and everything fine tuned but that ALL of this is leading up to Woy's removal in the next week or so - I believe whatever the result that Blackburn could well be his last match with us and judging by Some of his behaviour in the past week? (Particularly at one of the Napoli Press Conferences if rumour is true) I think he Knows that................

Sorry Red Banjo just an OLD habit that I've found it hard to grow out of. I DO try and keep a limit on the amount per paragraph now if THAT is any help...............

I said it WAS bizarre mate, NOT bad. So no NEED to apologise fella. KEEP doing what YOUR doing mate. It makes me laugh WHEN you go OFF on one with EMPHASISED capital letters ALL over the PLACE.

Don't go CHANGING now.

Cheers mate - Makes me Laugh just a bit as well I suppose that's why I've kept that style instead of binning it - Gives me some humour whilst supporting us when things go as wrong as they have recently.

BTW do you think Hodgson is pathologically INCAPABLE of amending his management methods as he INSISTS? Or do you suspect as I do that with him being the snivelling, self-serving, arrogant little 'English Choice of the media & England For Liverpool FC's Job' that he is that we will Suddenly, utterly MIRACULOUSLY start to play like a Rafael Benitez team and press sides all over the shop in order to get us clear enough of the Relegation Zone and 'safely' into midtable under Woy before reverting back to his "Pray like Mad and Hope!!!" tactics that got us In to such a mess?. Either that or do you believe the players (led naturally by a certain Midfielder and Defender of English Nationality) Might fuck off Roy's tactics (as happened to Houllier once v Southampton I believe), Play Attacking, Pressing Football regardless of orders and that due to the mess he's got us in? Roy will ALLOW this without comment?

Should either of those happens to cause such a result? Do you believe as I do that then? THAT will be seen as (and hailed as such) success by the media and Roy himself and they (and he) will then do their damnedest to foist him upon us for ANOTHER season by insisting he "deserves his chance/has earned his spurs" or other such utter crap? If so, it shows not just how small-minded, clingy and pathetic Roy is but how duplicitous, backstabbing and Hypocritical our National Sports Media are like NEVER before (Rival Managers Like Allardyce, Moyes and that Tw*t Redknapp moaning that he "deserves to stay" aren't helping either - Bet they LOVE him here no?_. Not that we needed showing that anyway...............

They didn't remove Broughton or Purslow. Those two had fulfilled their primary remit in getting the club sold/brought in new investment, so their time came to a natural end, although they are staying temporarily to smooth the transition between the old and the new board of directors.

Not quite. Purslow always said he would be available to continue as MD and Director but it would be up to the new owners to offer him the chance (a pretty obvious comment). They did not want him. The face-saving solution was to offer him a consulting job - someone they could call about loose ends in the banking side of things - not that they will need him. He never had a contract before and he does not have one now. The face-saving formula which they felt they owed to the guy who stabbed his employers in the back in order to help them, was to let him have the empty title of non-executive director - i.e. consultant. He has no vote and no responsibilities. They never have to seek his advice. Nor would any self-respecting new Managing Director or Chairman.

Purslow did not even get the two year extension on his contract or the bonus Parry got when H&G took over. He was sacked.

Broughton took the job partly to help him develop a profile in the sports world where he intends to make some more money with his son's company. He made a nice sum in his six months at LFC and got invaluable publicity for his new sports business.

Good riddance to both of them.

Guest San Don

Im not certain it matters much if no one who knows about football is appointed to the board. I'd prefer the board to be concerned with running the club and financial decisions.

Appointing a CEO like Dien who knows football inside out would be an excellent move imo though.

So long as they have better than good links built in between the board and the football 'side' of things via a ceo, I wouldnt be too worried.

Im not certain it matters much if no one who knows about football is appointed to the board. I'd prefer the board to be concerned with running the club and financial decisions.

Appointing a CEO like Dien who knows football inside out would be an excellent move imo though.

So long as they have better than good links built in between the board and the football 'side' of things via a ceo, I wouldnt be too worried.

I agree to an extent mate but - we seem to be appointing all these NESV big shots and whilst i dont doubt they are financially astute, what do they know about Football? More specifically English Football? More specifically Liverpool Football Club?

When a club changes its manager, for example - who comes to the decision? The board and the owner/chairman normally. Therefore i would like someone making those decisions to actually know what they are doing. These NESV fella's might know their onions when it comes to bat's, base's and pitchers - but are they up to the job we need them to do?

I can see where they are going. They are gonna run it like a proper business. Times are changing and the Fifa fair play rules mean that no sugar daddies in football. Which means clubs have to limit how much they spend and those that want to spend have to generate extra revenues. I feel that generating extra revenues at a club like Liverpool is important as it will give the extra cash and allow us to compete against the clubs that currently generate higher revenues than us.

Financial stability is key in the next five years and if it means a little less success on the pitch then so be it. The likes of Chelsea and City will not be able to throw cash like they did until now so it will give clubs with large fan bases the chance to comeback again. I don't see how we will struggle with the such a large fan base, we are the second most supported in the UK after all.

Chelsea spent a lot of money but how many fans did they gain? Fuck all I would say. City are spending a lot and trying to act the big daddy but they have little time now to convert their money power into actual support.

Having looked at their stratergy when they took over the red sox it has many similarities. Broughton and Purslow have done their contractual duty, for which we are forever in their debt. NESV did the same at the sox with the only difference being they did replace board members there and not fill spots that had been vacated. They do move fast, it's all part of their business plan, if the team isn't winning things change and fast. Their entire philosophy is to win and heavily promoting a winning team to sell seats, merchandise etc is easier with a winning team. Investment is needed to improve a team, whether that is from buying new players or bringing on youngsters, it all costs money and that money comes, primarily, from people paying to see the team play and buy merchandise. I don't think it will be long before Roy gets his marching orders as they had no worries about sacking a failing sox coach so I don't see them having any quarms about sacking a failing footie manager.

The red sox were also big into all that sabrmetrics and statto stuff weren't they? Don't be surprised if code72 is head-hunted.

Anyways the board isn't that important really is it? Other than Chelsea does any other team have anything other than a CEO who knows how the business of football works?

The level below that is the one that needs sorting: Medical, Performance, First Team, Academy, DoF? Those people all need to be marching to the same tune and I'm not sure they are yet.

Guest San Don
I agree to an extent mate but - we seem to be appointing all these NESV big shots and whilst i dont doubt they are financially astute, what do they know about Football? More specifically English Football? More specifically Liverpool Football Club?

When a club changes its manager, for example - who comes to the decision? The board and the owner/chairman normally. Therefore i would like someone making those decisions to actually know what they are doing. These NESV fella's might know their onions when it comes to bat's, base's and pitchers - but are they up to the job we need them to do?

If they appoint someone like Dein though, the football side of things will be addressed. I dont think the board specifically needs a 'footballing' person on it. We didnt in the past so I personally dont see it as a big issue myself.