You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Blackburn to beat us

Nathanzx

No, of course not.

Can definitely comprehend the thinking behind the question though. But that being so, regardless of how turgid our play is and how pitiful the results have been, couldn't want us to lose.

For those who have taken shots at the original poster, whilst I agree in the principle of never wanting to see us lose, looking at it the other way though, if you love money, would you never speculate to accumulate?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never ever thought i'd say this but i'm starting to feel sorry for Hodgson. Yes i know that makes me a hypocrite because i've been one of his most vociferous and constant critics but i looked at him on the touchline before the game last night and i felt for him, i genuinely would love to see him turn it around.

say we scape a lucky 1-0 win with a deflected goal or something (the best you can hope for with Roy in charge) and NESV then decide to put an end to all the speculation by backing Roy until the end of the season.....well then it will be the most damaging 3 points we have ever won

I am not really going to get into the superfan battles or respond to people calling for bans or to get off the forum for stating my opinion...I understand their view, it's short-sighted in my opinion but some associate supporting Liverpool football club with singing songs, buying shirts and cheering the boys to victory in every game....I don't think it's that simplistic and prefer to focus on the bigger picture. I will be honest and say if a defeat tomorrow meant Roy walked and we got a new manager in to revitalise the team then I'd bite your hand off and I'd wager that the new manager (if wisely chosen) would mean that we ended up with a far greater points total than if we had stuck with Roy for a bit longer and got the three points againt Blackburn. Sometimes it's necessary to make sacrifices for the greater good, it doesn't mean I'll be cheering for Blackburn and hoping they score goals, it means I will see the positives in defeat which could be far more beneficial in the long-term than a scrappy win.

If this view angers the superfans or makes me a Judas or warrants a ban then so be it....I stand by my opinions and can't be arsed with emotive narrow-minded interpretaions of what constitutes being a fan or supporting the team.

....if it means Roy will go

I do, I can't stand him anymore, the way we play, the things he says, the way the media and cocks like Allardyce and Bruce are sucking him off, his shitty signings and of course he has managed to put a decent squad in the relegation zone....I would take a defeat to the most odious manager in game to get rid of you Roy, that's how urgent it is, that's how you've made me feel about the team

15hbriq.jpg

No.

As much as I think this club needs a new manager, wishing defeat on us in the hope of gaining that change is just wrong on so many levels. I'd hope that people on the board wouldn't just make or break their decisions based on the result in one match. Plus, I fuckin hate that despicable whale headed fat cunt Allardyce and the thought of him inflicting defeat on this club turns my stomach more than the thought of Roy being here on Monday morning.

Christ. Mentalists. Not that this thread deserves an answer but there's a difference between wanting and expecting. I want us to win every game emphatically. I expect us to get beat by Blackburn. If Roy's ancient tactics start working and we suddenly start rising up the table I'll be the first to apologize for doubting him. Till then, from the evidence I've seen, he shouldn't be here.

say we scape a lucky 1-0 win with a deflected goal or something (the best you can hope for with Roy in charge) and NESV then decide to put an end to all the speculation by backing Roy until the end of the season.....well then it will be the most damaging 3 points we have ever won

I am not really going to get into the superfan battles or respond to people calling for bans or to get off the forum for stating my opinion...I understand their view, it's short-sighted in my opinion but some associate supporting Liverpool football club with singing songs, buying shirts and cheering the boys to victory in every game....I don't think it's that simplistic and prefer to focus on the bigger picture. I will be honest and say if a defeat tomorrow meant Roy walked and we got a new manager in to revitalise the team then I'd bite your hand off and I'd wager that the new manager (if wisely chosen) would mean that we ended up with a far greater points total than if we had stuck with Roy for a bit longer and got the three points againt Blackburn. Sometimes it's necessary to make sacrifices for the greater good, it doesn't mean I'll be cheering for Blackburn and hoping they score goals, it means I will see the positives in defeat which could be far more beneficial in the long-term than a scrappy win.

If this view angers the superfans or makes me a Judas or warrants a ban then so be it....I stand by my opinions and can't be arsed with emotive narrow-minded interpretaions of what constitutes being a fan or supporting the team.

Think you'll find even a 5-0 win wont blind a good football judge of a player or team or manager . Dont hope L.F.C. ever lose a game !!! Please .

Now be a good boy and carry on shouting outside Waynes house .

Then so be it.

That wont happen though, one win against Blackburn isnt going to change anyones minds about him, stop talking shite.