Quantcast
Intensive Driving Courses - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Beni

Intensive Driving Courses

Yes I have and it was really good.

The instructor was superb and taught me loads of great tips.

And the place he taught me at sold you a whole bucket of balls for a fiver....got told off for aiming at the guy in the buggy collecting the balls though!!

;)

Yes I have and it was really good.

The instructor was superb and taught me loads of great tips.

And the place he taught me at sold you a whole bucket of balls for a fiver....got told off for aiming at the guy in the buggy collecting the balls though!!

;)

Damn your Chesire sense of humour. This is serious stuff.

beni as a driving instuctor i would recommend it. far better than 1 lesson a week. but it is hard graft for both the a.d.i and the learner.dont be afraid to say you want abreak for 10 minutes or so if you start getting frusrtated.and dont feel stupid about asking for clarification about something if youre not sure about it . sometimes we wonder why learners keep making ther same mistakes they then ask a simple question and it becomes clearer what the problem is just because they have misuderstood an earlier point . hope this helps and good luck

sometimes we wonder why learners keep making ther same mistakes they then ask a simple question and it becomes clearer what the problem is

A stupid question like "Why am I paying you £15 a hour for a driving lesson when we've spent the first 30 minutes sitting in the car looking at the controls without moving, my dad could have done that for free!!!".

Cheers Andy. Whats my best bet- BSM?

I'd ask redandy to teach you.He won't charge for the controls lesson and he's bound to offer a discount to a fellow forumite.

beni as a driving instuctor i would recommend it. far better than 1 lesson a week. but it is hard graft for both the a.d.i and the learner.dont be afraid to say you want abreak for 10 minutes or so if you start getting frusrtated.and dont feel stupid about asking for clarification about something if youre not sure about it . sometimes we wonder why learners keep making ther same mistakes they then ask a simple question and it becomes clearer what the problem is just because they have misuderstood an earlier point . hope this helps and good luck

Andy

When did you qualify and how long did it take? Just started a course to become an ADI, not as easy as i thought it would be...typically.

beni- BSM not sure go local ask for recommendations from friends etc

TL- about a year now .took about year if i remember to pass.Sorry mate it gets harder the further in you get! who are you doing it with?

"the instructor college" based in Birkenhead. I've paid two grand so i'm deffo going to see it through. Did you go out on your own or go with an established school after you passed?

Why on earth would someone pay £2000 to learn how to teach others to drive.

How do you afford it?

The striptease business must be going well for you again after a few lean years, Longo.

Desperation to leave the job i'm in DT, basically.

I like driving. I like people (most people). i like the idea of laughing at idiots who are learning to drive whilst i sit and "tut, tut" them (and gleefully taking their dosh).

Oh, and my ma paid for the course. She rules.

How did you know about the striptease thing?

TL- 2 grand is about par i think. Went on my own, but now also have started doing some part 2 training for the company that i trained with.So got the best of both worlds at the mo.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What do these intensive courses consist of, then? Do you just take time off work and them spend a week at a driving school or something?

Do they upload the knowledge into your brain a la Matrix/Chuck?