You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger & Johnson Out : The Offal

Anubis

I'd like Agger to stay. I think he's a good footballer and waht we need to improve the team. But calling yourself in sick in a fit of petulance isn't a wise move when the manager is looking for reasons to put you on his transfer list.

I agree but by the same token, Hodgson should be smart enough to know calling a petulant kid a fool and all the other shenanigans is going to elicit this kind of reaction.

Lets hope hodgson doesn't find himself in a position where he has to rely on Agger before he attempts to offload him because I don't sense he'll be running through any brick walls for him.

35 years of experience should have taught him that much at least.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 years of experience should have taught him that much at least.

Mostly 35 years of experience teaches people that they "know". And the others don't. The only question that the people with 35 years of experience have is "how come the fools don't understand it".

If I was in Hodgson's position, I wouldn't be leaving people like Gerrard out.

He's been told the Uefa cup don't matter, so he's taking no chances with Gerrard and Torres, an approach no doubt supported by the sports science team. Hyper-conservative but you understand the rationale even if you don't agree with it.

Pretty soon he'll be at the point of any win is more important than just about anything else though, but he's not quite there yet. He can play the B-Team card at least once more to hold-off the press pack.

He's been told the Uefa cup don't matter, so he's taking no chances with Gerrard and Torres, an approach no doubt supported by the sports science team. Hyper-conservative but you understand the rationale even if you don't agree with it.

Pretty soon he'll be at the point of any win is more important than just about anything else though, but he's not quite there yet. He can play the B-Team card at least once more to hold-off the press pack.

Risky.

I would have thought he was at that point already, given we are out of the league cup and second from bottom in the league, not to mention the performances and reaction from the fans.

I don't think we'll win if Gerrard doesn't play, we'd struggle even if he did play, but without him it significantly reduces our chances.

I think he needs all the positives at the moment and another loss on Thursday just puts another nail in his coffin here at the club.

The press are behind him, but I think NESV are listening to the fans more than the press, judging by what they have done so far.

Risky.

I would have thought he was at that point already, given we are out of the league cup and second from bottom in the league, not to mention the performances and reaction from the fans.

I don't think we'll win if Gerrard doesn't play, we'd struggle even if he did play, but without him it significantly reduces our chances.

I think he needs all the positives at the moment and another loss on Thursday just puts another nail in his coffin here at the club.

The press are behind him, but I think NESV are listening to the fans more than the press, judging by what they have done so far.

Bolton would be a bigger nail in the coffin. Setup for a commendable 0-0 against Napoli which can arguably be done as well with or without Gerrard and keep the powder dry for the competition that everyone is focusing on and for which a win is a priority.

And don't be fooled by the press, they turn as slowly as an oil-tanker, but when they get going its pretty inexorable.

Tomkins has slammed his "Support the Manager" meme-machine into reverse and is churning out sound-bites like grenados. The mainstream journos are bound to come across them sooner or later (as Rory Smith and Evan Fanning are wont to do) and then it will be bye bye Roy as he, alas, is the Emperor with no (grenado-proof) clothes, (nor a CL trophy behind which to duck).

Bolton would be a bigger nail in the coffin. Setup for a commendable 0-0 against Napoli which can arguably be done as well with or without Gerrard and keep the powder dry for the competition that everyone is focusing on and for which a win is a priority.

And don't be fooled by the press, they turn as slowly as an oil-tanker, but when they get going its pretty inexorable.

Tomkins has slammed his "Support the Manager" meme-machine into reverse and is churning out sound-bites like grenados. The mainstream journos are bound to come across them sooner or later (as Rory Smith and Evan Fanning are wont to do) and then it will be bye bye Roy as he, alas, is the Emperor with no (grenado-proof) clothes, (nor a CL trophy behind which to duck).

I just think he isn't doing himself any favours not playing his best players.

He could do with two wins to save his job, judging by the lack of support he has amongst the fans.

I just think he isn't doing himself any favours not playing his best players.

He could do with two wins to save his job, judging by the lack of support he has amongst the fans.

I don't disagree; Benitez did the same, when I felt he should be aiming to maximize momentum he dropped too many players. But they are trying to juggle a lot of balls, you can see the rationale though even if you don't agree with the judgment.

I get the sense that he's cowering under the pressure of the job and has ditched all aspirations beyond league position.

So he hasn't won away in a year and a half or something? And we're on our way to Napoli! Will be a fucking miracle if we win. I just don't get why he was even chosen for the job if he hasn't won an away match in that long. His whole mindset with away games must be mess and it's probably transferring onto the players. Yeah I think he should have longer, but it's looking doubtful he'll stay now, and that he's starting to lose it a bit.

And I just don't think Agger thinks Roy will be here many more games anyway, so he doesn't really give a shit. I don't think that's right when other players still have to go out on the pitch for 90 mins, but we don't know what's actually happened with those two. Could've been a huge argument and fall out between them that was kept quiet.

Back on topic though... even if Hodgson puts Agger on the transfer list, who's gonna buy him considering he hasn't played?

I think lots of teams would because he is a very good player.