You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa press conference 19/10/2010

moof

Those stats are incredible, and the people that can't wait to have a dig at him really don't understand how far he took us.

It's shocking the lack of credit he gets, and it's baffling that the timescales of H&G's and Purslow's arrivals are labelled as coincidental.

Hermes - instead of the sly remarks and smartarse comments, how about telling us who you reckon would have done better in the circumstances.

Anyone would be doing better with this squad.

Oh wait.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was right that Rafa and the club parted ways in the summer. The situation as it was, was just in a downward spiral for both the club and Rafa.

Now, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. I really think he would come back too. Seeing him today doing the press conference for Inter made me wish he was back here. With some serious backing he could take us back to where we were. Watching the Everton game it really hit me hoe both of those goals would probably not have happened under Rafa's management.

Listening to Sky and other media saying how English managers never get the big jobs, and how they slated zonal marking. They got their wish and look where is has got us.

Benítez’s relationships with the co-owners and Rick Parry, the former chief executive, have sometimes been frosty, but the manager is quick to praise Christian Purslow, Parry’s successor. "Since Christian’s first day I know I’ve had his support, inside and outside the club," he said.

From Rafa's interview with Tony Evans, November 17, 2009

Oh how I laughed. considering he held out on his cotract for "total control" and now is bitching about it being someone elses fault.

Priceless.

"total control" is not worth shit when you have no power.

By power I mean money.

They said to him "sure, now you've got total control, by the way, you're getting zero money and you have to sell to buy and we may need some of that cash you generate to dig us out of the hole we put the club in".

Don't know about you lot but I'd just be getting out of nick if they told me that as I'd have kicked cunt out of them. He effectively signed a deal under false pretences, he got conned basically!

Those stats are incredible, and the people that can't wait to have a dig at him really don't understand how far he took us.

It's shocking the lack of credit he gets, and it's baffling that the timescales of H&G's and Purslow's arrivals are labelled as coincidental.

Hermes - instead of the sly remarks and smartarse comments, how about telling us who you reckon would have done better in the circumstances.

It's more down to the 'other' things he did that give people the right to have a dig at him.

He has a laundry list of bad things that he did to the club at the same fucking time.

Of course, that impressive list of achievements has an awful lot of 'player achievements' that we're throwing at his feet there. Screams of someone trying to glorify him.

And finally, it's naive to think that all the players at the club wanted to play under him.

Anyway.... I hope Inter beat Tottenham, because i loathe the idea of Tottenham playing in the Champions League.

Edited by Unrighteous

He probably keeps talking about us because he's having a game against an English team in the CL and is getting questioned about it. Journos are cheeky and nosy fuckers, if you hadn't noticed.

Rafa did very well until Gillett & Hicks arrived. After that, not so good.

Then we changed manager, and it's a fucking disaster.

I think there's a lesson in that.

So why didn't he just say guys I'm no longer at that club why don't we talk about where I currently I am and about tomorrows match?

I can't stand fucking Ferguson but he set his stall out before discussing Shrek and that was the end of it.

Seriously, so what?

How old is he? Hicks is a cunt who acts like a cunt. Why sink to his level? Does Rafa seriously think he has to justify himself because of one of the worst team-owners of modern times does not want to shoulder ANY of the blame for the state the club is in?

Equally, does the fact that Hicks blamed everthing on Rafa mean that Rafa is right to say that 'everything changed' when Purslow arrived?

Going from 2nd to 7th has NOTHING to do with the manager but EVERYTHING to do with the Managing Director? Maybe someone should tell Roy Hodgson. It's all Purslow's fault, lad, nothing to do with you or the players or anyone else.

It is just indicative of the way the club has been run. No-one takes responsibility for anything, even though all have SOME responsibility for what is going on.

Seriously, Benitez was a great manager for us, he is gone. A few people would not have a bad word said about him EVER, but will slag Carragher off for a few things done and, allegedly, said. A legend of 15 years service and a one-club man.

Benitez was great but he is no God. Time to move on.

Pretty much agree with these sentiments

I have a love/hate relationship with Rafa. Love him because i believe he really cares for the club/liverpool & his tactical knowledge. Hate him because he's really a control freak, Alonso(transfer). I believe it's time for him to go for his own good and for the club and i also believe he deserved our respect.

Why has that Ronnie 38 done a Tompkins copy and paste job?

Rafa Benitez: You're gone, get over it.

I'm guessing here, and I think it's important to say that I might be wrong, but I would suggest that he has done it because it's relevant to the argument?

Hermes has 2 accounts.

I love Rafa.

I like the milk saying too. I'll be using it in future.

86 points in 2nd. Then 7th. Rafa was suddenly a shit manager and had to be sacked. That's the truth.

Isn't it?

Believe what you want . . and people generally do.

Thanks for all the fish.

We look a million miles now from where Rafa had us as a team people dreaded getting in the CL draw - sadly he couldn't reproduce that form in the league.

He did a great deal for us but it was time to go and he should concentrate on Inter.

Except that he punched way above his weight in achiveing massive points totals in the league that would have won us 16 of our 18 league titles. Our competitors are very strong; rafa was not competing on an equal footing.

Im sorry but someone needs to explain this milk business to me. Maybe its cause Im American but I just dont get it.

Don't worry mate I'm English and I don't get it either. I guess it's what happens when you translate turns of phrase from their native language into another. A bit like when Toshack confused the Madrid press with his "pigs flying" comment.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Im sorry but someone needs to explain this milk business to me. Maybe its cause Im American but I just dont get it.

I'm sure they use the duck phrase over in america land.

He's saying if it looks like it all went to shit around the time purslow came in then it was probably purslow.