You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa press conference 19/10/2010

moof

F.C. Internazionale Milano

Have highlighted the bit you lot may find interesting..

APPIANO GENTILE - Rafael Benitez believes that Tottenham Hotspur will prove a different challenge from the side he encountered in the Premier League over the past six seasons.

"Tottenham have changed a lot since the last time I faced them," said the Inter coach in his pre-match press conference. "They have invested a lot of money and have improved a lot. They are an excellent team with energy, quality and hunger for victory. They will be hard to beat but we will try our best."

Benitez has included Esteban Cambiasso, Thiago Motta and Goran Pandev in his 21-player list for Wednesday's Champions League clash against Spurs. "If they are on the list, it means they can play. For how long? Tomorrow we have another workout and then we will decide. Maicon? He's the best attacking right-back in the world. He's improving and I am sure he will do better and better because he's working really hard in every training session.

"In our last game we played with three midfielders, but it wasn't a question of the tactical system. It was about the players and having a balanced team. Our defence is conceding very little and I'm obviously very happy. A team that doesn't concede goals will always be high up in the table."

At Cagliari on Sunday, Samuel Eto'o scored his twelfth goal in eleven games and Benitez was asked if Inter are too dependent on the Cameroon striker. "This team depended on Milito last year and won three titles, so if the same happened with Eto'o this year, I would be very happy," responded the Spaniard, who spoke briefly about his former club Liverpool.

"I prefer to concentrate on tomorrow's game, not talk about Liverpool," he said. "The only thing I can say is that I am very sorry for the fans. "We have a saying in Spanish that says 'white liquid in a bottle has to be milk'. This means that after 86 points and finishing second in the league, what changed? The Americans. They chose a new managing director who was involved in all the decisions and we changed everything that we were doing in the past. If you ask me what's going on it's simple - they changed some things and by the end they changed everything. White liquid in a bottle - milk. You know who to blame."

Benitez responded diplomatically when asked who he prefers out of Real Madrid and AC Milan coaches Mourinho and Allegri. "I obviously have great respect for both teams, they are both good coaches, but the teams are the most important thing. And I am here, very happy to be the coach of Inter. We will watch the match tonight and see. I'm not saying anything else."

A coach with tremendous Champions League experience, Benitez will lead out a team in Europe's top club competition for the 79th time tomorrow night. The most important of his previous 78 games? "I'll have to think a bit about that one... I don't think there's any need to say it. I think it was the best final possible, the most exciting one. I'm talking about Istanbul of course."

To conclude, Benitez commented on his former player Peter Crouch, who is now at Tottenham. "He was a good lad but Torres and Gerrard scored 55 goals so at this point it was difficult."

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa and Cantona should put on overcoats and hats and sit next to each other on a park bench, trading spy talk:

RAFA: The first snail to reach a lettuce leaf leaves the shortest trail.

CANTONA: Yes, and a squirrel worries least about its nuts on the sunniest day.

RAFA: But never go into the kitchen looking for some pepper, only to return with some salt.

CANTONA: To shake on some fish that's been cooked in...white wine sauce?

RAFA: On a square plate...that...Look, do you have a briefcase to give me or not?

Rafa and Cantona should put on overcoats and hats and sit next to each other on a park bench, trading spy talk:

RAFA: But never go into the kitchen looking for some pepper, only to return with some salt.

RAFA: On a square plate...that...Look, do you have a briefcase to give me or not?

Thats quality, no?:yes:

Wish I could still rep and that goes for most of this fellas posts .

Heh heh.

F.C. Internazionale Milano

"I prefer to concentrate on tomorrow's game, not talk about Liverpool," he said. "The only thing I can say is that I am very sorry for the fans. "We have a saying in Spanish that says 'white liquid in a bottle has to be milk'. This means that after 86 points and finishing second in the league, what changed? The Americans. They chose a new managing director who was involved in all the decisions and we changed everything that we were doing in the past. If you ask me what's going on it's simple - they changed some things and by the end they changed everything. White liquid in a bottle - milk. You know who to blame."

Oh how I laughed. considering he held out on his cotract for "total control" and now is bitching about it being someone elses fault.

Priceless.

I love rafa and would much rather have him back with a few bob to spend than most other names that get a mention. I really don't get all this anti rafa shite, he won us a couple of cups, getting to another final & stood up to the yanks & slur alex, and Had a a good dig at our blue friends. Giving us some of our best memories in recent times, Chelsea semis, juve, arsenal quarters, our derby record, Istanbul, Athens, Cardiff. The difference in attitude to when we won the uefa cup under houllier to when some on here actually wanted us to lose the semi v athletico coz the uefa cup

was 'beneath us' speaks volumes for the way rafa moved our club on. I'd didn't work

out last season but he deserves our fuckin respect so give it. It's a sign of the times and the shitness of our so called fans that a manager who achieved what he did doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Purslow must of bought Aqulani then and fell out wth Alonso and was single handedly responsible for winning fuck all for 4 seasons. And when was finishing second an achievement.

Fucking tosser !!

Whilst i can see the sense in most of your post the bit in bold is just plain silly.

I love rafa and would much rather have him back with a few bob to spend than most other names that get a mention. I really don't get all this anti rafa shite, he won us a couple of cups, getting to another final & stood up to the yanks & slur alex, and Had a a good dig at our blue friends. Giving us some of our best memories in recent times, Chelsea semis, juve, arsenal quarters, our derby record, Istanbul, Athens, Cardiff. The difference in attitude to when we won the uefa cup under houllier to when some on here actually wanted us to lose the semi v athletico coz the uefa cup

was 'beneath us' speaks volumes for the way rafa moved our club on. I'd didn't work

out last season but he deserves our fuckin respect so give it. It's a sign of the times and the shitness of our so called fans that a manager who achieved what he did doesn't get the respect he deserves.

All good points but they've been made a million times before, as has this one: history will judge Benitez well, regardless of the shit (still) being flung in his direction.