You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kop Faithful meeting with new owners

dave u

Just my opinion but I reckon the New stadium can be done for £250m, SOS got an estimate last year and it was about that, Hicks seemed to want to use a more expensive crowd, I wonder why eh? And labour and material costs have all dropped by at least 25% in last 3 years

Anyway if total cost is £250m, and we can get a £100m in naming rights and £25m in advance season ticket(10,000 each at £800 or so a pop is £8m and corporate box sales same process could raise another £13m), it brings it down to £125m, which is less than the intrest we paid since 2007 :wallbutt:

It's really frustrating, isn't it?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression the academy was starting to work well?

I would prefer to keep and redevelop Anfield. I am less a pragmatist and more, well, sentimental. Although it's been added to and changed a massive amount since I was a kid, I still feel connected to it.

However, I would find it very hard to accept it being called (as an example) McDonald's Stadium.

Well done to Al et al for great work.

I'm in favour of this KF/NESV relationship. But it needs to be clarified who is being represented and how this information is being gleaned.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Just my opinion but I reckon the New stadium can be done for £250m, SOS got an estimate last year and it was about that, Hicks seemed to want to use a more expensive crowd, I wonder why eh? And labour and material costs have all dropped by at least 25% in last 3 years

Anyway if total cost is £250m, and we can get a £100m in naming rights and £25m in advance season ticket(10,000 each at £800 or so a pop is £8m and corporate box sales same process could raise another £13m), it brings it down to £125m, which is less than the intrest we paid since 2007 :wallbutt:

Very sobering post of the mess we were in.

I'll hate it if they knock down Anfield, and I'll hate it even more if they sell naming rights on the new ground.

The only viable option would surely be to have it sponsored by these guys

"The Stanley Park Ground"

There has to be some compromise between sentiment and sense. £100m is a bunch. Call it Virgin stadium for all I care, as long as the savings/earnings are chanelled towards the club.

I'm with Al here. If we go to a new ground, I dont care what it's called if we can reduce the burden and increase what's available to the team. I see staying at anfield differently. but I got to be honest, if someone says we can stay, have the world class facilities we need and increase the capacity to the 60k+ we need and it makes economic sense, then I want to stay. And given the choice between anfield with some sponsors name and not anfield, I'd sooner stay where we are.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Virgin stadium wouldn't work as Roy ensures we get fucked every week.

*gets coat*

That's harsh: some weeks we have the International break.

I'll hate it if they knock down Anfield, and I'll hate it even more if they sell naming rights on the new ground.

The only viable option would surely be to have it sponsored by these guys

Tools_Blades_and_Drills%5CUtility_Knives_and_Blades%5CCPT9004-LR.jpg

"The Stanley Park Ground"

Failing that, get Ann Summers to sponsor it and call it 'Ann Field'.

*also gets coat*