You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tail between the legs time...

Staniola

Exactly....

for a club in dissary Roy was a 'safe pair of hands' while the sale was going througb

i wanted Kenny but he didn't want the job

so we looked for someone 'cheap' who could do a job - whilst not being the long term solution

Roy is well liked and quite well regarded but he's properly fucked up and needs to go

if money available in Jan then i don't want Roy spending it

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone in your office is doing a bad job and you are so stupid as to sack him and replace him with someone who has a track record of doing a worse job and he then goes on and does a diabolical job, you need sacking.

I believe in football, that just gets you a bigger bonus.

for a club in dissary Roy was a 'safe pair of hands' while the sale was going througb

so we looked for someone 'cheap' who could do a job - whilst not being the long term solution

Roy is well liked and quite well regarded but he's properly fucked up and needs to go

Are you for real.

Kenny did want the job. FACT

It cost us 8.5 million to get Hodgson in as manager. FACT

Roy is well liked and well regarded? I find that claim to be quite dubious. The usual LMA clique may think he's the Bees Knees, but there was no such consensus amongst our fanbase before he was appointed. I'd actually go so far as to say most of us went along with the 'he's a good guy' school of thought simply because we didn't really know any better. Having had 3 months of Hodgson as Liverpool manager, and numerous press conferences later, I can say quite categorically that I have very little affection for him.

You don't want Roy spending money in Jan? Why not? If he's here we should back him with funds. The cynic in me feels that we'll have no choice but to throw money at the situation we'll find ourselves in, if he's still managing us in January. But if the board is going to keep the faith, then of course they should back him in the transfer window.

Kenny did want the job. FACT

It cost us 8.5 million to get Hodgson in as manager. FACT

Roy is well liked and well regarded? I find that claim to be quite dubious. The usual LMA clique may think he's the Bees Knees, but there was no such consensus amongst our fanbase before he was appointed. I'd actually go so far as to say most of us went along with the 'he's a good guy' school of thought simply because we didn't really know any better. Having had 3 months of Hodgson as Liverpool manager, and numerous press conferences later, I can say quite categorically that I have very little affection for him.

You don't want Roy spending money in Jan? Why not? If he's here we should back him with funds. The cynic in me feels that we'll have no choice but to throw money at the situation we'll find ourselves in, if he's still managing us in January. But if the board is going to keep the faith, then of course they should back him in the transfer window.

Do you reckon we could call Fulham and ask if they wanna undo the deal?

Ye crowd of stupid twats, a handful on here could smell a rat last season.

Journalist where getting leaked negative stories deliberately to undermine the Manager.

I admit that Benitez took his eye off the ball last year,but in my opinion he deserved another season.

But it was rammed down our throats that a English Manager would fuck off zonal marking,rotation and be a fatherly figure to certain players that need "encouragement"

Benitez went because he wanted written assurance about transfer funding, Purslow's lapdog Bascombe was telling everyone that there was a £12m budget plus what could be generated from sales,again Bollocks!!!

That's why Rafa was forced out and was also the same reason why Kenny never got the job.

So all go and suck Purslow's cock because you all fell for his shite!!

It's Purslows and the board fault that we now lie joint bottom,because they replaced Benitez with Hodgson!!!!

Go to the 4 corners of the world and tell me another board that would sanction such a monumental cock up.

Well Christian the ship as well and truly been settled, right at the fuckin bottom of the Mersey!!!

And Christian what about the freshness about the training ground, you bullshitting Cunt

You reap what you sew

Ye crowd of stupid twats, a handful on here could smell a rat last season.

Journalist where getting leaked negative stories deliberately to undermine the Manager.

I admit that Benitez took his eye off the ball last year,but in my opinion he deserved another season.

But it was rammed down our throats that a English Manager would fuck off zonal marking,rotation and be a fatherly figure to certain players that need "encouragement"

Benitez went because he wanted written assurance about transfer funding, Purslow's lapdog Bascombe was telling everyone that there was a £12m budget plus what could be generated from sales,again Bollocks!!!

That's why Rafa was forced out and was also the same reason why Kenny never got the job.

So all go and suck Purslow's cock because you all fell for his shite!!

It's Purslows and the board fault that we now lie joint bottom,because they replaced Benitez with Hodgson!!!!

Go to the 4 corners of the world and tell me another board that would sanction such a monumental cock up.

You reap what you sew

Yep. And now it's going pear-shaped the journalists can just blame the 'previous regime' and accuse the fans of being impatient.

I can understand people wanting rid of Benitez but the manner in which it was done and, not to mention his replacement, should have those people questioning any footballing decision made by a board with Christian Purslow on it. Sorry, I know he's a ledge/legend/leg these days but I for one can't forget the shameful hounding of Benitez through the press when there were bigger fish to fry. Also, the revisionists should remember the part Bascombe played in it all.

Never thought he should have gone, but I respected people who gave constructed views as to why they think he should, even though I disagreed with them.

I just hope that maybe those people who claimed "anyone would do better with this team than Rafa" have seen the error in their ways.

i couldnt agree more

If someone in your office is doing a bad job and you are so stupid as to sack him and replace him with someone who has a track record of doing a worse job and he then goes on and does a diabolical job, you need sacking.

29nywix.png

You reap what you sew

mend_sweater_felt1-1.JPG

Good post by Durango.

I'd also like to add that the people who are saying 'it was right for Benitez to go' are out of their minds if they also think Hodgson should now be sacked.

Right time for Benitez to go was when we had new owners if we were still struggling. If we'd not sacked him in the summer, we'd be 8.5 million up and, if we were languishing second bottom, the owners could quite legitimately have ushered in a new manager without worrying about unsettling 'the Liverpool Way', which is obviously to give our managers time, and so we could cite that he's had six years, we feel it's time for a change, etc.

As it is, we've appointed the only manager we could get in the uncertain circumstances, one who was, predictably, befitting the club at the time that we sacked Benitez: under-performing and financially impoverished. He blatantly didn't suit the club even if he suited the circumstances, and now there's an element of pressure to keep him at the helm, because he's a media golden-boy, we don't sack our managers and having three managers in six months is hardly going to be good for building any kind of momentum or continuity.

The only reason it would retrospectively have been beneficial for Benitez to go is if people think that a) Hodgson has brought in good signings or b) Hodgson is the right man for the job. Otherwise, what difference would it make? If we still had Rafa now and were 19th, we'd still be looking to sack a manager. The only difference would be that it could be done with considerably less difficulty.

where does this: nice man, safe pair of hands bullshit come from?

Benitez should have stayed until new owners came in. No manager in england has done better than him during his reign with us except the managers of chelsea and united amd is that a fucking surprise?

I would have loved to have seen him with money and a good board, last season was horrible and he was in a bad place but i would only have got rid for a better option - not entirely sure there were any.

However we have to act quick imo.

I also hope fan power doesnt mean we end up like newcastle , tweeting for blood after every loss - we are still in such a bloody mess!