You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst Liverpool side

dravid

I have been watching Liverpool since 1953, today I witnessed the worst performance from a Liverpool team in a Derby match, including Liverpool Senior Cup matches against Everton. You cannot just blame Hodgson, Purslow, and Broughton chose him to be the Liverpool manager. They should take the majority of the blame, if Hodgson gets the sack , so should Purslow, anad Broughton.

The team is full of international players. Bar 1 or 2 it is the same team that finished second in the league 2 years ago.

They are being sent out on the pitch with no tactical gameplan.

It is 100% Roy's fault.

A decent manager can come in play with a plan and give torres some service, instead of coming out with tripe in his interview today saying he is low on confidence.

The team is full of international players. Bar 1 or 2 it is the same team that finished second in the league 2 years ago.

They are being sent out on the pitch with no tactical gameplan.

It is 100% Roy's fault.

A decent manager can come in play with a plan and give torres some service, instead of coming out with tripe in his interview today saying he is low on confidence.

This.........

Buck stops with the manager 100%.

Change is needed now.

I think people are fogetting the Roy Evans era when we only had three good players in Fowler, Macca and Redknapp, the rest of the squad was mostly shite. Fucking reshuffle after reshuffle, someone liks Steve Harkness would get a runout in centre-mid and do 'alright' and people would start thinking we'd finally found the right balance in the team, then he'd have a nightmare and McCateer would be tried there instead. Just shite.

We all knew he was not good enough to replace Rafa. Benitas had his faults, but he won trophies, Roy has won nothing, but Broughton, and Purslow chose him to repace Rafa , so they should take the blame for choosing him against the wishes of the majority of Liverpool supporters.

I went to watch my local sunday league side today in the carlsberg cup at bootle fc it kicked off the same time as the derby to be honest i'm glad i watched it, because it kills me to say this but i just dont enjoy watching us play right now obviously i was keeping an eye on the tv in the clubhouse and i was gutted when they scored (twice).Its the first time i haven't watched us this season,and we look clueless no pressing no idea's going forward most of all no plan "b"(sometimes there looks like no plan "a" either)Roy wasn't my first choice but i was willing to back him and give him a chance but im ashammed to admit it in October but its time Roy went we need a big name manager (we did when Rafa left)Liverpool is a massive club/challenge and it needs a certain type of manager to manage a club like us sorry but its not Roy.By the way well done Salisbury Athletic who won 4-2 and into the next round of the cup.

The buck has to stop with the manager,but he was unfortunate with some of the shit he inherited from Benitez.Besides Gerrard ,Reina and Torres the rest of the team is pretty average.Carragher is not a full back and never will be,Skrtel is a liability and always looks like he is going to give away a penalty or a free kick in a dangerous position as is the Greek.Three full backs who can't defend and no creativity from our midfield players who keep passing backwards and sideways.How we got in the position that the only cover we have for Torres is Ngog is unforgivable wether it be Benitez or Hodgson's fault is an utter disgrace.I'm watching Liverpool close on 34 years and I can say that this is one of the worst teams I can remember in that time.I could handle being second from bottom if we were having a go at teams but fuck me this is hard to take.I think it is going to be a long season.

Plenty of chairmen / boards have gotten it wrong managerially in the past - A damn sight more than have got it right, that's for sure! It would be ridiculous to focus on Broughton and co for who they appointed, because after fighting to purge the club of the cancers and find an adequate buyer, I don't think for one minute part of the plan was to send us to the bottom of the league.

I am very disappointed with Hodgson's tactics or lack of over the past few weeks,I really thought he would have learnt his lesson from the Blackpool game.

We cannot defend with the team we've got but we dont look too bad a side when we have a go at the opposition.

We lack pace yet Babel sits on the bench for 75 minutes and then comes on and drifts inside from the left,when he's so right footed and ditto Joe Cole.Jovanovic too,despite being left footed did the same.

Really poor but not the worst I've seen by a long way,although poor displays are becoming the norm lately.

Broughton, and Purslow made the wrong decision in appointing Hodgson, They had enough warnings from Liverpool supporters not to appoint him, so if he is sacked eventually, so should the people who have chose him for the job.

dont be so bloody stupid lad!

Martin, Ian and Christian, you did a great job selling the club and saving us from the depth of hell but, you hired Roy, so your fired!

dont be so stupid lad.

They are not footballing men and they did a great job making money and selling the club! Had Rafa not have gone power crazy then we wouldnt have needed a new manager!

Roys has done this and needs to go! doesnt mean that His employers need to go also!

In fairness you would think that hiring the "manager of the year" would be a good move...

:wallbutt:

Guest PurpleNose

In fairness you would think that hiring the "manager of the year" would be a good move...

:wallbutt:

Previous winners include Peter Reid and Alan Curbishley.

Just saying, like.