You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What happened with Torres and Carra?

LFC 6 Times

Won't be an issue, that. Do you think he'll hang around if the board don't allow senior players to run the rule over the prospective new manager? I love Carra but for all our sakes I hope they have more sense this time and we avoid another Roy situation.

I'm reminded of that story Thommo told recently of how Joe Fagan sent him on the other bus, devastated. Imagine Carra being on the receiving end of such a 'snub'? Of course players are more powerful nowadays but it's still disgraceful when they're reportedly telling their boss what they will and won't do - it does appear the club's been rotten right through during the Benitez years (however as Fowler and Carra's books testify, the English players were effectively picking Houllier's team towards the end, so it's not like our lads lack form for this kind of thing...)

Theres the rub, Carra, along with Stevie anf Mickey were 'consulted' by Parry about Rafas appointment IIRC. Owen did a runner in 5 minutes, Stevie twice considered it, then Carra put the knife in at the end.

Problem is, however this plays, there is a huge split in the camp and its going to take time and money to sort it, neither of which we have.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, this criticism of Torres is pissing me off big time.

He's been struggling with injuries for the past 2 seasons.

He comes back to the club during the summer after winning the World Cup, playing in a great team with great players, and courted by great clubs across Europe.

He commits to the club after promises of investment in the squad and new ownership. He now has the new ownership but the investment will have to wait a few months.

The strike partner everyone with a fuckin hole in their arse could see he needed desperately never arrived.

I can count on 1 hand the amount of out and out chances that have been created for him so far this season. Not scrappy half chances like those couple at Goodison, proper chances, the chances which he has proven time and time and time and time again he will bury 9 times out of 10.

He is isolated, and the support he receives is absolutely fucking non existant. He spends his whole match trying to wriggle away from at least 3 markers that follow him around the pitch like a hawk. Therefor he doesn't get a kick.

When he's frustrated at the total lack of service, he drops deep and pulls himself out wide to try and get himself in the game. He resorts to long winding runs because he knows that if he doesn't create something for himself, none of the other useless bastards will.

And despite all of the above, he hears fuckin gobshites like Redcrap shooting their mouth off on Sky about how "dis-interested" he is. Load of shite, that lads cares more than anyone else out there, that's why he is still here after 4 years without a trophy. He wants to make it work at this club.

He's watched Roy Hodgson, the respectable statesman of football and the English manager we desperately needed who was going to get the very best out of everyone, turn us in to a laughing stock. He's watched him deploy an abortional shithouse style of football, one which consists in playing no football whatsoever. He's now watching as we sit joint bottom of the fucking table.

He knows that if he doesn't get the goals, no one else will. And he knows that his only line of service is hoofed sand-wedge from the two centre backs whilst he has two grock center halfs marking him at all times.

The only man who has ever got him scoring consistently in his career, who knew how to play him and how to build a team around his qualities, is Rafa Benitez. FACT.

Our use and waste of Fernando Torres is an absolute disgrace. It's like paying Gordon Ramsey 100k a week to be your personal chef when all you want to eat is beans on toast. He is the best striker in the world on his day, being used to play a pub team style of football.

I can 100% understand why the lad is pissed off and frustrated, and if he wants to shush a Carra bollocking because he refused to chase down another fuckin hoof then that's fine by me.

Aye, good post mate.

Fair enough, if thats how you see it.

For me, the criticisms of Rafa were the same from the same group of local lads, who we know have access to Carra, as from the board members and press who hounded Rafa out of a job.

Carra was clearly speaking out of turn to people, those people in turn passed this onto the small inner sanctum of people who frequent this forum.

I questioned it several times last season, why is it that only those in and around certain people on here are calling Rafa a C*nt ? Why werent the OOTs saying it ? WE all know who they are, they happen to be the regulars on here, no wonder this site was seen as out of touch by many other reds fans.

Well its clear, its as it all came from Carra and people, rightly or wrongly, listened to Carra as he's a local leg etc, unfortunalty, Carra legs have gone, he's in the team on reputation and has backed a loser in Roy.

Bottom line is Ince was wrong to brief against Houllier, Carra was wrong to brief against Rafa. Considering Rafa was supposed to be a cunt, Carras words, then what does that make Carra ? Given it was Rafa who turned Carra from the fans boo boy utility defender to a top central defender, great loyalty from Carra there.

TBH I don't think we're saying much different just a question of who was providing the fuel for the fire versus who was igniting it versus who was fanning the flames.

Fair enough, if thats how you see it.

For me, the criticisms of Rafa were the same from the same group of local lads, who we know have access to Carra, as from the board members and press who hounded Rafa out of a job.

Carra was clearly speaking out of turn to people, those people in turn passed this onto the small inner sanctum of people who frequent this forum.

I questioned it several times last season, why is it that only those in and around certain people on here are calling Rafa a C*nt ? Why werent the OOTs saying it ? WE all know who they are, they happen to be the regulars on here, no wonder this site was seen as out of touch by many other reds fans.

Well its clear, its as it all came from Carra and people, rightly or wrongly, listened to Carra as he's a local leg etc, unfortunalty, Carra legs have gone, he's in the team on reputation and has backed a loser in Roy.

Bottom line is Ince was wrong to brief against Houllier, Carra was wrong to brief against Rafa. Considering Rafa was supposed to be a cunt, Carras words, then what does that make Carra ? Given it was Rafa who turned Carra from the fans boo boy utility defender to a top central defender, great loyalty from Carra there.

Thanks for saying that. I thought I was the only one willing to call out the ruling clique on TLW. They have not banned me yet, but they bury any thread I start and stamp their tiny feet with negging games and abusive PMs.

Dave Usher and some of his mates not only relish and propagate the gossip that Carragher feeds them (and to a lesser extent Gerrard) but they also keep in touch with Bascombe who relies almost entirely on Carragher as his "senior source". Actually he should really refer to him as his "client" since he is also his paid biographer.

Look at Usher and some of the inner group onTLW defend Carragher and Bascombe! The day will come when Carragher will be fully exposed for what he has done to the club. I hope TLW steps forward and accepts its responsibility for being his front and allowing him to do his dirty work anonymously.

Its clear to anyone who has been paying attention to the TLW sponsored campaign against Rafa.

If there is white liquid in a bottle its probably milk.