You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What happened with Torres and Carra?

LFC 6 Times

Carra had no options (surprise, surprise) so he played it down the line where he expected Torres to make a run to show for the ball. Carra screamed at him for not moving.

Carra was utter shite on the ball today. He panicked virtually every time he got the ball. Lack of options obviously doesn't help but he had a few wild swings even when he wasn't under much pressure.

Its one side of Jaime's game that pisses me off and frustrates me becuase he's shown before he has the composure and ability to start off moves from the back and even come out of the defence into midfield.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Carra is happy with the Englishman.

I hope he's happy with his new contract.

Did anyone on here actually see this?

If it's what I remember Carra having a go at Torres for (if not there was more than one incident) then Torres shied out of a header that Carra had delicately played forward for him. The type that Babel gets shit for. The type that Torres seems to be doing more and more.

What is all this stuff about Carragher forcing Benitez out and picking the team? I seen a few poster allude to it now

I think it's alluding to, firstly, the Sunderland game where he was asked to play right-back and then after the game, by coincidence, Bascombe unleashed a shitstorm on Rafa for playing him there, and secondly, to the fact that they didn't like each other come the end of Rafa's reign and that he was happy to see him go. Don't know about forcing him out but I'd imagine there were a few senior players happy to influence change if they could.

I think it's alluding to, firstly, the Sunderland game where he was asked to play right-back and then after the game, by coincidence, Bascombe unleashed a shitstorm on Rafa for playing him there, and secondly, to the fact that they didn't like each other come the end of Rafa's reign and that he was happy to see him go. Don't know about forcing him out but I'd imagine there were a few senior players happy to influence change if they could.

Not the 'Liverpool Way' now is it?

Lost a hell lot of respect for Jamie once I heard about that.

Not the 'Liverpool Way' now is it?

Lost a hell lot of respect for Jamie once I heard about that.

At the end of the day, every player is out for looking after himself. I suppose, who can blame them, that is modern day football for you.

Misunderstanding - Torres was expecting Carragher to do the usual with his pace and leg it further upfield, get in behind the defence, as is Roy's preference and make a beautifully measuredpass into the box.

Instead he missed speedy hoofing the ball and got a much deserved bollocking from the best RB in the business for being indifferent. Carra then phoned his media buddies at half time to make sure they backed him up and get a few digs in at Torres.

Always loved his passion for the club, but think he overstepped the mark with Arbeloa at West Brom last game of 2008/9 and our team spirit seems to have disappeared in the intervening period.

That was one of those heat of the moment things, it was forgotten straight away. Arbeloa posted something on twitter on the day of Carra's testimonial, something long the lines of "good luck today mate, I miss your shouts!"

Fans always read more into that kind of thing than players. The players generally forget it as soon as the game is finished. That kind of thing happens every week at TLW footy, but none of us bear any grudges afterwards. Except towards Woo, the crying cunt. And that cheat Seraf.

That was one of those heat of the moment things, it was forgotten straight away. Arbeloa posted something on twitter on the day of Carra's testimonial, something long the lines of "good luck today mate, I miss your shouts!"

Fans always read more into that kind of thing than players. The players generally forget it as soon as the game is finished. That kind of thing happens every week at TLW footy, but none of us bear any grudges afterwards. Except towards Woo, the crying cunt. And that cheat Seraf.

The Arbeloa thing is good to hear , didn't know that.

I still think we don't look as much of a 'team' as practically any other squad in the Prem though. Yesterday for instance you could see the collective effort and 'one-ness' of Everton whereas we just looked like a bunch of strangers.