You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

To Good To Go Down??

norwichlfc

The usual crowd Dion and Evan Fanning and once again roberts gloating at us been beaten during the game, Roberts with another Beaut implying the Arteta goal would'nt have happened with Zonal marking! We were shite no arguments and Hodgson has alot to do with it but FFS these are the comments you have to hear from "Professionals"

On the overwhelming evidence we've seen, then Hodgson is taking us into the Championship - no question. What's he been here for now - 4 months?

I haven't seen one game I've been impressed with throughout his reign. There's absolutely no shape or structure - particularly defensively, players are confused and disinterested, and we certainly never look like we're going to score a goal.

I don't like calling for managers heads - but he's left us no choice. He's got to go before the situation becomes irreversible.

Mr Henry, NESV, you said you would listen to the fans. Please listen to this, you must get rid of Roy now if you really want to succeed as you say you do.

This is not 'knee jerk' , this is a plea to keep us from relegation. because with this guy in charge we will go down of that i have no doubt whatsoever.

Losing is a habit. And we are in that habit. Our best players aren't used to this and don"t have the heart it seems to get us out the longer this goes on.

Don't get blase that we have 30 games or so left. This needs addressing immediately. If we are in the bottom three by Christmas, I wouldn't put money on us getting out of it.

If we had gotten that point deduction, I would have been gravely concerned after today's result.

Forget Europa league - we can do without the distraction.

Even with no signings in January we will finish in the top half, probably top 8. However, there are several players who are playing regularly in the first team who are not good enough for the Premiership. They have to go in January even if it means paying off their contracts.

Anyone who thinks this began with Hodgson is kidding themselves - we have been woeful for well over a year now, and it's time that we fans recognised just how poor a squad we have. EWe're also missing Mascherano, by far opur best player last year. Some utterly shocking signings over the past few years, and that includes the ageing dross that Hodgson has gone for. With players like Lucas, Kyriagos, Jovanovic, Poulsen, Konchesky, Babel and - i think worst of all Maxi Rodriguez, then we are looking at the Championship. For years we've vcarried one or two bad players - think of Pennant, Zenden, Josemi, etc even in the Rafa glory years of 2005-7, But when the bad players outweigh the good, it's worrying, and you can't disguise it any longer. We're bad enough to go down, make no doubt.

And I'm afraid we also have a manager who is unable to get these players playing above themselves. Hate to say it, but I think only kenny can save us this season.

Anyone who thinks this began with Hodgson is kidding themselves - we have been woeful for well over a year now, and it's time that we fans recognised just how poor a squad we have.

It didn’t start with him, but things have got much, much worse since he arrived. We were ‘underachieving’ last year when we finished 7th, now we’re in the relegation zone. Is the squad one of the worst in the league? Clearly not.

It didn’t start with him, but things have got much, much worse since he arrived.

Agreed. Rather than stem our decline, he's accelerated it. Anyonw who thinks Poulsen, Konchesky and Joe Cole are the answer to our woes is clearly not capable of seeing the bigger picture. I'm sorry to say that we look like Leeds at the end of the O'Leary reign now.

No it isn't. But no team in the top half would have Lucas, Maxi, Ngog or Babel in a squad for a Premier league game. That is what we have in the team and on the bench.

Players like that are a reason that we’d struggle to get into the top 4, not the reason we’re in the relegation zone.

Agreed. Rather than stem our decline, he's accelerated it. Anyonw who thinks Poulsen, Konchesky and Joe Cole are the answer to our woes is clearly not capable of seeing the bigger picture. I'm sorry to say that we look like Leeds at the end of the O'Leary reign now.

We’re not where we should be (challenging for titles) for a number of reasons, morale, players out of form, the previous owners, the previous manager, squad that isn’t up to much. However, the reason we’re in the relegation zone is that we sacked a manager and replaced him with somebody far worse. The ship was leaking water before, now we’ve capsized.

Rubbish.

It's not complete rubbish though, is it? How many of those players - and many more - would get into, say, the Everton or Sunderland sides, let alone a 'top four' team? EVERY club has one or two weak links, whom - as you say in your response - can be carried through a season. Unfortunately we have half a starting XI of them, and that's the problem.