You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

HKS Ground design, what now?

lifetime fan

Don't understand why the hell anybody would want the HK design, or for that matter, a re-designed Anfield.

1. The HK design, apart from the 18,000 Kop, looked like something a pissed up Ikea designer would build.

2. No chance of doing Anfield up. Has been looked into so many times before. Not going to happen. Would cost so much money to try and buy all the houses up, knock them down, relocate power, water and electricty supplies, thats if you can get people to move.

Like it or not, seroiusly people, we need, yes need a new stadium.

Had a chance years ago to do either of these, but guess what? We fucked up massively. Didn't do either. Now we have a chance to do the right thing. Not many clubs get a 2nd chance. We have.

Everton can fuck off if they think they can cling on to our coat tails.

Seriously hope we get it right this time.

Oh yeah. Took me ages to type this after shite loads of Budvar Budweiser. Stick your shite Budweiser up your arse!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand why the hell anybody would want the HK design, or for that matter, a re-designed Anfield.

1. The HK design, apart from the 18,000 Kop, looked like something a pissed up Ikea designer would build.

2. No chance of doing Anfield up. Has been looked into so many times before. Not going to happen. Would cost so much money to try and buy all the houses up, knock them down, relocate power, water and electricty supplies, thats if you can get people to move.

Had a chance years ago to do either of these, but guess what? We fucked up massively. Didn't do either. Now we have a chance to do the right thing. Not many clubs get a 2nd chance. We have.

Oh yeah. Took me ages to type this after shite loads of Budvar Budweiser. Stick your shite Budweiser up your arse!

I prefer the pissed up IKEA designer, he isn't so condescending.

I'd like the 3 sides of The Millenium Stadium with a single tier Kop at the other end

Cheap seats at the top, corporate on the middle section with boxes all the way round the three sides as well with a mix of middle priced and family tickets on the bottom tier

It's not just the stadium though is it, it's all the parking and other transport that needs boxing. Always liked the idea of that train link. Would be great if that was a goer, be good for the area that as well

Why has all this talk of redevelopment been brought up again? I thought it simply wasn't a goer, not even possible if we wanted to?

That was the gospel according to Parry.

And we know it's feasible as us staging a world cup game depended on either a redeveloped Anfield or a new stadium, both of which were guaranteed to Lord Mawhinney.

Whether it be redevelopment or new stadium. The key thing has to be increased revenue, without it we will struggle to compete with the other top teams in the league.

Some people have mentioned all the untapped commercial possibilites out there which is all fine but thing is our rivals will continue to exploit those resources too. Not sure but I think I remember reading we make around 50 million a year in matchday revenue whilst the mancs and arsenal make almost double that. Chelsea make something like 70 million from their stadium(how the fuck i really dont know, must be ticket prices)

Whatever route we go down we need to be making alot more than we are now.

I'd like the Henry & Co. to give us the pro's and con's for both ideas and to discuss it openly with the fans.

Until then, I honestly cannot give a proper answer to which is the better option.

My initial feeling is that if we are limited with re-developing Anfield, then the new stadium will have to be built.

As for the corporate boxes debate, we would fill them no problem. Sometimes I wonder if people understand how much support we actually have.

65-66 k is what I'd be happy with long-term. I just hope Anfield could be expanded to that.

anfield could defo be re-developed to 65-67000

The main stand and the anny road, twice the size they are now. job done.

Do you seriously think the equipment needed to redevelop those stands could fit in the current footprint.

Not a hope in hell.

At least 1-2 rows of houses surrounding Anfield would have to go first, thats even if the residents are willing to shift!

The work would be so extensive we couldn't hold matches there for safety reasons and would have to move into Woodison until the job is done. Their rent would be extortionate (they're not really gonna do us any favours are they?!) plus they'd get a cut of our gate!

How many peole would be happy with that?

If possible stay at Anfield, HK design thought was great (seen 2 designs that and a Parry bowl type thing), shared stadium a complete no, look on bluekipper or any bitter forum, speak to the bitters you know, those fuckers would have had street parties if we'd have gone bankrupt.

Do you seriously think the equipment needed to redevelop those stands could fit in the current footprint.

Not a hope in hell.

At least 1-2 rows of houses surrounding Anfield would have to go first, thats even if the residents are willing to shift!

The work would be so extensive we couldn't hold matches there for safety reasons and would have to move into Woodison until the job is done. Their rent would be extortionate (they're not really gonna do us any favours are they?!) plus they'd get a cut of our gate!

How many peole would be happy with that?

You wouldnt have to move to Woodison.

You start the day after the season finishes, work all summer and start the season with three or four aways.

The equipment would easily fit.

Pull the maine stand back to the perimeter of the car park behind it, have the car park and the walk through under neath it.

Do one stand at a time.

Why has all this talk of redevelopment been brought up again? I thought it simply wasn't a goer, not even possible if we wanted to?

It probably still isn't. NESV just want to have a look and not go completely by a decision made by the former owners.

Unless my memory fails me, the maximum Anfield could be expanded to was 55k, and that at quite a cost and without the amount excecutive boxes a new stadium would bring.

Which is why I think NESV will build a new one, rather then redevelop Anfield. It is hugely important to realize the full financial potential of the club when you're investing hundreds of millions of pounds in a stadium.

Totally agree with that it's a redeveloped Anfield for me. Although if that's ruled out then we need a new ground on our own. There's a lot of noise about a groundshare at the moment and the new owners need to be strong and blow it out of the water quickly. Basically tell the coucil and Everton to shove it up their arse.

I think the focus of all Liverpool fans groups now, needs to be to get across to the new owners how much we're against the idea of a groundshare.

There is no problem with letting the owners know how we feel. However, I would like to see it done in the context that we are very pleased to have a financially sound club and if the owners do decide to do it, then we would respectfully accept that decision if it was based on sound and prudent management of the clubs resources, allowing us to strive forward on the field and bring us back some glory.

For me, I am seeing things through fresh eyes. I love this club and maybe now we should look at what is financially the best option. Two weeks ago I thought that we might become the next Leeds UTD.

I won't start hating John Henry if we do ground share.

There is no problem with letting the owners know how we feel. However, I would like to see it done in the context that we are very pleased to have a financially sound club and if the owners do decide to do it, then we would respectfully accept that decision if it was based on sound and prudent management of the clubs resources, allowing us to strive forward on the field and bring us back some glory.

For me, I am seeing things through fresh eyes. I love this club and maybe now we should look at what is financially the best option. Two weeks ago I thought that we might become the next Leeds UTD.

I won't start hating John Henry if we do ground share.

You maybe but an awful lot of people would. The thought of groundsharing with those bitter fucks makes my stomach churn.

You maybe but an awful lot of people would. The thought of groundsharing with those bitter fucks makes my stomach churn.

As an individual idea, ground share would nt be on my list of happy thoughts either. But in the context of these last three years I think it would show us up if we started campaigns and shit chants at the game when we don't get what we want.

Not a problem with what you said mate, its just a perspective.

I'd like the 3 sides of The Millenium Stadium with a single tier Kop at the other end

Cheap seats at the top, corporate on the middle section with boxes all the way round the three sides as well with a mix of middle priced and family tickets on the bottom tier

like i said earlier thats roughly what you get with the 2nd afl design.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This encapsulates what I want to say. Although, we need to get these guys on the new design. They'll come up with a way to implement a kop that doesn't look like a baby with stickle bricks.