You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

HKS Ground design, what now?

lifetime fan

Current Anfield would never be full if we charged London prices.

Liverpool should be planning for its target audience. While maximising profits is a main aim it shouldn't be ignored that current ticket prices are really extending many match going fans. Personally i'd like to see a section of a redeveloped Anfield that has ticket prices around the £20 bracket.

Exactly. The only way to keep up the profits and keep the ticket prices down is to allow a lot more people to come in.

London is a different ball game altogether. Moreover, Arsenal had a good financing plan which involved major real estate development at Highbury that covered a lot of their costs. How feasible is such a thing for us? Is the Anfield area a real estate hot bed?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange, people have these ideas about us being the best supported club in the world, the most successful. They have short, medium and long term ideas about our success and how we should be winning and dominating leagues while keeping in touch and not pricing out supporters.

The minute you bring up a new stadium it switches to not being able to fill it, we're not corporate enough up north we don't want the debt.

Developing anfield is a short term solution that will still cost alot of money (40 - 45 million for 7800 extra seats at old Trafford, pretty much a years profit for us without taking into account 6 months to a year of reduced income for the reduced capacity). The footprint and infrastructure at anfield simply isn't big enough for us to be able to keep ticket prices relatively low and stay competitive.

An international brand/football club and youre talking about local businesses.

I'm not talking about local businesses, I'm talking about businesses which have a presence in the area. There's a big difference. For example, why would a bank in the City of London with no presence in Liverpool decide to take their clients to Liverpool FC to wine and dine them, whent they've got plenty of choices in London. Same goes for businesses in Manchester.

how? he's backed it up with evidence. Your's is merely guesswork

How has he backed it with evidence? sayign that there isnt demand for a corporate box for a game against Blackburn when we are in relegation spots ?

Using the same logic we shouldnt be building a new stadium with increased capacity if we dotn sell out every game.

After watching Hick interview of him sitting in front of HKS stadium, I'd rather we start from scratch. Either a new set of plans or a redeveloped Anfield.

If we did go a head with the HKS design, I'd bet the Hicks would attempt to use this to bolster up any forthcoming legal action.

Also every time I read "HKS" I see HICKS.

I'm not talking about local businesses, I'm talking about businesses which have a presence in the area. There's a big difference. For example, why would a bank in the City of London with no presence in Liverpool decide to take their clients to Liverpool FC to wine and dine them, whent they've got plenty of choices in London. Same goes for businesses in Manchester.

Actually having worked for similar businesses ie the banks/law firms. A lot of them have purchased corporate boxes at old trafford having no links to the area. Obviously it is a fickle world and depends on success. in our case gettign back into champions league.

How has he backed it with evidence? sayign that there isnt demand for a corporate box for a game against Blackburn when we are in relegation spots ?

Using the same logic we shouldnt be building a new stadium with increased capacity if we dotn sell out every game.

Do you honestly believe we could attract the same level of corporate business as Arsenal and Man Utd?

I've just gone over to .tv to have a refresher on the proposed new stadium. It's fucking awesome isn't it? Modern, but also unique and it has character. I voted for redevelopment of Anfield last week and i'd be equally happy with that, but just imagine this beast being built and full every week! The Kop looks awesome:

Gallery - Liverpool FC

Do you honestly believe we could attract the same level of corporate business as Arsenal and Man Utd?

We managed to trick a Bank to give us one of the biggest sponsorship deals in the world.

And we've doubled or tripled the number of corporate sponsors we had

Actually having worked for similar businesses ie the banks/law firms. A lot of them have purchased corporate boxes at old trafford having no links to the area. Obviously it is a fickle world and depends on success. in our case gettign back into champions league.

Of course its fickle. But I can't imagine that we'd attract the level of business from London or Manchester to make it worth while, especially when the same product is on their doorstep. For me the only way we'd have a chance of competing is target Irish businesses.

I honestly believe that you bring back the big champions league european nights at anfield and they will come. All depends on our success on the pitch.

We had the momentum when we won the CL and then we reached the final two years later.

We managed to trick a Bank to give us one of the biggest sponsorship deals in the world.

And we've doubled or tripled the number of corporate sponsors we had

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. The last owners obviously thought the business was there as plans for the 60,000 seater stadium only included another 5,000 season tickets so you can guess where they were putting their eggs.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. The last owners obviously thought the business was there as plans for the 60,000 seater stadium only included another 5,000 season tickets so you can guess where they were putting their eggs.

Every club is going to make sure there's a healthy mix of 'new' business every game because non regulars will spend far more on match day than a season ticket holder will.

I honestly believe that you bring back the big champions league european nights at anfield and they will come. All depends on our success on the pitch.

We had the momentum when we won the CL and then we reached the final two years later.

CL nights wouldn't be a problem as there's not the same competition. But would those extra boxes get filled for league games at the weekend when the same product is on offer all over the country? I'm not so sure.

I think if they lowered ticket prices, it would only be a few pounds. There is simply too much money lost.

A £10 ticket price decrease, on a 65,000, would see a £200,000 profit over Anfield per match. Of course, concessions would be a lot higher.

I think that, at best, we'd be looking at a decrease to £35/36. I highly doubt they'll drop the price though, unless we had trouble filling it for a year.

CL nights wouldn't be a problem as there's not the same competition. But would those extra boxes get filled for league games at the weekend when the same product is on offer all over the country? I'm not so sure.

Thats the point...it's not the same product. It's liverpool..the most successful club in England.

Thats the point...it's not the same product. It's liverpool..the most successful club in England.

Maybe you're right. But I think most of the people who go on the corporate tickets don't give a flying a fuck who they're watching as long as someone else is picking up the tab for the food and drinks.

I think if they lowered ticket prices, it would only be a few pounds. There is simply too much money lost.

A £10 ticket price decrease, on a 65,000, would see a £200,000 profit over Anfield per match. Of course, concessions would be a lot higher.

I think that, at best, we'd be looking at a decrease to £35/36. I highly doubt they'll drop the price though, unless we had trouble filling it for a year.

If anything, the prices will go up.

But I don't understand why the council want it either. Surely two new, state of the art stadiums, housing two famous football teams is a better draw for people who visit the city and a greater source of pride? They'd be selling the city short by throwing us both in the same place.

votes - plain and simple

The prices are expected to go up. Given the fact that NESV increased ticket prices at Boston Red Sox, it is likely that prices will go up here too.

The fans cannot expect NESV to spend money in the transfer market and not increase the ticket prices. The current money generated by matchday sales is not enough for us to compete in the transfer market. As new stadium plans aren't going to start anytime soon, the only way would be is to have higher ticket prices .