You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

HKS Ground design, what now?

lifetime fan

I like the HKS design and would love to see it happen but, as was pointed out to me last week, it may not be the best thing for us to do at this precise time.

From what I understand, the level of manageable debt we have now, costs us between 2 and 3 million a year in interest. If we went ahead with the HKS Stanley Park Stadium, how much do people think we'd get for naming rights? How much would the build cost us, Would NESV be likely to put any of their money into it and what kind of interest will we be paying on the loan we'd undoubtedly need? Also, realistically how much revenue could we expect from more bums on seats each year?

There are different types of debt.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Redevelop Anfield.

Liverpool isn't London, imo there simply isn't the demand for loads of corporate boxes. You can't compare either a potential new stadium or a redeveloped Anfield with the Emirates. Totally different rules down there and clients / 'supporters'

Totally agree with that it's a redeveloped Anfield for me. Although if that's ruled out then we need a new ground on our own. There's a lot of noise about a groundshare at the moment and the new owners need to be strong and blow it out of the water quickly. Basically tell the coucil and Everton to shove it up their arse.

I think the focus of all Liverpool fans groups now, needs to be to get across to the new owners how much we're against the idea of a groundshare.

Redevelop Anfield.

Liverpool isn't London, imo there simply isn't the demand for loads of corporate boxes. You can't compare either a potential new stadium or a redeveloped Anfield with the Emirates. Totally different rules down there and clients / 'supporters'

I don't agree. It's not about the area but the team. Our fan base is a lot bigger that Arsenal's will ever be and we could fill all our corporate boxes no matter how many we had in the ground.

What I never get is why Liverpool (the city) is the only place that a groundshare is mooted? London, Manchester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Bristol and Sheffield, none of these ever have this problem. Why is it that Liverpool doesn't have either enough land or capital to build new stadiums?

I don't agree. It's not about the area but the team. Our fan base is a lot bigger that Arsenal's will ever be and we could fill all our corporate boxes no matter how many we had in the ground.

I don't think there's the same level of corporate business to be had, simply because we don't have the same concentration of businesses in the area.

There's plenty of corporate packages still available for next week against Blackburn.

Agree with that. even if they are only fully taken up for the bigger games thats where the big money is.

Current Anfield would never be full if we charged London prices.

Liverpool should be planning for its target audience. While maximising profits is a main aim it shouldn't be ignored that current ticket prices are really extending many match going fans. Personally i'd like to see a section of a redeveloped Anfield that has ticket prices around the £20 bracket.

What I never get is why Liverpool (the city) is the only place that a groundshare is mooted? London, Manchester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Bristol and Sheffield, none of these ever have this problem. Why is it that Liverpool doesn't have either enough land or capital to build new stadiums?

For me, it's because the local council have been pushing for it for years as well as one of the potential tenants. We've been the only stumbling block to this for a number of years, apart from when Everton fantasised about moving to Kirkby.

It's been mentioned loads here mate.

Would never ever work as both sets of fans fucking loathe each other.

For me, it's because the local council have been pushing for it for years as well as one of the potential tenants. We've been the only stumbling block to this for a number of years, apart from when Everton fantasised about moving to Kirkby.

Not forgetting their Big King's Dock Adventure!

I think you'll find they do. They've been selling a number of boxes well below normal price to fill them in the last few years. Also the prices of them at Old Trafford & tickets in general are much lower than that of the Emirates (pretty much £10-20 per adult head on average)

There's a specific reason for that, one that we've disposed of this week.

But I don't understand why the council want it either. Surely two new, state of the art stadiums, housing two famous football teams is a better draw for people who visit the city and a greater source of pride? They'd be selling the city short by throwing us both in the same place.

My mate is an architect and said the HKS design was a laughing stock amongst architecture circles. He said the design and images produced were of a poor standard that you would expect better from a 1st year uni student. It was obvious that design was never going to built.

We were never going to build that sucker.

But I don't understand why the council want it either. Surely two new, state of the art stadiums, housing two famous football teams is a better draw for people who visit the city and a greater source of pride? They'd be selling the city short by throwing us both in the same place.

I don't know mate it doesn't make sense, but they're pushing this again.

Talking of the design itself I agree with Dicko in that internally it was all wrong. Externally I really liked it as a design and is very different from the regulation bowl designs that all clubs are going for. Internally the seating structure and the wide open spaces would have caused big problems.

In terms of whether to develop Anfield or build a new stadium I think the council are going to have a big say as one of the major factors of getting planning permission to do anything stadiumwise was that Anfield be turned into 'Anfield Plaza' which was aimed at helping in redevelopment of the wider area providing jobs etc. I've got a feeling that though a lot will be said about redevelopment ultimately we'll end up in Stanley Park.