You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

HKS Ground design, what now?

lifetime fan

After watching Hick interview of him sitting in front of HKS stadium' date=' I'd rather we start from scratch. Either a new set of plans or a redeveloped Anfield.

If we did go a head with the HKS design, I'd bet the Hicks would attempt to use this to bolster up any forthcoming legal action.

Also every time I read "HKS" I see HICKS.[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised if G&H didn't still own the copyright in all the design work and want paying for it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TesticleOReilly
I wouldn't be surprised if G&H didn't still own the copyright in all the design work and want paying for it.

They've already been paid several times over with the £50M (ahem, cough) stadium costs from their (ahem, cough) own pocket.

HKS were told, we have 240 million for a stadium can you design one, the design they come back with cost £500 million!! the club (parry and gillett at the time) then got in touch with the architect the club already have a relationship with think they are called AFL and invited them to tender for it (telling them their budget) and they came back with a design for £280 mill.

So the argument stated about why Hicks was sotied into HKS, turns out he owed them work from failed plans in Brazil.

Anyway I would like to think the owners would have a full look into redeveloping anfield, SOS have already had two architect companies look into a redevelopment and i am sure if we speak to the new owners it will be something that is raised.

That's funny.

How did the costings work out for the Anfield re-development?

What I never get is why Liverpool (the city) is the only place that a groundshare is mooted? London, Manchester, Nottingham, Birmingham, Bristol and Sheffield, none of these ever have this problem. Why is it that Liverpool doesn't have either enough land or capital to build new stadiums?

Fair point, West Ham and Spurs are both competing for the Olympic Stadium, the prospect of them sharing it has never been mentioned

I did say the original HKS design, that is the watered down money saving diet version.

It's irrelevant, both have the same structure inside. If we build a 60,000 seater stadium we'll have a stadium with three sides and be a laughing stock.

All the money saved was from the outside and concourse with the skyway being omitted and no underground carparking.

Besides which, because of the way they've structured the roof the pitch would receive no light and need relaying every few months.

I thought the original HKS Anfield was designed as a 60,000 seater, but we would apply for permission to extend it to the upper limit during construction, putting a second tier onto the away end. I don't agree with this idea we would be a laughing stock just because the away end would have been smaller than the other stands anyway

I thought the original HKS Anfield was designed as a 60,000 seater, but we would apply for permission to extend it to the upper limit during construction, putting a second tier onto the away end. I don't agree with this idea we would be a laughing stock just because the away end would have been smaller than the other stands anyway

The away end is the size of the paddock. It would look ridiculous.

As for the 73,000 version, unless Liverpool are prepared to commit millions in a new transport infrastructure which will include building a new station and maintaining a derelict railway line then I think that's a non starter.

newanfieldfz4.jpg

Shite, we'd be a fucking laughing stock.

Besides all the fucking atmosphere would be totally lost with the big glass fronted wide open spaces.

It's irrelevant, both have the same structure inside. If we build a 60,000 seater stadium we'll have a stadium with three sides and be a laughing stock.

All the money saved was from the outside and concourse with the skyway being omitted and no underground carparking.

Besides which, because of the way they've structured the roof the pitch would receive no light and need relaying every few months.

No they don't have the same structure inside, thats why I pointed it out when you made the comment about three stands.

Look at the link Gallery - Liverpool FC pictures 5,7 and 16 show the stand opposite the kop.

Slightly different to yours wouldn't you say?

No they don't have the same structure inside, thats why I pointed it out when you made the comment about three stands.

Look at the link Gallery - Liverpool FC pictures 5,7 and 16 show the stand opposite the kop.

Slightly different to yours wouldn't you say?

Yes it is, that's the 73,000 all seater stadium version, which we don't have planning permission for. If we build the 60,000 stadium to HKS specs we'll have a stand the size of the paddock opposite the Kop.

026FDA1F-C667-062F-5C13F55E971C9971.jpg

B0DA0E7A-E505-FD6E-118A869569673913.jpg

Look at the two designs the original one featured all glass right up to the roof.

The second one the glass only goes part way up leaving the tops of the stands exposed this is were they tried to save money, essentially leaving the inside alone.

Yes it is, that's the 73,000 all seater stadium version, which we don't have planning permission for. If we build the 60,000 stadium to HKS specs we'll have a stand the size of the paddock opposite the Kop.

Hence why I said original.

I agree with you I'd have concerns about the 'corners' of the ground and a lack of sun light on the pitch ala the san siro.

As modern stadium designs go the HKS design was superb and I would have loved that to be built. But not now, it'd just be a permanent reminder of them.

Moores and Parry were only interested in a new stadium and I don't think they explored the idea of redeveloping Anfield enough. It's going to be at least 3 years before we could move into a new ground anyway so I don't see six months spent on looking at redevelopment plans as an issue before a decision is made.

Our match-day revenue is half that of Old Trafford and substantially less than the Arse or Chavs.

Ground redevelopment is an emotionally appealing cheap-skate option that will still generate less income than our main rivals. If Spurs build a new stadium, their revenue too will dwarf a trussed up Anfield.

Building a new stadium is the only solution to securing the long term success of the club.

The new owners have already planted redevelopment stories in the press, in addition to ground share. Both are a relatively cheap option that will appeal to John Henry while he concentrates on exploiting TV and merchandising revenues from the Far East.

Long term, we need a new stadium to compete against our main rivals and any other club that attracts a sugar-daddy owner.

Redeveloping Anfield will not achieve that, a new stadium will.

Didn't like it then, don't like it now.

It says nothing about US. All great stadiums are unique to the club in question. You see the Westfallon (it will always be that to me not Signul Iduna Park) and it's just right for the support, you see the Camp Nou and again, it just fits.

I guarentee that if we are unable to redevelop Anfield (which would be my first choice obviously) then the boys who NESV commission will understand this better and have proven so before.

Take a look at this:

http://mlb.mlb.com/bal/images/ballpark/y2009/480x200_ballpark.jpg

To me it's the best ball park about that isn't Fenway or Wrigley and it's comparable to those two in its simplicity and its beuaty. It integrates the surrounding area while being big enough and modern enough to meet the clubs needs.

I don't want a Dallas Cowboy's soulless mega stadium, I want a place that feels like it's our HOME.

Virtual Birdland | orioles.com: Ballpark

I believe these are the architects that would be charged with renovating or building the new Anfield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populous_(architects)

As you can see they have a mix of hit and miss, but their hits that should be applied to us I believe from what I've seen are:

Gillette Stadium

Heinz Field

ESTADIO DA LUZ! (Incredible Stadium!)

It seems they are also building Lyon's new stadium as well which should be interesting.