You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interview with Hicks on SSN tonight

withnail71

I hadn't hear the full interview when I made my previous comment. Now I have. Hicks admits that last season Rafa "lost the leaders" for "something" - and he said "something" with a shrug as though the "something" was not understandable or was not significant. As a result, he said, the players did not play as well as they could.

This confirms that Hicks and co (and I include Purslow and Broughton) constructed grounds for forcing Rafa out on the proposition that the "leaders" i.e. Gerrard and Carragher spoke against him.

Gerrard has not spoken about Rafa since he left, but has been fulsome in his praise of Hodgson and Houllier, as has Carragher. They both are trying to justify their dirty work regarding Rafa. Of course their defenders say there is no evidence. Well there is if you are Bascombe or a member of the TLW ruling clique - they know full well what Carragher was doing. And there are lots of others who know what Carragher was doing in briefing against Rafa. It will come out eventually - it has already started.

I also think its true that one of the reasons we did badly last year was that the players were demoralised by Carragher's and Gerrard's politiking - as well as their poor play. Gerrard decided his dislike of Rafa justified him saving himself for the World Cup and Carragher thought it justified him cosying up to Purslow to get himself a new contract.

Rafa did do something to upset these two cowards. He said in October and November last year that the senior players should take some responsibility when we were playing weaker teams to press for victory. We know how sensitive Carragher was about that - he even called Tomlison at home one evening and demanded to know, in that "organising" way of his, if Rafa had spoken critically to him about the "senior players".

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, human?

He comes across as a deluded, bitter, hate filled individual who is blaming everybody and everything apart from his disastrous and incompetent stewardship for the state the club got into, in my humble opinion.

He is all those things mate. I think we can agree on that.

If you werent a Liverpool fan you would have some sympathy for Tom Hicks

He came over very well, first time ever I have seen him on the charm offensive and I thought he did it very well.

It should be a very interesting court case.

Unfortunately, courts deal in facts, which is where Hicks' argument falls down like a pack of cards. As far as I'm aware, it's unlikely that putting on a doe eyed performance for in front of a salivating lackey for broadcast on Sky Sports News will help deliver hundreds of millions in damages.

Fuck what other people think, that wasn't exactly a grilling anyway was it? "How do you feel?"

"I'm financially ruined, how do you think?"

Fuck him.

I'll be astounded if this ever goes to court, truly astounded, I think he's running on ego at the moment, and when he sits down with a lawyer he'll just basically be warned he's throwing more of his money away. Fuck him, I hope his grandkids go to city college.

I've worked out where's he's getting the 300 mill figure from. He's lumped in signing on fees and wages as part of the transfer fee. the fucking bellend.

Remember when CP said the 20 mill had gone on wages.

CP was also alerting us to stuff going on. just a lot more Subtler than Rafa did.

I'll be astounded if this ever goes to court, truly astounded, I think he's running on ego at the moment, and when he sits down with a lawyer he'll just basically be warned he's throwing more of his money away. Fuck him, I hope his grandkids go to city college.

That's my thoughts too.

He goes out on the back of a charm and PR offensive and says "I don't want to hurt the club, I'm a good guy wank wank wank"

When in reality, someone has told him he's got absolutely no chance of winning - and he'll get counter-sued to fuck and left in ruin if he takes it to court.

Surely even he isn't stupid enough to effectively accuse the British Government of a grand conspiracy in a London High Court. If he does, the consequences would be hilarious, but it'll be preferable for everyone if he just fucks off - and I think he will.

300m dollars gross and 150m dollars net first

a few minutes later

300m pounds gross and 150m pounds net.

The man has been spouting so many lies in his life, he can't even keep track of them.

His brain is fucked. He is fucked. And will hopefully die soon. Soon as in tomorrow or something so I have another reason to get leathered.

Go on Tom, you know it makes sense.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking horrible fat cunt. LIAR!

The sheer arrogance of the man to spout lies like that on TV after being bummed in court on three occasions during the week! Fucking do one you parasite, and take your fucking picture down.

'Get out of our club, get out of our club, you lying bastards, get out of our club!'

Is irrelevant what anyone else watching it thinks as we all know better. Be a plus if he did try a court case as it will just end up disproving what he is saying and making him look more of a cunt.

Had the transfer spend argument with loads of non Liverpool fans who base their views on the big money figures in the shit rags.

Didn't know I was a terrorist either, learn something every day.

Hicks is defo in the wrong profession. I found myself adding my own bits in each time he was asked a question and answered.

"It has hurt my family? ME: Phahahahahahaha yeah ok bound to with money losses. Your living off cheese and spam on toast rather than homemade fresh bbq ribs."

"Its a swindle? ME: I fckin hope so makes its extra sweeter!!!"

"Martin Broughton isnt even a Liverpool fan, he supports chelsea ME: Like you frigon supported us!!!! Who you trying to kid here!! Never have been or never will be an LFC fan, Broughton more of a fan that you will ever be"

Rather entertaining it was watching that!

Hicks is a perfidious troll. He knows he cannot win in court as his "facts" will become dust, so he is now seeking sympathy and image reparation for future business dealings. I've no doubt that his sporting "empire" is gone forever, but some godforsaken souls are going to end up getting involved with him in a business capacity at some point in the not too distant future.

Funny as the framed picture is as an extension to his Liverpool mug pretence, it's no doubt also his way of telling NESV he made significant contributions to the build at Stanley Park, if they do want to go down that road.

I bet he does "hope, I hopes" the new group build that stadium - that's right where he'll aim future claims.

Then again, he is a gargantuan repugnant toad so what else would he do.