You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirit Of Shankly Statement on LFC Takeover

SpiritOfShankly

It really doesn't boil down to just one thing as you seem to think it does Coro. You can keep telling yourself the same thing but it really isn't true. It is one of very many reasons which have been stated on here plenty of times.

WrongIslander was very forthright but constructive in his views of certain aspects of the union he wanted clarification on. You shot him down with some abusive posts. Is it really worth it?

Would you speak to other members in the same way on here who had the same queries and questions about the union? We have had many discussions if you like over several months whilst I was a member and I always got the same type of response as WrongIslander has got from you.

I don't personally know any members of the committee but have met Fran and was impressed with his dedication and commitment in making the union better for its members. I admire that I admire some of the things the union has brought about since its inception a few years ago but it isn't without criticism either. Alienating people with valid queries and questions with abuse and insults really doesn't do anybody any favours mate.

It's what it boils down to. Let's say if the union were seen as more anti Rafa in their time then it would be a different story again, for example. Why dress it up any other way?

I know this is your way to now try and undermine whatever i've said by highlighting this supposed 'aggressiveness'. I have WrongIslander down as a bit of an attention seeker and i treated him as such. Just have a look at his post history if needs be.

As i've said, this is more than about the union. This is about the divisions in our support and what's at the root of them.

All very frustrating, all very unnecessary.

That's my view.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We drafted the release to acknowledge what our members had done first and foremost.

However, we also acknoeldged all the other groups who worked hard and the supporters generally.

On top of this we welcomed (and thanked) that the Board, who had struggled with having to work for Hicks and Gillett for a time, but did finally come through and look after the Club's interests.

We were also keen to see the Club (i.e all of us) get back together and put the divisions of the last few years behind us.

Now is the time to get that unity going again.

Individuals and groups set up to campaign against something presumably now have to decide what they do now. Congratulate themselves rightly and decide what are their next steps (as the primary enemy has gone), engage with the Union and seek reperesentation through it (clearly unlikely looking at some posts here) or developing themselves in to proper democratic bodies like the Union.

just like to say well done liverpool supporters. am not a sos member but i went on the marches, am not a member of kop faithful but i sent loads of emails, am not a member of savelfc but i boycotted all lfc merchandise theres nothing wrong with being a member of any of those groups but first and foremost you are all liverpool supporters so well done shut the fuck up and lets twat the blue shite

They don't represent you.

They do not speak for you and have never claimed to.

Let's face it, this is more than about the union.

Of course they do. They are a LIVERPOOL supporters union and we are LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS. Can you not understand that.

Every union whether directly or indirectly speaks for every single one of us and has the power to do so which is why we are worried about the message they preach.

You seem to be more about "protecting the union" than addressing our legitimate and reasonable concerns. As soon as I was wrong about the RTK/SOS statement I apologised and held myself accountable, it's not difficult. They took out a smear campaign on Broughton and Purslow and can't even apologise for it? Sorry but that doesn't instil me with confidence.

It's what it boils down to. Let's say if the union were seen as more anti Rafa in their time then it would be a different story again, for example. Why dress it up any other way?

It's no secret I wasn't the biggest fan of the Rafa marches but have I mentioned it once in here? No. Has anyone? No. Why? Because it has nothing to do with any of that.

I know this is your way to now try and undermine whatever i've said by highlighting this supposed 'aggressiveness'. I have WrongIslander down as a bit of an attention seeker and i treated him as such. Just have a look at his post history if needs be.

Feel free to look at my post history, you'll find things you may not agree with but you'll also see honest views that I always try to back up. I suppose you post hoping no one sees your posts right, cos you're just that much better than me. Character assassination now eh? Was that next in your handbook?

As i've said, this is more than about the union. This is about the divisions in our support and what's at the root of them.

All very frustrating, all very unnecessary.

That's my view.

And to help reinforce that view you completely ignore any point anyone has to make and bring up irrelevant information, make snap judgements and start to try and put people down calling them out for an opinion.

Ever get the feeling you might be more part of the problem than the solution?

What would I know, my opinion counts for nothing like, I'm just an attention seeker who dares to think for himself.

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact they do so."

Of course they do. They are a LIVERPOOL supporters union and we are LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS. Can you not understand that.

Every union whether directly or indirectly speaks for every single one of us and has the power to do so which is why we are worried about the message they preach.

You seem to be more about "protecting the union" than addressing our legitimate and reasonable concerns. As soon as I was wrong about the RTK/SOS statement I apologised and held myself accountable, it's not difficult. They took out a smear campaign on Broughton and Purslow and can't even apologise for it? Sorry but that doesn't instil me with confidence.

Can you point me in the direction of this smear campaign because as someone who hasn't missed a Committee meeting in nearly two years these other bastards must have been having snidey ones behind my back planning all of this.

Asking genuine and relevant questions publicly of the Chairman and Managing Director was not just right, it was also our duty as that's what our members wanted.

There was no smear campaign - I'd ask again where did this mythical campaign take place - what was it? Banners? Marches? Emails? Please be specific.

I feel like I've just pulled the shower curtain back and there is Bobby Ewing cos according to you all sorts of stuff has been happening that I have missed.

The bitterness and sour grapes shown towards Purslow still, is astounding. There are people who have absolutely destroyed him on here and even in public with banners etc and some of them don't have the good grace to say, 'thank you' or 'well done'. Fair play to SOS for their statement, i'm glad that they have acknowledged the efforts of other groups and also the board.

It's just a shame that some members continue to bang the drum regarding 'Cecil/Christy'.

SOS and other groups deserve congratulation for the pressures applied and being prepared to put in time and effort to deliver action not just words.

I think SOS needs to be proactive in rebuilding relationships with the Chairman and Chief Executive because they have earned our gratitude and being practical its hard to engage in discussion about supporter involvement if key figures in the club have been alienated.

SOS-Shareliverpool need to escalate their hitherto liesurely timetable for any real action.There will be a limited timespan with the new owners where the question of fan participation is a real option.I thought SOS were very cavalier about dismissing the early October deadline-whether that was just "spin" because they weren't ready I'm not sure.The only real way to protect interests in the future is thro a level of fan stakeholding and real progress needs to take place on what after all has always been the stated long term aim of SOS.

The bitterness and sour grapes shown towards Purslow still, is astounding. There are people who have absolutely destroyed him on here and even in public with banners etc and some of them don't have the good grace to say, 'thank you' or 'well done'. Fair play to SOS for their statement, i'm glad that they have acknowledged the efforts of other groups and also the board.

It's just a shame that some members continue to bang the drum regarding 'Cecil/Christy'.

With all due repect brownie,speaking purely for myself, I dont have any bitterness or sour grapes against Purslow. I just dont like the cunt and want him gone, thats just my opinion.

He done the job he was employed to do and received a massive amount of remunaration (and no doubt a massive bonus). Well done, I say, big gold star.

But, as far as I am concerned, he insulted SOS (Sons Of Strikers) thereby showing his true colours as a smug, small minded, middle class tory banker. (Does anyone not imagine what Shanklys response to this would have been?).

He further attempted to undermine the Union with the 'minutes' debacle.

He played H&G's game about the transfer funds, feeding us bullshit.

He undermined one of our legendary managers by conspiring with his lackies in the press, resulting in said legendary manager having to leave.(Again, what would Shankly have said about this?) He then, astonishingly, proceeded to appoint some third rate manager as a replacement (whilst at the same time ignoring the opinion/credentials of another of our legendary players/managers), resulting in us languishing in the relegation zone, playing the most reprehensible football I have ever seen us play. Excuse me, but what are Purlows credentials for making decisions on the football side of things?

As for the 'cock' and ' 4 Horsemen' banners, well done I say to whoever produced them. Those rich, middle class bankers who were appointed by Hicks & Gillett to run the club for them were left in no doubt that, should they fuck our club up acting on there behalf, the hounds of hell would be unleashed on them. (Honestly, has anyone even considered what the outcome to all this would have been if pressure hadnt been applied to all of the board? All this 'they done it cos they love the club' bollocks is laughable, they done it for the same reason as Broughton, money and reputation. [Nothing wrong with that, btw]).

So, rightly or wrongly, they are my reasons for thinking Purslow is a cunt. No agendas, no pro/anti Benitez garbage, no Sunday Sun/ Sunday Times bezzy mates arse licking, no axe to grind apart from my own beliefs.

As for 'the people on here who absolutely destroyed Purslow and didnt have the good grace to apologise' brownie, maybe those people (if they exist) are just following forum decorum? Because I cannot recall an apology for the astonishing claim made on this forum by a much respected poster that Rafa Benitez was taking backhanders as Liverpool manager! Now that is a much more damaging accusation than being accused of being a 'cock'!

(Sorry about the long winded post,and sorry to SOS for posting it in this thread. Just thought I would get it all off my chest and nail my colours to the mast, concerning Cecil.)

Right. 5....4....3....2....1....

thunderbirds.jpg

With all due repect brownie,speaking purely for myself, I dont have any bitterness or sour grapes against Purslow. I just dont like the cunt and want him gone, thats just my opinion.

He done the job he was employed to do and received a massive amount of remunaration (and no doubt a massive bonus). Well done, I say, big gold star.

But, as far as I am concerned, he insulted SOS (Sons Of Strikers) thereby showing his true colours as a smug, small minded, middle class tory banker. (Does anyone not imagine what Shanklys response to this would have been?).

He undermined one of our legendary managers by conspiring with his lackies in the press, resulting in said legendary manager having to leave.(Again, what would Shankly have said about this?) He then, astonishingly, proceeded to appoint some third rate manager as a replacement (whilst at the same time ignoring the opinion/credentials of another of our legendary players/managers), resulting in us languishing in the relegation zone, playing the most reprehensible football I have ever seen us play. Excuse me, but what are Purlows credentials for making decisions on the football side of things?

As for the 'cock' and ' 4 Horsemen' banners, well done I say to whoever produced them. Those rich, middle class bankers who were appointed by Hicks & Gillett to run the club for them were left in no doubt that, should they fuck our club up acting on there behalf, the hounds of hell would be unleashed on them. (Honestly, has anyone even considered what the outcome to all this would have been if pressure hadnt been applied to all of the board? All this 'they done it cos they love the club' bollocks is laughable, they done it for the same reason as Broughton, money and reputation. [Nothing wrong with that, btw]).

So, rightly or wrongly, they are my reasons for thinking Purslow is a cunt. No agendas, no pro/anti Benitez garbage, no Sunday Sun/ Sunday Times bezzy mates arse licking, no axe to grind apart from my own beliefs.

As for 'the people on here who absolutely destroyed Purslow and didnt have the good grace to apologise' brownie, maybe those people (if they exist) are just following forum decorum? Because I cannot recall an apology for the astonishing claim made on this forum by a much respected poster that Rafa Benitez was taking backhanders as Liverpool manager! Now that is a much more damaging accusation than being accused of being a 'cock'!

(Sorry about the long winded post,and sorry to SOS for posting it in this thread. Just thought I would get it all off my chest and nail my colours to the mast, concerning Cecil.)

thunderbirds.jpg

Yet if it wasn't for him, we'd still be owned by those two cunts and SOS would never have fulfilled its mission statement.

There's no point repeating the facts AP - they can't accept it. they'll fall over themselves to avoid it.

HU: "He undermined one of our legendary managers by conspiring with his lackies in the press, resulting in said legendary manager having to leave.(Again, what would Shankly have said about this?) He then, astonishingly, proceeded to appoint some third rate manager as a replacement"

followed shortly by: "No agendas, no pro/anti Benitez garbage,"

SoS will never have any credibility with me and thousands of other supporters while this sort of nonsense is spouted.

Tell me,no wind up.

What as Purslow done to justify this life changing scenario?

In my opinion, there had to be somebody talking to the papers undermining Rafa near the end of his reign.

Dont know who. But theres alot of posters who just want to ignore the numerous articles from people like Maddock who felt quite comfortbale quoting "senior sources".

I wanted Rafa gone in the end but despite that i feel that the campaign to undermine him was out of order. Whoever was behind it shouldnt be involved with our club.

In my opinion, there had to be somebody talking to the papers undermining Rafa near the end of his reign.

Dont know who. But theres alot of posters who just want to ignore the numerous articles from people like Maddock who felt quite comfortbale quoting "senior sources".

I wanted Rafa gone in the end but despite that i feel that the campaign to undermine him was out of order. Whoever was behind it shouldnt be involved with our club.

Has anybody any evidence it was Purslow? Written memos etc?

Has anybody any evidence it was Purslow? Written memos etc?

Well thats the thing. I doubt anyone can honestly say it they know it was him for sure. It might not even have come directly from him but by proxy. But its all conjecture.

In my own opinion, somebody was definently briefing the press to undermine the then manager. It might not have been Purslow or it might have. Problem is we'll probably never know.

The point i'd make is that should never ever happen, no matter who it is. As far as him deserving an apology, I really don't have an opinion. Hes done a good job getting cunts1&2 out with Broughton. He deserves respect for that at least.

thunderbirds.jpg

That was a hard read, but agree with most of it.

Irrespective of whether others had involvement, which they clearly did, Purslow is one of the three men who stood tallest of them all in that boardroom when it mattered.

Without wishing to sound facetious, its not hard to 'stand tall' when youre holding 4 aces (in the form of RBS calling the shots behind you), and youre up against an all-in busted flush! As far as I can see Broughton, Ayres and Purslow 'followed the money' which any 'self respecting' businessman/banker would do.

Of course, I am delighted that the money mens actions resulted in H&G being fucked off. But lets not kid ourselves that Broughton, Ayres & Purslow were acting out of altruistic reasons. (And if 'the end justifies the means' crap starts getting spouted, Im out of the discussion, for obvious reasons.)

There's no point repeating the facts AP - they can't accept it. they'll fall over themselves to avoid it.

HU: "He undermined one of our legendary managers by conspiring with his lackies in the press, resulting in said legendary manager having to leave.(Again, what would Shankly have said about this?) He then, astonishingly, proceeded to appoint some third rate manager as a replacement"

followed shortly by: "No agendas, no pro/anti Benitez garbage,"

SoS will never have any credibility with me and thousands of other supporters while this sort of nonsense is spouted.

Where is my agenda? Where is my pro/anti Benitez garbage?

Sos has got credibility were it matters mate, with thousands of supporters who put their money were their mouths are. And actually go on the marches and stay behind after the match to demonstrate.

Personally, I dont give two shits what you consider to be 'nonsense' being spouted. Actions speak louder than words.

Just remember how many match going supporters could be arsed staying behind after the Sunderland and Blackpool games.

Without wishing to sound facetious, its not hard to 'stand tall' when youre holding 4 aces (in the form of RBS calling the shots behind you), and youre up against an all-in busted flush! As far as I can see Broughton, Ayres and Purslow 'followed the money' which any 'self respecting' businessman/banker would do.

Of course, I am delighted that the money mens actions resulted in H&G being fucked off. But lets not kid ourselves that Broughton, Ayres & Purslow were acting out of altruistic reasons. (And if 'the end justifies the means' crap starts getting spouted, Im out of the discussion, for obvious reasons.)

Where is my agenda? Where is my pro/anti Benitez garbage?

Sos has got credibility were it matters mate, with thousands of supporters who put their money were their mouths are. And actually go on the marches and stay behind after the match to demonstrate.

Personally, I dont give two shits what you consider to be 'nonsense' being spouted. Actions speak louder than words.

Just remember how many match going supporters could be arsed staying behind after the Sunderland and Blackpool games.

Some of us stopped going in at all. Some of us did plenty.