You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirit Of Shankly Statement on LFC Takeover

SpiritOfShankly

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asking questions is one thing, scapegoating him and making him a target for the braindead masses to insult and go after is quite another.

With great power and all that...

He made himself a target, that's the problem.

This is ridiculous yet typical of our support these past 3 years.

Far too many people quick to throw in their opinions, too busy point scoring to appreciate the bigger picture, or to see what the union was up against from day one, too many self centred concerns and trivialities causing unnecessary divisions.

Even now with the hope of a fresh start it goes on and seemingly not much has been learned, not enough at any rate.

Well done SOS, well done KopFaithful, well done SaveLFC, well done Not A Penny More and all the other initiatives that have come together to put pressure on those who were set on destroying the club and for putting pressure on those in a position of power to change things for the better.

Exactly. So I don't see why Purslow should still be getting stick. He's wiped out all his past misdemeanors with his actions today, in my view. And I'll stick up for him when he's getting fucked about by people with agendas.

He looks shattered when he left the court today, he's worked his bollocks off.

Yes, of course in view.

What is your view. I very detached one so it seems.

People with agendas? You're talking about your fellow supporters there. So what's your agenda here? You're not a member of the union, you've never been to a meeting, you've never met anyone from within the union so how can you possibly begin to comment or understand the concerns of those people?

I'm sure you've a better understanding of KopFaithful and that's why you congratulate them. It was good to learn that a couple of those lads turned up to the last EGM.

Shame to see so many cling ons on the internet still intent on causing divisions.

Far too many people quick to throw in their opinions, too busy point scoring to appreciate the bigger picture, or to see what the union was up against from day one, too many self centred concerns and trivialities causing unnecessary divisions.

Even now with the hope of a fresh start it goes on and seemingly not much has been learned, not enough at any rate.

Well done SOS, well done KopFaithful, well done SaveLFC, well done Not A Penny More and all the other initiatives that have come together to put pressure on those who were set on destroying the club and for putting pressure on those in a position of power to change things for the better.

No, he didn't. He basically had the audacity to ask that a few things be kept off the record. He was in hindsight probably trying to keep a few people in the loop but not put his own ass on the line. Like self preservation is never an issue for any of you in your jobs?

Yeah let's ignore the past and risk making the same mistakes in the future by overreacting, clearly that's how we learn and what is good for the club.

How hard would it have been for SOS to say "we didn't always get it right, we must hold our hands up and apologise to Christian Purslow and especially Martin Broughton but our members AND LIVERPOOL FANS ACROSS THE WORLD .... "

What part of the special SOS code would that violate. It shows, humility, accountability and honesty, all things I've seen from John W. Henry yet we're already throwing down our "demands" to him. How about letting the lad set foot through the fucking door and giving him a chance to set out what he wants to do before you start dictating terms (as I believe I saw on SSN)?

Just a thought like.

Edited by WrongIslander

Funny. Especially considering it's keyboards that played a massive part in getting the Yanks out.

I wasn't trying to belittle the work of Steve H or anybody who took part in the fantastic e-campaigns that were launched.

However, I hate the mentality that some people have of moaning from a far about organisations like SOS without seemingly being willing to help them or contribute to making them stronger. Nobody can deny that they are the biggest game in town, so supporters should look to help to build them and make them a more professional outfit in the future.

As I said earlier, the lads running it are volunteers, not highly paid professionals, so lay off them aye and try to help.

No, he didn't. He basically had the audacity to ask that a few things be kept off the record. He was in hindsight probably trying to keep a few people in the loop but not put his own ass on the line. Like self preservation is never an issue for any of you in your jobs?

He released a completely different set of minutes and tried to claim the union falsified what he had said, as is my understanding.

I'm sure someone from the committee can clarify that further.

Why don't you get in touch with one of them and find out more or is that too good an intention and only gets in the way of what you're really trying to do here.

Going by what i've seen you post on this forum you're staying true to form.

I wasn't trying to belittle the work of Steve H or anybody who took part in the fantastic e-campaigns that were launched.

However' date=' I hate the mentality that some people have of moaning from a far about organisations like SOS without seemingly being willing to help them or contribute to making them stronger. Nobody can deny that they are the biggest game in town, so supporters should look to help to build them and make them a more professional outfit in the future.

As I said earlier, the lads running it are volunteers, not highly paid professionals, so lay off them aye and try to help.[/quote']

"Moaning from afar"... what the hell does that have to do with anything?

"Biggest game in town" ... yet KF landed the clear telling shot.

It's nothing against these lads but they could easily and nearly did do more harm than good. All I'm asking is more careful thought in the future.

He released a completely different set of minutes and tried to claim the union falsified what he had said, as is my understanding.

I'm sure someone from the committee can clarify that further.

Why don't you get in touch with one of them and find out more or is that too good an intention and only gets in the way of what you're really trying to do here.

Going by what i've seen you post on this forum you're staying true to form.

What I'm really trying to do ? Wow, how up your own ass are you lad?

Oh and I know what happened, Purslow tried to save his ass, I've already stated that. You'd do the same if you had a family.

What was the reason to go after Broughton by the way? Chelsea fan?

And well done all those nameless groupless souls who sent countless emails to countless others in assistance to the above mentioned groups.

And to those who boycotted games despite not being members of the aforementioned groups, etc etc etc

Team effort after all, regardless of affiliation :)

All this shite reminds me of Braveheart. After William Wallace has defeated the English, all the other clan members start fucking bickering.

Turn it in lads for fuck sake.

If that were the case, Stevie H would "unite the clans" and we'd fight like warrior poets to regain our freedom. Shame it's already sorted, would have been quite the sight....

What was the reason to go after Broughton by the way? Chelsea fan?

I guess because given the importance of the role he came to play, naturally questions were asked.

We've been lied to for the past 3 years by this regime, what good would it have done to let the guard down at that point?

With hindsight you can begin your recriminations but maybe without the pressure from fans then Broughton may have chosen a different route through all this.

Who knows but what is clear is that a group of supporters volunteered themselves to stand up for their club and fight for its future whereas people like yourself contributed what? A running commentary from the sidelines via internet forums?

So easy to be critical this day and age. Gives people like yourself a purpose.

This isn't an "old score" as I said in the past I didn't care one way or another about SOS until the infamous "meeting". I didn't like the fact they had the singing section and kept it even though it clearly doesn't work and now I don't like that regardless of who they are speaking to, they have the nerve to take credit for getting the Yanks out when two men who were integral to the process were the same two they were trying to hound out.

I don't have to join to have my say and I refuse to join an organisation that I don't believe is for the good of the club.

If this didn't read "SOS" and read "Sky Sports" then you'd all be falling over yourselves to tear apart the hypocrisy and what comes across as a blatant recruitment drive.

SOS didn't organise the singing section, RTK did with the full endorsement of the club. I think you've been corrected on that point before, but don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story.

As far as the statement being a recruitment tool, I think it was a serious overview of the unions position on the change of ownership, but I agree that attracting new members may have been a consideration when constructing the statement. There is no shame at all in that, their job is to build as strong an organisation as possible to create an effective collective voice.

I guess because given the importance of the role he came to play, naturally questions were asked.

We've been lied to for the past 3 years by this regime, what good would it have done to let the guard down at that point?

With hindsight you can begin your recriminations but maybe without the pressure from fans then Broughton may have chosen a different route through all this.

Who knows but what is clear is that a group of supporters volunteered themselves to stand up for their club and fight for its future whereas people like yourself contributed what? A running commentary from the sidelines via internet forums?

So easy to be critical this day and age. Gives people like yourself a purpose.

Ah right, so people like me not in a union are mere useless peasants. I must say you are doing a grand job allaying my fears.

"Broughton may have chosen a different route"... yes I'm sure being interrogated and lied about and insulted beyond belief was what endeared him to us. It couldn't just be he is a professional with a great track record and a man of integrity .... hmmm now who does that sound like... ah yes John W. Henry, the man already guilty until proven innocent.

Unreal. You belong in SOS.

SOS didn't organise the singing section' date=' RTK did with the full endorsement of the club. I think you've been corrected on that point before, but don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story.

[b']I'm not sure I have but fair enough I stand corrected. Hardly a big deal is it? Obviously they had the endorsment of the club I didn't think they just started moving fans about willy nilly. That doesn't mean it hasn't proven to be a bad idea. RTK's fault though not SOS's, sound. [/b]

As far as the statement being a recruitment tool, I think it was a serious overview of the unions position on the change of ownership, but I agree that attracting new members may have been a consideration when constructing the statement. There is no shame at all in that, their job is to build as strong an organisation as possible to create an effective collective voice.

The problem comes when "building the union" takes over supporting the fans. The two are not always one and the same. Also why did you not comment on their complete lack of accountability?

Ah right, so people like me not in a union are mere useless peasants. I must say you are doing a grand job allaying my fears.

"Broughton may have chosen a different route"... yes I'm sure being interrogated and lied about and insulted beyond belief was what endeared him to us. It couldn't just be he is a professional with a great track record and a man of integrity .... hmmm now who does that sound like... ah yes John W. Henry, the man already guilty until proven innocent.

Unreal. You belong in SOS.

You're determined to twist peoples words and prolong this 'debate'.

If you can show were Broughton was lied about or why he would have been insulted that would be great.

If you can show were the union have claimed that the new owners are guilty of anything that would be great too.

You belong on the internet, safest place for you.

"Moaning from afar"... what the hell does that have to do with anything?

"Biggest game in town" ... yet KF landed the clear telling shot.

It's nothing against these lads but they could easily and nearly did do more harm than good. All I'm asking is more careful thought in the future.

Well when you are not part of the organisation, not willing to join and not wiliing to help them grow and get better, then it's pretty rich to expect them to listen to your words of caution and unguarded criticism.

Kop Faithful made a fantastic contribution to the campaign, but 'clear telling shot' - I think that title goes to the board. I'm sure Steve H would admit that the e-mail campaign alone wouldn't have got them out and that SOS made a significant and telling contribution to that.

Well when you are not part of the organisation' date=' not willing to join and not wiliing to help them grow and get better, then it's pretty rich to expect them to listen to your words of caution and unguarded criticism.

Kop Faithful made a fantastic contribution to the campaign, but 'clear telling shot' - I think that title goes to the board. I'm sure Steve H would admit that the e-mail campaign alone wouldn't have got them out and that SOS made a significant and telling contribution to that.[/quote']

Without his email the board would look very different and I was clearly talking within the context of fans.