You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirit Of Shankly Statement on LFC Takeover

SpiritOfShankly

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that everyone else has to admit blame and be honest but SOS doesn't....

Time for an apology for Mr Broughton and time to leave Mr Purslow alone would you not say?

Are you not in the slightest bit worried that your actions/ overreactions could have been to the detriment of our club?

I'd ask that greater care is taken in the future when decisions are made as to who we scapegoat and what actions and words we use against them.

With all that said, as I've said in the past I believe your hearts are in the right place and you've certainly put in a lot of hardwork so for that much I thank you and respect you but I'm more cautious of the damage that SOS can do/could have done than John W. Henry at this moment in time.

Was about to say something similar to below myself, the sniping starts from the same old people. Its a fucking union join turn up and have you're say!

From day one Purslow tried to undermine them and discredit them.

Questions needed to be asked about Broughton.

I can see why the union steered away from being just an internet based initiative with people like yourself looking to cause mischief.

If you've any concerns turn up to an EGM and voice them.

SOS can't win can they?

They make it clear in the statement that they are speaking on behalf of their members and they get slated. They don't make that clear and they get slated as well.

If your not happy with what they are doing, go along to meetings, write to them or stand in elelctions for leadership petitions. They are a democratic organisation so you can have meaningful input into what they do.

However, if your not a member, you haven't got any grounds to criticise. That's not 'propaganda' that's just fact.

These lads donate their own time and effort to making a difference, at the expense of their own personal life. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and moan, but it's something different to turn that into something

useful.

Over the last 2 years, SOS have done more to highlight the ownership issue than any other group. They were the forerunners of fan action and solidarity and have done things for fans other than just organise protests, such as cheaper travel to away games.

They have made mistakes along the way and I personally didn't agree with the targeting of Purslow, but those mistakes have been out weighed by the good things they have done, in my opinion.

Questions have been asked about the union, plenty of them.

Given the role Broughton came to play then of course questions needed to be asked.

Turn up to a meeting, voice your concerns, far more productive.

Asking questions is one thing, scapegoating him and making him a target for the braindead masses to insult and go after is quite another.

With great power and all that...

SOS can't win can they?

They make it clear in the statement that they are speaking on behalf of their members and they get slated. They don't make that clear and they get slated as well.

If your not happy with what they are doing' date=' go along to meetings, write to them or stand in elelctions for leadership petitions. They are a democratic organisation so you can have meaningful input into what they do.

However, if your not a member, you haven't got any grounds to criticise. That's not 'propaganda' that's just fact.

These lads donate their own time and effort to making a difference, at the expense of their own personal life. [b']It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and moan, but it's something different to turn that into something

useful.

[/b]

Over the last 2 years, SOS have done more to highlight the ownership issue than any other group. They were the forerunners of fan action and solidarity and have done things for fans other than just organise protests, such as cheaper travel to away games.

They have made mistakes along the way and I personally didn't agree with the targeting of Purslow, but those mistakes have been out weighed by the good things they have done, in my opinion.

Funny. Especially considering it's keyboards that played a massive part in getting the Yanks out.

You'd think that for just one day, we could dispense with the petty arguments. A lot of people have done various different things to help get rid of the owners and today should be about celebrating that fact. SOS, Kop Faithful, Save LFC, and going by the events of the last couple of weeks, Broughton, Purslow and Ayre have all done their bit to get rid of them.

At least let the dust settle before trying settle old scores.

SOS can't win can they?

If your not happy with what they are doing' date=' go along to meetings, write to them or stand in elelctions for leadership petitions. They are a democratic organisation so you can have meaningful input into what they do.

These lads donate their own time and effort to making a difference, at the expense of their own personal life. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and moan, but it's something different to turn that into something

useful.

They have made mistakes along the way and I personally didn't agree with the targeting of Purslow, but those mistakes have been out weighed by the good things they have done, in my opinion.[/quote']

Fucking well said!

You'd think that for just one day, we could dispense with the petty arguments. A lot of people have done various different things to help get rid of the owners and today should be about celebrating that fact. SOS, Kop Faithful, Save LFC, and going by the events of the last couple of weeks, Broughton, Purslow and Ayre have all done their bit to get rid of them.

Exactly. So I don't see why Purslow should still be getting stick. He's wiped out all his past misdemeanors with his actions today, in my view. And I'll stick up for him when he's getting fucked about by people with agendas.

He looks shattered when he left the court today, he's worked his bollocks off.

I would venture that 99% of the people that stayed behind after the games to demonstrate were SOS members.

After paying to get in....

But coop's right, there's no one up man ship needed here. As long as SOS members don't start being petty about Purslow and Broughton then all will be sound.

This isn't an "old score" as I said in the past I didn't care one way or another about SOS until the infamous "meeting". I didn't like the fact they had the singing section and kept it even though it clearly doesn't work and now I don't like that regardless of who they are speaking to, they have the nerve to take credit for getting the Yanks out when two men who were integral to the process were the same two they were trying to hound out.

I don't have to join to have my say and I refuse to join an organisation that I don't believe is for the good of the club.

If this didn't read "SOS" and read "Sky Sports" then you'd all be falling over yourselves to tear apart the hypocrisy and what comes across as a blatant recruitment drive.