You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirit Of Shankly Statement on LFC Takeover

SpiritOfShankly

The problem comes when "building the union" takes over supporting the fans. The two are not always one and the same. Also why did you not comment on their complete lack of accountability?

I'm not really sure what you mean by that to be honest. The SOS executive are more accountable than any other group as they are elected and have regular meetings to engage with members.

If their members aren't happy with the approach or strategy of the current leadership, they can vote them out, plain and simple. However, if people aren't willing to put their head above the parapet and get involved, then the organisation won't mature.

I know I'm probably wasting my time and I'll probably never convince you, but SOS' members and leadership are ultimately fellow fans and a force for good with the right intentions at it's core, all be it with some tactical mistakes thrown in. If you joined, you might actually be able to use your criticism to help them in the future.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure what you mean by that to be honest. The SOS executive are more accountable than any other group as they are elected and have regular meetings to engage with members.

If their members aren't happy with the approach or strategy of the current leadership' date=' they can vote them out, plain and simple. However, if people aren't willing to put their head above the parapet and get involved, then the organisation won't mature.

I know I'm probably wasting my time and I'll probably never convince you, but SOS' members and leadership are ultimately fellow fans and a force for good with the right intentions at it's core, all be it with some tactical mistakes thrown in. If you joined, you might actually be able to use your criticism to help them in the future.[/quote']

Really well put that. Wish i could slow my brain down enough to articulate myself as well at times.

I'm thankful to all those who've shown initiative in trying to oust Hicks & Gillett.

The efforts from all those people should not be damned by any at this stage.

Hopefully clarity will reign from here on in and with hindsight everyone will have a better understanding of the situation and the decisions made that have come to pass.

If their members aren't happy with the approach or strategy of the current leadership' date=' they can vote them out, plain and simple. However, if people aren't willing to put their head above the parapet and get involved, then the organisation won't mature.

I know I'm probably wasting my time and I'll probably never convince you, but SOS' members and leadership are ultimately fellow fans and a force for good with the right intentions at it's core, all be it with some tactical mistakes thrown in. If you joined, you might actually be able to use your criticism to help them in the future.[/quote']

You should read my earlier posts, I've said I believe their hearts are in the right place. I've also said I believe they could do and have done a lot of good and have worked tirelessly and thanked them for that.

Non of that however means we should overlook the mistakes they made and the first step is accountability. If as an organisation they want to be taken seriously and expect people to be accountable to them, they surely must practice what they preach.

Also regardless of if they are writing to their members or not, they should not fail to acknowledge the work of others.

Finally even if it was for their members it was posted on an open forum with no indication of this.

I don't believe I deserve or warrant the abuse or label that I get for merely asking questions and being concerned about repeating the same mistakes.

If you can tell me what is wrong about advising to exercise caution and accountability in the future then sound I'll happily accept I'm wrong and move on, the fact remains though no one can.

Regardless of what people say, what's best for LIVERPOOL F.C. is my only concern.

Without his email the board would look very different and I was clearly talking within the context of fans.

If SOS hadn't put in so much legwork highlighting the ownership situation, the supporters campaign might not have gathered the pace that it did.

Everybody played a part, and it was fantastic. Don't try to undermine SOS role though just because you are not a fan of the organisation.

I'm guessing you're not a member of the union.

Your aggressiveness towards people who question certain motives of the union could be enough to put people off joining mate.

For what it is worth, I haven't renewed and I won't be now but I never got the feeling that during my two years as a so-called member of them they were speaking for me as you say.

Your aggressiveness towards people who question certain motives of the union could be enough to put people off joining mate.

For what it is worth, I haven't renewed and I won't be now but I never got the feeling that during my two years as a so-called member of them they were speaking for me as you say.

No, take it as frustration.

Too much fiddling whilst Rome burned.

I wont weep.

No, take it as frustration.

Too much fiddling whilst Rome burned.

I wont weep.

The points WrongIslander and a couple of others make were perfectly fair ones, no malice in any of them from what I seen Coro but if you are one of the heirarchy in the union per se, how can you expect it to be taken seriously with obtusive and in some cases, abusive replies?

I don't know what your role is in the union mate but you are very protective of it, nothing wrong with that of course but I would hardly say that you are going out of your way to encourage people to join with the tone of some of your posts.

You should read my earlier posts, I've said I believe their hearts are in the right place. I've also said I believe they could do and have done a lot of good and have worked tirelessly and thanked them for that.

Non of that however means we should overlook the mistakes they made and the first step is accountability. If as an organisation they want to be taken seriously and expect people to be accountable to them, they surely must practice what they preach.

Also regardless of if they are writing to their members or not, they should not fail to acknowledge the work of others.

Finally even if it was for their members it was posted on an open forum with no indication of this.

I don't believe I deserve or warrant the abuse or label that I get for merely asking questions and being concerned about repeating the same mistakes.

If you can tell me what is wrong about advising to exercise caution and accountability in the future then sound I'll happily accept I'm wrong and move on, the fact remains though no one can.

Regardless of what people say, what's best for LIVERPOOL F.C. is my only concern.

You don't warrant any abuse, primarily because you're right. SOS made a huge strategic blunder going after Purslow and Broughton. A truly idiotic thing to do. We're asked to accept they made a mistake and get behind them, because they were misguided when they started on their nasty, vindictive little campaign. They can't see the irony that's staring them in the face.

Let's hope they can enjoy not having Hicks and Gillette at the club.

The points WrongIslander and a couple of others make were perfectly fair ones, no malice in any of them from what I seen Coro but if you are one of the heirarchy in the union per se, how can you expect it to be taken seriously with obtusive and in some cases, abusive replies?

I don't know what your role is in the union mate but you are very protective of it, nothing wrong with that of course but I would hardly say that you are going out of your way to encourage people to join with the tone of some of your posts.

I'm just a member, stop trying to paint me as anything more than that.

I wouldn't be foolish enough to come on here expecting to recruit new members. I understand the attitude on this forum towards the union.

I, along with others, have promoted the union on .tv and other places to great effect.

Yours is a slanted view of the union and that's what leads you to agreeing with posters like that WrongIslander.

Let's not dress this up any other way, if the union had said nice things about your mate it'd be a different story. That's what it boils down to as petty as it is.

'Obtusive' isn't a word by the way but the irony was great, cheers.

You don't warrant any abuse, primarily because you're right. SOS made a huge strategic blunder going after Purslow and Broughton. A truly idiotic thing to do. We're asked to accept they made a mistake and get behind them, because they were misguided when they started on their nasty, vindictive little campaign. They can't see the irony that's staring them in the face.

Here's the ironic one back at his ironic best.

Shame he has me on ignore because otherwise we could discuss Purslow's treatment of the union all those months ago and in the months since.

If the shoe was on the other foot and all that.

Coro you're pretty fucking touchy when it comes to the SOS. If people don't agree that they're our knights in shining armour then fair enough, that's their opinion. Whether it be at a meeting or on here, I'll say what I want when it comes to a union who apparently represent us, a union which made some massive mistakes during the whole ordeal.

But they didn't have to even start doing it in the first place so I applaud them for that and the marches, you're the one causing the arguments by taking people up on their opinions all the time, what do you want? everyone to say "ahh yeah SOS were brilliant, they didn't do any questionable things throughout the 3 years"

Oh and Purslow in his interview pretty much eluded to the shit he got off some sections of the crowd. That banner was shameful.

Coro you're pretty fucking touchy when it comes to the SOS. If people don't agree that they're our knights in shining armour then fair enough, that's their opinion. Whether it be at a meeting or on here, I'll say what I want when it comes to a union who apparently represent us.

They don't represent you.

They do not speak for you and have never claimed to.

Let's face it, this is more than about the union.

To complete the circle of justice in which SOS has been so creative, I hope SOS will help bring Rafa back - or at least give Rafa the opportunity to come back. His going in those circumstances is the one remaining injustice that will prevent a healing.

Despite the rabid anti-Rafa's bigots, represented by the ruling clique on TLW, the vast majority of supporters want him back. In a recent poll even the general readership of TLW wanted him back by a two thirds majority - a large enough margin to amend the constitution of most countries.

But they didn't have to even start doing it in the first place so I applaud them for that and the marches, you're the one causing the arguments by taking people up on their opinions all the time, what do you want? everyone to say "ahh yeah SOS were brilliant, they didn't do any questionable things throughout the 3 years"

Oh and Purslow in his interview pretty much eluded to the shit he got off some sections of the crowd. That banner was shameful.

I take issue with some of the shite directed at them. I take issue with where it stems from. Let's not twist this any other way even though it may make you feel a bit better.

That wasn't a union banner by the way.

I'm just a member, stop trying to paint me as anything more than that.

I wouldn't be foolish enough to come on here expecting to recruit new members. I understand the attitude on this forum towards the union.

I, along with others, have promoted the union on .tv and other places to great effect.

Yours is a slanted view of the union and that's what leads you to agreeing with posters like that WrongIslander.

Let's not dress this up any other way, if the union had said nice things about your mate it'd be a different story. That's what it boils down to as petty as it is.

'Obtusive' isn't a word by the way but the irony was great, cheers.

It really doesn't boil down to just one thing as you seem to think it does Coro. You can keep telling yourself the same thing but it really isn't true. It is one of very many reasons which have been stated on here plenty of times.

WrongIslander was very forthright but constructive in his views of certain aspects of the union he wanted clarification on. You shot him down with some abusive posts. Is it really worth it?

Would you speak to other members like yourself of SOS in the same way on here who had the same queries and questions about the union? We have had many discussions if you like over several months whilst I was a member and I always got the same type of response as WrongIslander has got from you.

I don't personally know any members of the committee but have met Fran and was impressed with his dedication and commitment in making the union better for its members. I admire that I admire some of the things the union has brought about since its inception a few years ago but it isn't without criticism either. Alienating people with valid queries and questions with abuse and insults really doesn't do anybody any favours mate.

Edited by Juan Galonso

The Union stands for its members. Members vote a committee, What SOS send out is on behalf of there members.

I'm very proud of Keith,Peter,Mono,Fran,Jay,Sam,Fermo,Frank,JP,Paul. Hope I've not missed anybody who was there from the begining.

Fantastic people who also understand my frustrations, but really work there hardest for our club.

I texted Keith the other day to thank them. I'll post it as well. They all done there bit.

Even though Jay is starting to look like Zidane.

You dish out compliments in a manner that suggests you have some moral authority. You are always attempting to subvert the organised work of SOS in order to draw attention to yourself in stunts designed to give you 15 minutes of fame. I don't forget your lies about other posters and about Rafa, your constant slander of a man whose shoes you are not fit to lick, and your threat to do him physical harm.

So questions needed to be asked about Broughton but not SOS?

I'm not looking to cause mischief at all, I'm stating my opinion and I'm not the only one who can see for whatever reason something's not right.

"Turn up to a meeting" Yeah that's a new one.

There's is little doubt that Broughton and Purslow where appointed to the Club at the behest of RBS.

Broughton and Purslow done what RBS HAD EMPLOYED THEM TO DO,LOOK AFTER THE BANKS INVESTMENT/INTERESTS.

The fact that it benefited Liverpool interest is secondary.

I would like to thank ATK,Dougie Doins,Kop Faithful SoS and others to numerous to mention,each all played their part in removing Hicks and Gillett from the Club.

In my opinion the biggest factor in the Owners downfall was the failure this year of qualifying for the Champions League,make no mistake the owners would have used this income to carry on funding THEIR debts.and RBS KNEW THIS.

RBS, whilst we where qualifying for Champions league,carried on refinancing the owners debt,even going as far to say that Liverpool's debt where "sustainable"

Purslow last summer tried to kid us over transfer budget and activately "asset stripped" us to make us more attractive to any potential buyer,to get his paymaster's investment back.

So to finish, Purslow,Broughton and Ayers are claiming all the plaudits right now,but lets not forget that Broughton's and Purslow's actions where the Banks first and Liverpool merely fell into the slipstream.