You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carragher extends Liverpool deal!!

AGGERaphobic

Liverpool vice-Captain Jamie Carragher has agreed a two-year contract extension that will see him stay at Anfield until June 2013.

It means the centre-half, 33, in January, is likely to end his career at the club he joined as a schoolboy.

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce that Jamie Carragher has signed a two year contract extension that will keep him at Anfield until June 2013.

The Reds vice captain has been a key fixture in the side since making his debut back in January 1997 and currently ranks sixth in the club's all-time list of appearances having donned the famous shirt on no fewer than 641 occasions.

The No. 23 enjoyed a testimonial against Everton earlier this year and is now in the midst of his 15th season with the club.

He has won no fewer than 10 major honours with the Reds, including two FA Cups, two League Cups, a UEFA Cup and the Champions League.

Been a lot of discussion on here lately about Carra and whether he still warrants a place in the starting line-up, just wondering what people's thoughts are on him signing a new contract?

Edited by AGGERaphobic

This day just keeps on giving. If we can start to look like a team I see no reason why Carragher can't carry on playing, we look shit right across the park. I am sure Carragher himself will know when the day comes, the day when he isn't good enough to play for us.

The article I read about him today was a good one, he said he can't imagine a life outside football, said he sees himself coaching, scouting or whatever. With regards to be the manager one day, he was honest with his reply, saying that you have to earn your stripes. He is making all the right noises.

Excellent news. Another 2 years of HOOF ! HOOF ! maybe after that we can move him into a coaching role, and he can teach the centre halves of the future to give away posession over and over.

Sad.

Good on Jamie, he deserves his contract for all the good work he's done at the club, his commitment on the pitch is second to none. He's made some mistakes, but who hasn't?

I think this should be his last season as a starter, but I feel he would still be an useful player in the next years, even if he isn't a starter, a bit like Hyypia.

Sad.

I think this should be his last season as a starter, but I feel he would still be an useful player in the next years, even if he isn't a starter, a bit like Hyypia.

08-09 should have been his last season, he has been a great servant, but IMO he is the main reason we are playing so poorly this season.

Delighted he's staying, still believe he has a lot to offer especially to some of our younger players who are hoping to break through!! He is also doing his coaching badges so should fit in nicely in a couple of years and hopefully enjoy many more years with the club.

I think hell be a great help to Martin Kelly, having been in the same situation as him, hopefully Kelly will turn out as good a defender as Carragher was in his peak.

I think hell be a great help to Martin Kelly, having been in the same situation as him, hopefully Kelly will turn out as good a defender as Carragher was in his peak.

Can see only good things for young Kelly, been really impressed with him this season he's certainly not let anyone down when he's been called upon!!

IMO he is the main reason we are playing so poorly this season.

I'd say tactics are the main reason, they aren't suited to most of our players strengths.

Carragher isn't going to look as good if Hodgson plays tactics which involves trying to deal with a lot of crosses, which has never been one of Carragher's strengths.

I'd say tactics are the main reason, they aren't suited to most of our players strengths.

Carragher isn't going to look as good if Hodgson plays tactics which involves trying to deal with a lot of crosses, which has never been one of Carragher's strengths.

Carragher has looked a lot more suspect since we signed Johnson. He certainly was a lot better in 08/09 when we had Arbeloa at right back.

I believe that the shape of the team prior to Johnson was beneficial to Carragher, he had protection from the midfield and was part of a more conventional back four.

With Johnson's lack of discipline and shite defensive midfielders, he will look exposed. He once had Alonso and Mascherano, he now has Poulson and Lucas to protect him.

Alonso was a great benefit to Carra, he would take the ball of him and had the passing range to do damage.Without Alonso Carra looks lost.

Alonso was a great benefit to Carra, he would take the ball of him and had the passing range to do damage.Without Alonso Carra looks lost.

Fuck me, you are one sad boring cunt arent you?

You lost the club, your in debt for £141M and yet you still keep posting shite!, why dont you fuck off back across the pond and die a slow rotting death?

And take the other wanker with you.

PS, its "off" not "of" him

Fucking yanks, cant even spell.

You lost the club, your in debt for £141M and yet you still keep posting shite!, why dont you fuck off back across the pond and die a slow rotting death?

what the fuck is your problem ?

p.s it's 'you're', not 'your'.:thumbup:

Fuckin hell Carra has been an excellent servant and is deserving of a new contract. I think Carra has been more exposed and made to look worse than he actually is particularly because of Johnson. Johnson is defensively inept and as a result the whole defence is under more pressure than it should but Carra will feel that effect moreso being on the right sided centre half